Chihuly Garden and Glass
$39.00*
Show Me Seattle -90 Minute City Tour
Ranked #1 of 461 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of Seattle, Chihuly Garden and Glass provides a look at the inspiration and influences that inform the career of artist Dale Chihuly. Through the exhibition’s eight interior galleries, lush outdoor garden and centerpiece Glasshouse visitors will experience a comprehensive look at Chihuly's most significant series of work. With both day and night experiences, and full-service dining in the adjoining Collections Café, this long-term exhibition offers a unique experience rain or shine.
Reviewed June 5, 2012

There aren't enough superlatives in the English language to adequately praise Dale Chihuly's brand new museum and garden. It isn't possible to do justice to the intense colors and complex shapes and combinations of Chihuly's works.Seeing the creativity and beauty on display is an opportunity not to be missed. This was definitely the high point of our recent visit to Seattle. We liked it so much that we went back to the beginning to see it all again; we didn't want it to end.

Write a ReviewReviews (18,961)

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I visited the Chihuly Garden & Glass the opening weekend and it was stunning as you would expect... There are several public Chihuly installations in the Seattle/Tacoma area, but nothing compares to this permanent exhibition space! He has created separate environments to showcase his masterpieces. The outdoor garden & conservatory are my personal favorites.

You can purchase a 24 hour "return" ticket for a little extra and have the opportunity to view the exhibition in a different light (i.e. the garden at night.)

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the gift shop has lots of artsy things to buy, including Chihuly's studio glass & art posters. Theres an on-site professional photographer to take pictures of guests -for free, which is a really cool feature.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Love the museum. One warning, once you leave the gallery to go to the garden or store, you can't go back. After spending $19 per person for a family of 4, this seems harsh. Especially since no one warned us about this as we entered, or left each stage of the exhibit. The exhibit itself is breathtaking. My teens think it is the best art exhibit they have ever seen.

3  Thank kumar0929
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Remarkable use of colors & shapes takes glass to a whole new level. One display makes you feel like you are in an undersea garden. Another display uses southwestern motifs & colors to create beautiful glass baskets. Indoor & outdoor settings. Dreamlike, candy-like, imaginative--all ages ought to love this, and want to return. Tucked under the Space Needle, it's a must-see art museum. An exceptional addition to Seattle.

1  Thank Luisa36
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I'm a Seattle native. When a friend was able to get me into the preview of the space I was prepared to not like it at all. Boy was I surprised!!! I was enchanted with each room and felt like I understood Chihuly's inspirations for his work much better.

The way the pieces are displayed actually make you feel like you are a part of each display due to the black plexi presentation that reflects the glass so beautifully! I thought I was finished when I exited the last room but then I walked out into the very tall glass atrium and that's where the real fun begins. The wonderful orange flower-like glass suspended from the top allowing you to see through to the space needle and the glass garden are wonderful to walk through and experience!

The restaurant wasn't serving yet so we were able to walk around freely and look at all the different collections at each table, What fun and the menu looked very tempting. I'm going back for my Birthday dinner!!!

Although smaller, I think it's much more interesting then the Olympic Sculpture Park on the waterfront. A great addition to Seattle's visual art scene. I plan on making many trips there.

3  Thank MaritaJohnsIsland