“Seattle”
Review of Hotel Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Hotel Hotel
Las Vegas, NV
“Seattle”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Place is incredibly clean. Staff is incredible. Pub below can get loud, but what can you expect, it's an Irish pub! Steve helped me get a flat rate cab early morning to Seatac. Breakfast is served but it is very minimal. There are many places close by to get food.

Room Tip: They have private rooms and mixed rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

First time staying in Fremont, and what a score! Went with my best friend, and we reserved a private room with two twin beds. For 3 nights we paid $120 each. Couldn't find another place for that price from what I searched. It's only been there for 2 years, and judging by the building it is a renovated old hotel. VERY clean bathrooms, and interesting / clean cut decor. Building is extremely secure, so if you are travelling alone you don't have to worry about strangers wandering around. Staff are on hand 24 hrs and friendly.

There is a common room with TV, free wi-fi, kitchen with all the gadgets you could need, and a bar just a stumble away from the main entrance. I agree with the other review about bringing ear plugs. I am a light sleeper, and even with them in, you can hear party-goers just outside. Meh, if I had to stay anywhere in the Fremont area again I would 100% choose this hostel again! Great bagain.

Room Tip: Ear plugs , and getting a private room would be my recommendations.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
midwest
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hotel Hotel is located in the Fremont neighborhood. It's near a bus stop, so traveling without a car is entirely possible. It's also within walking distance to the Fremont Troll, the Burke-Gilman Trail, Gas Works Park, a library, and plenty of bars, restaurants, and stores. I stayed in the female-only dorm for most of my visit, which was a great deal. The staff were friendly and helpful, the dorms and shared bathrooms were clean, and having access to a full-service kitchen was a nice feature (Tip: make sure you CLEARLY label your food in the shared fridge so it doesn't get eaten or pitched.) It is above a bar, so if you're a light sleeper you will definitely need a pair of ear plugs. As a solo female traveler I never once felt unsafe. I also liked this place because the guests vary in age and nationality. Initially I was nervous about staying at a hostel but my fears were allayed the moment I arrived.

Room Tip: When making reservations ask if you can get a dorm or room furthest away from the bar. Bring earplug...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank travelbrarian
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This was literally the best and most positive hotel stay I've ever experienced. The location was perfect-dozens of restaurants, bars, coffee shops and stores (even a spa) within EASY walking distance, plus a bus stop just a block away that will get you anywhere else in the city. All public areas as well as my room were spotlessly cleaned, well maintained and the whole property just seems loved by both the owner and entire staff. The staff was fantastic. They were always ready and able to weigh in on what restaurants were their favorites and why, what to do and how much it costs, and how to get anywhere in town. They were genuinely interested in me and my trip and always willing to help. On one occasion one of the desk attendants ran outside and down the street to help me find parking when I was especially frazzled after a long day and didnt know where to park (be warned there is very, very little public parking in Fremont, even if you're willing to pay). The price was perfect. So many hotels throw in tons of extra amenities (90% of which you wont touch) that they then use as an excuse to charge more. Not Hotel Hotel. They give you the bare minimum, BUT what they do give you is high quality. My bed, pillows, blanket, comforter, etc, were plain and simple but not "cheap". Furniture was from IKEA, no frills but sturdy and good quality. Mattress and pillows were super comfy. The hotel was quiet. I heard very little noise from the other guests. There was some street noise, but I'm a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me at all; if I had to guess I'd say it gets noisier on the summer (both in the hostel and on the street outside). Most of the other guests were my age, somewhere in their mid- to late 20s. I chose to stay in a private room, shared bath, and never felt uncomfortable or crowded. My room was a haven of privacy and I didn't have to talk to anyone else unless I wanted to: a far cry from the noisy youth hostels I remembered from my trips to Europe as a teen.
The bathrooms were also very simple, but very clean. Water was always very warm (never hot, but never turned cold on me either). Bottom line? THIS IS WHAT ALL HOTELS SHOULD BE LIKE!

• Stayed November 2012
Carrboro, North Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a relatively new hostel that is located on the top floor between Bluebird Ice Cream and the Dubliner Irish Bar. I think it took about 10 minutes to get there on the #26 or #28 bus from downtown Seattle going North to Fremont along 3rd Avenue. Be sure to get off at the Fremont Ave N and N 34th St stop. Then all you have to do is cross the street and walk up 1 block. The furnishings/decoration have a bit of a modern appeal. Staff changed frequently but everyone was very friendly and helpful. Full kitchen to cook your own food if you so desire. But why would you want to with all the delicious restaurant offerings and the wonderful PCC Natural market just down the street, where everything is organic, local, free range meat, and striving to be completely non-GMO? Everything in the hostel was spotless. There is a TV room. Free breakfast. Bikes were advertised as being available for rent but none were not available when I was there. Like most hostels I'm familiar with the security was very high. You have to have a key card to get in the building and then you have to show it when you enter. Once in the building, there are several steps going up to the hostel so if you have lots of bags, this is not the place to stay. Did not see an elevator. Great location, just blocks from the famous Fremont Troll, an engineering center of Google, Fremont campus of Adobe Systems, seven foot tall bronze Lenin Statue, Cold War Era Rocket, Burke Gilman Trail, Interurban Sculpture (interactive), outdoor movie theatre (just bring your chair), Nectar Lounge (live music), and the absolutely scrumptuous Theo Chocolate. Stayed in a quad with three other travelers. Always travel with my earplugs and sleep mask which came in handy. My roomates were quiet and thank goodness I did not nave on snorer!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo