“Great food”

Portage Bay Cafe
Ranked #94 of 4,395 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Portage Bay Cafe is a Seattle restaurant serving 100% breakfast, brunch and lunch 7 days a week. Eat like you give a damn! is our motto. Locally sourced, organic food items. We offer catering options including private dining, corporate events, private parties, weddings and box lunches.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Call for reservations otherwise expect a wait of 20-30 minutes. I ordered the Swedish pancakes and they were delicious. I went to the breakfast bar and topped the pancakes off with fresh strawberries,blueberries.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Strong good coffee, amazing berries and french toast. Make space for a good breakfast, everything is excellent here including the staff. Quiet breakfast in the middle of Seattle. Wow.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Crowded restaurant with breakfast-lunch menu of various types of delicious French Toast and Pancakes. I had homemade oatmeal and Swedish Pancakes. A little slow on the service due to the crowded restaurant. Great value. Highly recommended! $23 + tip.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I found this place when I was looking for somewhere that would let me dine with friends and bring my puppy, PBC has an outdoor seating area that allows well behaved dogs. If you're against dining with dogs, no worries, you can dine inside. The outdoor setting is valid in winter, they tent it so it's still pet friendly.

Now to the important stuff, breakfasts are fabulous and service is great. I'd happily dine here even without my dog. If you're meeting friends for brunch, would definitely recommend PBC. There's off street parking (free) so you don't have to worry about that hassle.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Been to this favorite eatery many times. It is conveniently located next to University Inn. Parking lot shared. We walked in and were seated quickly. Service was good. We ordered the Oatmeal Cobbler French Toast, Phil's Breakfast (3 eggs, meat and toast), and the Prosciutto/Veggie Fritatta. The French Toast was light with a crunchy oatmeal crust and came with the Breakfast Bar of delicious fresh berries. The Phil's breakfast was hearty and the organic chicken sausage was delicious. My favorite was the Prosciutto/Vegetable Fritatta. It was like a thin omelette with fresh snap peas inside. Lots of fruits served on the platter. If you have time after your meal, walk next door to their "egg farm". They sell fresh eggs there. We saw a steady stream of people go there from our hotel window.