“Fabulous food and a true dining experience!”
Review of Altura Restaurant

Altura Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Altura Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: BROADWAY E & ROY ST
Transit: Stops for bus lines 9, 49 and 60 within one block.
Description: Altura restaurant applies the focus of ingredient-driven Italian cooking to the natural bounty of the Pacific Northwest. Our chefs work tirelessly each day to highlight the most exciting seasonal products. Chef Nathan Lockwood's tasting menu is at the heart of the Altura approach to dining. With a focus on wild foraged products, pristine Puget Sound seafood and locally raised heirloom meats and vegetables, our tasting menu exemplifies who we are. Expect to spend between two and three hours enjoying ten to fifteen courses of our most inspired dishes. For a less structured approach, diners are welcome to design their own experience by choosing three or more courses from our traditional menu. Our team of Sommeliers is always on hand to design a unique flight of paired wines or help you find the perfect bottle to highlight your experience. We invite you to join us on Capitol Hill to celebrate seasonal cuisine, exceptional wine and gracious service.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We went to Altura after a long day of traveling. The staff was super-attentive, made great suggestions and guided us through this incredible dining experience. Though we are not people who typically dine at the bar, this only enhanced our experience as we interacted with the chefs and watche the preparation and presentation of their inventive dishes. Everything was given great attention to detail with very unique ingredients. Bravo to everyone at Altura! A winning experience from beginning to end.

1  Thank grabo

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had read the great reviews and was expecting a meal and accompanying service that would knock my socks off. After dining at Altura, my socks were still firmly on my feet. It was maybe the third or fourth best meal that we had in Seattle -- and one of the most expensive. Don't get me wrong -- the food was good -- but it really wasn't much more than that. It seemed to me that they were trying too hard to produce unusual combinations of flavors and ingredients -- and some of them just didn't work all that well. There are restaurants that can pull that off with consistency, but Altura isn't one of them. The service was slow and at one point our server just disappeared for almost a half hour. This is a small place and vanishing for a half hour is not an easy thing to do -- but it happened. In addition, there was an air of pretentious behavior and arrogance with some of the staff that was troubling. Perhaps it is a product of success and working at a restaurant that is difficult to get into, but it wasn't appealing.

The Capitol Hill area is pretty funky. If you are tempted to take a leisurely stroll after dinner, this may not be the place for you unless you have multiple body piercings. And if you are over 35, you raise the average age by quite a bit.

6  Thank wirepaladin08
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Sometimes you just need to be a tourist in your own city. We were treated to the most amazing dining experience. We sat close to the chefs and it was a delight to watch the care and craftsmanship put into the preparation of our food. Each presentation wasn't just a course-it was a work of art! The small bites were huge bursts of amazing flavor. We have dined at other fine restaurants, but this really was an exceptional experience. The pace was nice-not too rushed, not too slow. The atmosphere is unpretentious and we really felt at ease to just enjoy ourselves and delight in the masterpieces being presented to us. We will return, if we can get reservations!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My only regret about Altura Restaurant is that I live hundreds of miles away and can't get there more often. It was my second time at this gem of a restaurant and I was a little worried that my first experience was something that I had idealized in my mind. Not to worry. In a totally unpretentious, comfortable way, Nathan Lockwood and his staff provide such an incredible dining experience for their guests, The food could not be more beautiful, innovative, carefully orchestrated or most importantly, delicious. There is something so special about Altura. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was treated to dinner here for birthday and although there was nothing to fault i the menu, the food, or the service, it just wasn't the life-changing experience I had been led to expect from other reviews. There just wasn't anything to make me want to return, but based on their consistently good ratings I may have to give them another try.

2  Thank Lisa B