“A perfect afternoon on the water!”
Review of Let's Go Sailing

Let's Go Sailing
SoCal
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A perfect afternoon on the water!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my second excursion with this company and it was just as wonderful the second time around. Booking is super easy and the sail is lovely. We had great sightseeing around the Seattle skyline. Being from out of town I can't describe the exact route, but I felt we saw a lot more of the sound this time than on my first trip. The crew are very professional (though we were really surprised that the captain is a college student -- so young!) and did a great job. This isn't a guided sightseeing tour with a running travelogue, but a nice, pleasant, relaxing sail. We enjoyed a lovely, sunny afternoon with light winds just sufficient to take us on a nice circuit around the sound. Highly recommended! Great price for a 90 minute sail. (The restaurant next door was very accommodating regarding use of their restroom, as there are no facilities on the dock for sailing customers.)

Jenks, OK
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“What better way to see the Seattle Skyline?”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a perfect day going and what better way to spend a couple hours than on a sailboat. The price was very reasonable. The boat was in great shape and safe. The two hands running the boat were great and friendly. I think they could have told us about the city and point out various buildings, etc. to add a little education. The trip was just a very relaxing sail and we had some fun people on the boat with us that kept it interesting. I would definitely go again but would bring a bottle of wine and maybe some cheese and cracker. If you have a couple hours this is the thing to do.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This was fun”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've never been on a sailboat before so I couldn't pass up this opportunity. The two-man crew were attentive when asked questions but also left passengers alone if desired. We took the 2.5 hour sunset cruise. It was beautiful sailing out but it got real cold on the way in -- they gave us a blanket but even with that and our jackets and hoods, yikes it was cold. I'd recommend daytime unless you really bundle up and go when there are less people. The sailboat holds 44 -- we had 24 and while we weren't crowded I would have preferred less on board so you could move around more.

North Richland Hills, Texas
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I have been wanting to do a sailing sight seeing trip and it was AWESOME! The only problem, it only last an 1 1/2 hours. I could have spent all say on here. The crew was great and we had lots of fun. A must!!!

Visited August 2013
Seattle, Washington
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Chill way to see Seattle from the water”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a great laid back way to see Seattle from the water. It is more of a "sailboat ride" than "going sailing" as all you do is sit there and relax. We brought dinner (pizza and beer) on board with us for the sunset cruise. We chatted a bit with the crew and other passengers, and mostly just relaxed and watched the water and sights.

The boat will heel over significantly when you are on a beam reach. This means you will have to lean forward or back depending on which side of the boat you are on. This can be a good abdominial workout, but if you have balance issues, realize this may not be the cruise for you. Also, it will be cold. The air temp was 75 the evening we went. We both wore jeans and a fleece, and were cool but not cold. Bring appropriate clothing.

I got a living social deal that made this half price ($50 for two of us) and it was well worth that. I'm not sure how I would have felt at full price. I might choose a different seat next time-- if you sit in front of the mast your trip will be wetter and bouncy-er, but your views will be better as well.

There is nothing for purchase on the boat, so bring food, drinks and a camera with you.

Visited August 2013

Been to Let's Go Sailing? Share your experiences!