“Knows his stuff”

Spot Tail Salmon Guide
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This guide is for folks who like to fish. And by fish I mean feel the fish bite with a rod and reel in their hands as opposed to watching a deckhand pull the gear off a downrigger, hook a fish and hand you the rod. Don't go trolling, go mooching with Keith! The guy knows salmon like nobody else. Plus he's funny as hell.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Few guys in the Puget Sound area know mooching as well as Capt. Keith. In a land of troll fishermen people tend to look at moochers as fishermen of a bygone era. Capt. Keith proves that it's not only productive but an exhilarating way to fish when you feel the fish take your bait. Keith has the temperament to make a day on the water enjoyable for the first timer or seasoned fisherman. I'm a regular fisherman and every time I fish with Keith I still learn new things. He's got the perfect boat for the job that's always clean and comfortable along with top-of-the-line rods, reels, & tackle.

2  Thank BryceMo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Capt Keith knows salmon fishing in Puget Sound. His boat and tackle are in top notch shape. He knows where to fish and when. I stayed busy all day learning his technique of fishing called mooching. I caught lots of salmon and he set me up with a company that packaged my catch and sent it home.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Friday July 26th 2013.

After a long absence from salmon fishing in Seattle my need to fight a Chinook had to be satisfied. We asked around and decided on Spot Tail Salmon Guide and Capt. Keith Robbins. Les and I have some experience but haven't fished in years Pat is (was) a beginner.

Capt. Keith picked us up on time at the Shilshole dock in his beautiful Grady White center console boat. We went through introductions and after taking care of licenses and a quick briefing we were on our way. A short run later we stopped for a lesson on Mooching Capt. Keith style. We wrapped up the lesson then it was on to "the spot" where Capt. Keith expected good fishing.

The "Spot" was inspiring, Mt. Baker to the north, Mt. Rainier to the south, Olympics to the west and the Cascades to east. It could not have been more beautiful.

Minutes after our arrival we got our first bite. It turned out to be the big fish of the day at 21 pounds. During the remainder of the trip it was non stop action catching Chinook and Coho's. We decided to target Chinook exclusively and released at least a dozen Coho's during our quest to "limit out" on Chinook. Final score was 5, one short of the limit.

All in all the trip couldn't have been better. Capt. Keith knows his business, has great equipment and sent us home with smiles and a cooler full of Chinook fillets. 5 stars

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Captain Keith is the man! Great guy, lots of experience...and knows the region well. The equipment was very good, the boat was clean and he was attentive/helpful. My sons and I had a great trip and highly recommend him to others!