“Excellent Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rione XIII

Rione XIII
Reserve with OpenTable
Rione XIII is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #831 of 4,062 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th & Harrison
San Jose
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We ate dinner here in June. We split a salad, and then they gave us a complementary antipasto platter because they thought the service was too slow. We both had wonderful simple pasta dishes which looked to be on the small size, but were plenty and we split a dessert. The service was also quite good. Our only complaint is that it is a bit on the noisy side, but worth it for the food and wine.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank HappyTravelerSanJose

“First time Fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Rione XIII twice during our week in Seattle. We went back the second time based on our experience the first time. The first time we went we were lucky enough to have a table outside, the food was fantastic and our server was great. The second time we went there was only one table available. Well, actually there were 3 tables available but we were told that the other two were reserved and basically we could take the table we were being offered or leave. The host was a little bit rude about it. For the record neither of the tables had reserved signs on them, so I'm not sure how we were supposed to know. And we were there for about an hour and a half and the one reservation didn't show up until minutes before we left, and plenty of tables had turned over the in the time we were there. Anyway, our server was good and the good was excellent again. But it's quite loud and crowded inside the restaurant so it just wasn't quite the nice experience we had on our first visit. I would certainly recommend this restaurant, but I would say you should call ahead and request a table!

“Rome in Seattle!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

For a taste of Trastevere while in Seattle, go to Rione XIII. The food was excellent! From the carciofi, to suppli, to cacio e pepe and amatriciana you would believe you are in Rome. While not easy to get to, it's worth the effort as the prices are very reasonable and the food excellent! Pacing of the meal was well timed and the staff attentive but not overbearing.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent service and tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Ok. Don't get your hopes up about the insalata mista. But everything else was good. The salad was just, well, boring. Plain lettuce leaves with raspberry vinaigrette...boring and kind of bitter too. The bread is also on the boring side. But the polenta gnocci, while you may not be able to readily find it in Italy, was still very tasty. I would have called it baked polenta, since it's in cubes and looks like it was pretty much baked. The prosciutto pizza was also good, though as my fiance noted, you don't ever find prosciutto in Italy without mushrooms (funghi)...since I don't eat meat, I can't comment on that. Still he said it was good. I also had a glass of white wine from the Abruzzo region, which was affordable and good. And, the dessert was wonderful: pistachio canoli. The pistachio gelato was definitely the high point of the dessert...the pistachio ricotta being a bit bland...I think plain ricotta is better inside of canoli. Still, it's something not to miss if you like pistachio.

Our waiter was very attentive without being annoying. He was responsive to each of my requests and always seemed to be available when we needed something, despite being busy.

I wasn't sure about the loud music at first, but since it was mostly 80's rock, I ended up tapping my foot to a lot of it, as it is not music I hear very often. We sat near the windows on the street as it was warm. That gave a wonderful feel to the place.

• Visited July 2014
Houston
“Excellent and reasonable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

We came here by chance. It was on our radar because we had read about the homemade mozzarella, but we had actually planned to eat at List. However, a lengthy wait, coupled with an easy reservation on OpenTable made up our minds for us. What a push in the right direction!

The salads are big enough to share, and they're great. My parents shared the mixed salad, and my husband and I went for the grilled asparagus with poached egg (amazing). Then, we all shared a burrata, which was an in-house masterpiece -- a little firmer on the outside than the ultra-soft varieties we've had in the past. It was incredible. Next, my dad and husband went in for pizzas -- which are enormous. They're rectangular, FYI. I ordered two side veggies because I just couldn't bear to eat a full dinner on my own, and I munched on their crusts. My mom had the chicken cacciatore, and I think it was great because she didn't offer it to anyone else. The wine was a value and delicious, as well. Overall, a memorable, wonderful meal.

Visited June 2014

Been to Rione XIII? Share your experiences!