“Conveniently Located, Beautiful, and Friendly”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wailuku
“Conveniently Located, Beautiful, and Friendly”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We arrived at the Fairmont at about midnight. Although there was no one at the front doors, we found our way into the hotel. This is the first hotel that I've been in that you need to go up a short escalator before you get to the front desk. Luckily we didn't have that much luggage so we took our bags with us. The man at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. And he remained that way throughout our stay.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The interior of the hotel was very ornate and warm and welcoming. I also saw a couple of people with dogs, so I'm assuming that it is a pet friendly hotel. We had breakfast at the Georgian (I think that's what it was called) almost every morning. The staff there was also very friendly and focused.

They have a heated indoor pool, which unfortunately, I didn't get to use. Also, they have a nice spa area. Pikes Market is about four blocks away. Westlake Mall is about four blocks away too. There's a Borders and a Sephora about two blocks away.

The area around the hotel seemed safe. We walked around a lot both during the day and during the evening. We didn't feel uneasy or nervous at all walking around at night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristol
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I really don't want to put this hotel down because it is an excellent hotel, but I think I was hoping for a bit more from our stay. The main foyer and reception area is really nice and all the staff were very friendly. I did get the impression that the vast majority of people staying here were on business trips rather than pleasure, I'm not sure if this took a bit of charm away from the atmosphere.

I think my main disappointment was probably with the view from our room. We were staying here on our honeymoon so I was hoping that we might have had a nice view across the city or something but we ended up on the second floor with the view of a wall. Literally 10 feet away from both of our windows was another wall. If you crouched down and looked right up you could just see the sky but it made the room very dark - even when we had really sunny days. It was also quite noisy, mainly from street noise. I know we were staying in a busy city but I don't think being on the 2nd floor really helps you to get away from the noise of the traffic.

Like I said at the beginning, this is a very nice hotel and is worth a visit but I would recommend you try to get a room on one of the upper floors if you can. About a week earlier we had spent a night about 6 blocks away in the Warwick. While this wasn't quite as prestigious, I was really pleased with the Warwick, so I don't think this helped my opinion for the 5 star Fairmont.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrisHappyChappy
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2010

This hotel is very nice. Located right in the heart of downtown Seattle, it has unique history and charm that is hard to find these days. The service was some of the best I've ever had anywhere. From the moment you pull into the beautiful entryway to the time you leave, the staff is there to handle your every need. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010
Luton
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We spent nearly a week at this hotel. Our room was very comfortable and with almost everything we needed - some means of making hot drinks would have been welcome. The Hotel has two restaurants and a Bistro style French cafe. The food was excellent and the service was very good. The Hotel is in a central position, handy for Amtrak, the buses and with a flat rate of $32 for a taxi to the airport. We left our computer off as we felt the charge for Wifi was excessive. However, if I go back to Seattle, I would probably choose the same hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My husband and I travel to Seattle at least twice a year. My husband's son has lived there, with his wife (and their soon to be born little baby daughter) for well over 10 years. We have stayed at many hotels over the years, but the Fairmont Olympic outshines them all. The service, the decor, the restaurants, the rooms, and the staff are wonderful. Last time we stayed, it was our son's wedding, and we had the Grandkids for one evening, (4 of them, from Don's Daughter and son-in-law) and they could not have been more helpful to us. We tooks the kids to their lovely indoor pool, and the kids had a ball. We served the kids dinner at the pool, and we made quite a mess, but the staff came and cleaned it all up, no worries. They have good kid's choice movies on the telly, and so we were able to start a movie and keep the kids occupied until their parents picked them up. The suites are lovely, and comfortable, with lovely, big bathrooms, great massaging shower heads, and the beds are comfortable and luxurious, offering a great nights sleep! The SPA is lovely, and we have enjoyed massages there, too. Shuckers offers that fantastic Seattle seafood in a clubby, old-Seattle atmosphere with yummy preparations, and there are plenty of kids choices on the menu. The lovely bar in the lobby is so classic, and serve wonderful drinks in an old-world style, that we really appreciate. The Georgian is GORGEOUS, and the food is wonderful. Don't be intimidated by the grand decor, and give it a try. We love it there and this is where they serve their wonderful breakfasts. I feel like a Queen when I am dining there! Their location is great, not too far from the Public Market and the downtown restaurants, shopping and the amazing Seattle Aquarium. They are also around the corner from Benaroya Hall and many Art Museums, for a little culture. Whenever we visit Seattle, it's the Fairmont Olympic for us!

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SisterMoon_8
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2010

What can I say, but almost perfect. I stayed here with a mate while we did the Boeing tour. I didn’t expect anything as good as the Fairmont Quebec, but the staff and quality of hotel was brilliant. Compare this hotel quality to the Roosevelt that i stayed at in Hollywood which is more expensive, there is no comparison. The Fairmont hotels in my opinion are 5 star world class. Tip: for gents when staying at a Fairmont hotel and dining in a restaurant...take a dinner shirt otherwise you will stand out like a sore thumb, luckily I had one. “The Georgian” restaurant in this hotel was exceptional. From the greeting at the door by name on arrival to check out, this hotel is great. The hotel courtesy car privilege was a bonus treat.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Matty
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Wonderful hotel. Built in the twenties and the lobby and Georgian Room (breakfast and dinner eating room) are very much of that era. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms are reminiscent of the fifties but are in top condition and have modern facilities. Expensive place to stay but it is a 5 star hotel after all.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends