“Biscuits ta die for.”

Serious Pie
Ranked #215 of 4,199 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is the second Serious Pie, pizza restaurant opened by chef Tom Douglas
Reviewed October 27, 2013

What an awesome place for Sunday breakfast/brunch. After reading the reviews here, I wish I had gone back for a pizza, but I can't complain at all with the great biscuits meal I had.

I had to wait about 15-20 min. for my seat (a party of 1), but that was partly because the upstairs hostess-type person and the downstairs person near the door were not communicating very well. I kept seeing big parties of people leaving and it seemed like it took them a long time to re-seat those table. (Note to managment - small handheld walkie talkies for you hostesses - consider it!)

Anyway, when I finally was seated (long communal-type tables), my waitress was awesome. I ordered off the build your own menu and got a biscuit with a fennel sausage patty (wonderful), a soft cooked egg (cooked perfectly), and the tabasco pepper gravy (outstanding). It was messy and so wonderful.

Seating is available on a first come first served basis downstairs but I like sitting upstairs. There was a cool lookout where you could look down on the kitchen area and watch them prepare the biscuits and the pizza dough. Next time I'm in town, I'm going back for pizza.

It was a really good meal, unique, and worth the wait.

1  Thank blueiii
There are newer reviews for Serious Pie

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Visited Serious Pie for the first time for lunch and was surprised that a lunch time pizza was $16+. Atmosphere was casual, communal-type dining, meaning there were rows of long, tall tables and you share space with others. The place was busy but we were seated right away.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went here with 2 customers. I was concerned that they did not take reservations - however we got there at 5;45 and we got a table no problem (there were probaly 4 other tables available). When we left there were may people waiting. There was a happy hour that ended at 6 - and the service staff kept us aware of this. We did not take advantage of the happy hour but it was a good deal ($6 for half size pizzas and beer/wine on happy hour). Our meal was a bit pricey ($145 with tip for 3 pizzas, a $48 bottle of wine and a charcuterie appetizer). We did have a few slices to ake home. Service was very good. Even though there was a line of diners waiting when we left but we were not rushed out of the restaurant. We had a fennel sausage pizza (herbal and salty - yummy), soft egg and arugula pizza (good IF you got a slice with the egg on it), and a creamy mushroom pizza. The pizza was thin, crisp, hot - so yummy. Parking can be a challenge - we were lucky to find street metered parking (monitored until 6 p.m.). I would definatly returen.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Now days, the south lake union area is one of the hot place in Seattle. And happily, the serious pie opened second restaurant in this area. Love their various pizzas and appetizers. You must visit this place when you are in Seattle. Thank you, Tom Douglas :)

Reviewed October 15, 2013

After hearing about all the great PR on this place I finally went there for the first time and ordered their chicken and biscuits to go. I leave the joint and arrive at my office and find out they forgot to add the chicken : (. I called the store, they refunded my money and asked me to come in and ask for the manager the next time I was in and explain what had happened. I did and they comp'd me my purchase. I was sold after that! Great customer service and the food was DELICIOUS. They have 2 locations in downtown Seattle and both are always packed. Great breakfast options and nice lunch options. I highly recommend the chicken and biscuits : )