“excellent choice”

The Brooklyn Seafood Steak & Oyster House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brooklyn Seafood Steak & Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 4,109 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Second & University
Transit: Directly across from the University Street transit tunnel. Allowing easy access to the light rail, free ride bus zone and transit options for the greater Seattle area.
Description: Dine with us and Celebrate 22 years of award winning food and service. Join us for the freshest ideas in Northwest Cuisine! Enjoy fresh seafood delivered daily, the largest rotating selection of fresh oysters in the city, 28-day aged beef and a delicious selection signature desserts. The Brooklyn is centrally-located in downtown Seattle, directly across the street from the Seattle Symphony at Benaroya Hall and the Seattle Art Museum. We are within easy walking distance of Pike Place Market and Seattle Waterfront.
Brussels, Belgium
“excellent choice”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

After having been to several more exotic restaurants, my wife and i craved for traditional seafood and heard recommendations about this place. Another of many places in Seattle that didn't disappoint: traditional American place, great selection of food (fish and meat) in tasty combinations and a superb collection of oysters available (if its the season).
So yeah: came, ate and liked it

• Visited January 2014

• Serbian first
Seattle, Washington
“Meh. More quantity here than quality.”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I love steak. Like, I LAVA it. No really, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE.

So I like to think I know a thing or two about a good steakhouse. This place has been on my list of places to visit for a while. It's got pretty good reviews and I need to ensure I'm going to the best place in town when I get my steak fix on.

It's not horrible, but it's not amazing. Meh.

My husband and I dined with his sister and hubs over the holiday season; for the two of us, we got 2 drinks, uncorked a bottle of wine, had an appetizer, paid for some bread, had two steak entrees, paid for some extra bearnaise (I'll come back to this), and had a dessert all for $160 (not including tip). I think that's a pretty darn good price for all that food. So again, quantity is the emphasis here.

The problems I had:
* You had to pay for bread. Okay, fine, it's going to be some delish gourmet bread. No, it's literally just some small, generic loaf of french bread. Ugh.
* Every potato they offered is smothered in cheese. I know, who doesn't love cheese. This crazy broad, I'm afraid. I just want a simple baked potato; but alas, they don't have any. Double ugh.
* They secretly charge you for more bearnaise sauce. Backstory: I always order a filet oscar (so noms), and usually, I just want a TINY, ITTY, LITTLE bit more sauce because the crab sops it all up. I ask the server at other steakhouses, and get some, no charge, no fuss, no biggie. The problem I have here is the principal. I mean, if it's something you charge, the server should've said something.

I just felt like this place just nickel and dimes you. And that doesn't really allow me to enjoy myself. It felt like an upscale Keg Steakhouse. Nothing wrong with the Keg; we go there for a free dinner on our birthday. But you go in knowing what you're getting. I guess with this place, it feels like it's trying to be something nicer, but it's not. Be real with me. Then I won't be disappointed.

So bottom line: it's good. But there's better. :)

• Visited December 2013
Mukilteo, Washington
“Consistently good food and service”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

A bit spendy, but it is one of our favorite places to stop at for dinner after Seahawk football games. Love sitting in the captains chairs in the restaurant, love the oyster selections, always have a great steak and great service. One of my reliable favorites.

• Visited December 2013
Bellevue, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fabulous”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a great place to dine. Very consistent and the food is amazing. We have always enjoyed our experience at this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
Kirkland, Washington
“Freshest Oysters, Delicious Entrees & great Service”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We loved everything about our dining experience. Since it was New Years Eve, our server made sure we didn't have a time constraint to help us get to our event in time. However, we didn't feel rushed to free the table, either. Our dinner companions were not in good spirits, but the server maintained her cheerful composure. We ordered 19 oysters and they were all excellent. The salad was fresh and delicious. Our entrees - bouillabaisse, lamb, scallops and mussels all looked and tasted fantastic. The wine selection is very good, with many affordable options. The martinis were generous and icy cold. We didn't try dessert, but I saw others that looked very yummy. A great experience!

• Visited January 2014