“Pilot Brandon - nice smooth ride. Affordable”

Helicopters Northwest
Ranked #70 of 159 Tours in Seattle
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We took the longer ride (40 minutes) and had a really nice time. It was smooth and not scary at all. Our pilot was very knowledgeable of the area. Such a cool thing to do when visiting Seattle. We flew over the start of a Mariners game, saw Microsoft, the falls, the needle, the city, ballard locks, etc. etc. Good price after comparing a couple different companies and special offers.

2  Thank Doug P

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We live here in the Seattle area and are very familiar with area but seeing it from a helicopter just a few hundred feet off the ground puts everything into a whole different perspective – literally! It was great fun! We bought the helicopter flight to do something special with our grandson. We let him sit in the front seat but even the back seat has good views. As soon as we landed I wanted to go do it again. I might put this on my birthday list.

We signed up for a 30 minute flight. While rather short time-wise we got to see a great deal - Lake Washington, The floating bridges, University of Washington, Woodland Park Zoo, Magnolia, Ship canal, Lake Union, Seattle waterfront, the Spaceneedle, Safeco and Quest Fields, before returning to the King County Airport (aka Boeing Field). Our pilot (Barry) provided a very interesting dialog as we flew over the sights pointing out little details and people’s homes.

We bought our flight as part of a Groupon deal but even their normal rates are affordable.

1  Thank compassNSEW
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I went on my first ever helicopter ride today with Helicopters Northwest. It was a beautiful, clear, sunny day. Perfect for this adventure. I wholeheartedly recommend doing this! The only drawback was, it wasn't a long enough ride!! Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of our pilot (I'm so bad with names!), but he had a lovely British accent!! I'm a local, but it was still fun to see Seattle from above. The ride was about 20 minutes. It was a birthday gift from my brother and sister-in-law, who also went along. Be sure to take your camera/video camera. I'd go again in a heartbeat!!!

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We bought the groupon and went to their one hour instructor tour. The coach was really nice and introduced the R22 to us. After the 30 min ground instructions, we went to the sky for 30 min. The coach let me control the helicopter flying over the highway. It was really awesome like actually piloting a real helicopter. There are many deals available for this conapny. Go check it out. And it's really fun.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We bought living social deal and upgraded to the 40 minute flight. Adam was our pilot and we were lucky the weather cleared up. It was a nice tour and interesting to see the sights from above, We are locals and would recommend to locals and tourists alike.