“Pizza doesn't suck on the West Coast”
Review of Serious Pie

Serious Pie
Ranked #195 of 4,168 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is the second Serious Pie, pizza restaurant opened by chef Tom Douglas
Frederick, md
“Pizza doesn't suck on the West Coast”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

At least not the pizza at Serious Pie. I am in Seattle for a week with my wife visiting my youngest brother and I have gotten a crash course in Tom Douglas restaurants. This has been my favorite. The prosciutto and soft egg pizza with arugula is something I will have dreams about when I'm back east and we do pizza really well back home so that is a huge compliment. My wife got the sausage and peppers pizza which was also excellent.

Austin
“YUM!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We tried to go to the Virginia street location of Serious Pie and there was a crazy line (I think they told us around 2 hours?), so instead, the next day we tried the Westlake Serious Pie. Total win: No line - and AMAZING pizza. We tried the potato pizza (yes, potato) and a special ham and egg pizza - both awesome but the potato wins my vote. They also had an Impressive beer selection. Good service and cool atmosphere. I only wish the biscuit part of the restaurant had been open when we went - I would love to have tried some savory biscuits too!

• Visited May 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“great food & wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a late lunch at Serious Pie & Biscuit during our recent visit to Seattle. My husband ordered a pizza, which he loved. I am a sucker for a good biscuit, so I ordered a biscuit and the soup of the day. The delicious soup was a cold cauliflower and buttermilk and the biscuit was large and amazing. One of the best parts was eating on the second floor where we could look down on the kitchen where they make bread and pastries for all of the Tom Douglas restaurants.

• Visited July 2014
Union City, New Jersey, United States
“That's a good a pizza pie”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Very good pizza, especially the crust, though technically more of a flatbread than a pizza pie. The fennel sausage was excellent and though a bit small, sized for a single person, filled me up nicely. The beer selection was fantastic and had a wide range. Service was prompt and very friendly. Nice relaxed atmosphere as well.

Seattle, Washington
“Run, don't walk here.”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

How had I not been to even one of Tom Douglas' restaurants in 25 years? This place is the bomb. Since there are no reservations, we managed to eke in just before a rush on a recent Saturday morning. We were seated at a communal table upstairs which is really a loft that overlooks the bakery for all of Tom's restaurants. It was great fun to watch everyone at work, creating delicious treats. There were bakers cutting up boxes of fresh apricots, scooping bowls of pecans into pie shells, and scooping batter into cupcake pans. Our meals were yummy. Most of us had biscuit breakfasts, and they were satisfying and creative. From the 4th of July special of blueberries, strawberries and mascarpone to the egg, bacon and fried green tomatoes, every meal was delicious. We will absolutely dine here again. The location is great, although I'm sure there are times when parking can be a challenge. Bon appetite.

• Visited July 2014

Been to Serious Pie? Share your experiences!