“Unique and thin crust pizzas. Good stop.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #125 of 3,900 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is the second Serious Pie, pizza restaurant opened by chef Tom Douglas
San Jose, California
“Unique and thin crust pizzas. Good stop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

For the San Jose/SF Bay Area folks, this is your Pizza Antica. It's your thin crust with burnt sides cooked in a brick oven.

I chose to eat here on a Sunday to avoid the crowds since I heard the wait can get ridiculously long. A little after 1PM and there was hardly anyone inside. Probably due to the weather as well. I was walking there in the rain and just praying that if there was a line, no one would have an umbrella and they would just all leave!

Ordered their sweet fennel sausage pizza with roasted peppers and provolone which was packed with flavor. I love the thin crunchy crust. Asked if they could do a half & half pizza but was unsucessful. However, I wished I tried something that wasn't so neutral. They have pizza's with Yukon potatoes, truffle cheese, clams and etc.

TIPS:
- They only sell by the pie (whole pizza) that's good enough for 2 people. It's about 4-5 small slices each. I think happy hour has mini-pies.

I'm just happy I have something very similar to Serious Pie back home.

Visited May 2013

Silverdale, Washington
“A bit expensive but very innovative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Interesting lively place with good food. We split a kale salad. Very good and we felt good for getting our greens in. I ordered the special pizza for the night and my friend ordered roasted seasonal mushrooms, truffle cheese pizza. She had it once before and has been craving it several times. We each had a drink (medicore selection and medicore drink), shared a salad and shared two pizzas. No leftovers. A bit on the expensive side for pizza. Left contentendly satiated. Would definitely go again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Serious Biscuit - good but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Serious Biscuit - no signage - inside Serious Pie on Westlake. Had the "Zach"- biscuit sandwich with Fried Chicken, Bacon, Egg, and Gravy. Biscuit was good, chicken heavy on he batter and overlooked. Gravy is spiced with Tabasco - heat is fine, but has too much of the vinegar taste of Tabasco that comes through. Sat upstairs - nice comfy environment and Service was exceptional. It is not up to par with Pine State Biscuit in Portland which it appears they tried to copy. Good for a visit if you are in he neighborhood, but would not go out of my way.

• Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Average Pizza/Long Wait!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Who waits outside in the cold for an hour for mediocre pizza? Plenty according to the hostess that looked at me like I was expecting just way too much when I asked for a table. An arrogant reply of the hour wait seemed assumed like we'd all signed an agreement that Tom Douglas demands it! On a later visit when the line was more manageable we found the pizza boring and ordinary in every way. Don't bother...and definitely DON'T wait in line!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Moscow, Idaho, USA!
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Last year I vivited S.P. on Virginia, this year we walked an extra mile towards South Lake Union to avoid the tourist crowd. No luck! 45 minute wait at 11:30 am on a Saturday morning! The wait was worth it, great pizza, beer and service.

• Visited February 2013