“Fun view of the city!”

and up
Private Sailing Adventure on the Puget Sound
Ranked #30 of 461 things to do in Seattle
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Despite the drizzling rain, riding the great wheel was a fun point in our family trip around Seattle. Very similar to the Navy Pier Wheel, the ride went slowly enough to really enjoy the view. We had no issues seeing out, especially on the side of the gondola opposite the rainfall. The staff was fun and our pictures turned out funny keepers. I will probably go again if I'm back when it's sunny.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,409)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Tickets were pricey. Girl at ticket booth was rude when I asked about AAA or UW Alumni discount. Views were good but I personally like the Space Needle better.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

In a city where it rains most of the time, you'd think that an attraction where you need to look through a glass enclosure would be better equipped to deal with weather. Like cars, in order to see out a window in wet weather, you need climate control - a 'defrost' option. It's bad enough that you cannot see out the windows as well because of the raindrops on the windows, but when the windows start to fog up, you cannot see anything at all unless you wipe it down yourself.

I realize that climate control costs money, but if they weren't planning to make this an attraction for all weather conditions, then why not make it partially open or ventilated somehow?

Regardless of this MAJOR flaw, we still had fun and still got to see out the windows, for the most part.

This is NOT an attraction for views. This is a ride. It was $50+ for a family of four. It will cost more if you buy the souvenir photo that they make you take before you get on. Cash grab, as usual.

It was totally dead when we went, of course, so they gave us an extra ride around. I think I would've been mad if they hadn't - especially since when it's busier, you get more time on the ride. As it was, the ride only lasted about 5 mins.

It's a nice area to visit along the waterfront - and I think everyone should do this once just to have a look and to support the wonderful tourism that Seattle has to offer. I really do hope that they improve this attraction to deal with all weather conditions, though. That would make it soooo much better!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We have 3 small kids, and they all liked the idea on going on this for a ride. My only quip would be that it should rotate for more than 3 times for the price of admission... especially since it was not busy the day we went... was too short of an experience, but well worth it anyway!

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I rode for the novelty of things. nice great view of the waterfront and surroundings. Very nice a great night view of the city lights.