“Simply the best”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dublin, Ireland
“Simply the best”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed at the Fairmont for 4 days in early June.This hotel has a real comfortable feel about it and I think that a good part of this is the attitude of all the staff .Everyone who works here seems genuine in their efforts to be helpful and friendly .The lobby is real old world ,charming with an open airy feel about it.. .The rooms are very good as one would expect.The beds are particular comfortable.The hotel is in a very central location and its possible to walk to most places of interest.We dined in Shuckers one evening it was packed and informal none the less we had a very nice meal with good service despite the fact that the place was full. The lobby is a very nice place to have a drink,great service and a very very relaxing atmoshpere.We dined in the Georgian room one evening and the meal and attedtion to detail was very good This restaurant is expensive and has a somewhat limited menu but its verygood overall.We used the fitness centre and its top notch ,very well looked after and the changing rooms are impeccable and fitted out to a really high standard.I would not even look at another hotel if I was visiting Seattle again ---Well done.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
denmark
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

After arriving from Europe after 18 hours journey this hotel hit the spot - simply comfortable, with facilities we wanted. Super location for wife and daughter (shopping). Personnel were very service-minded. With 2 teenage kids in tow, there was plenty of space in the room, daughter especially appreciating the lighting around the bathroom mirrors for make-up!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel is wonderful except for the beds. We are in the Executive Suite on the 11th floor.
We had an issue with our AC the first night and it was fixed promptly.
The room is spacious and well appointed,
You can hear the street traffic below.

I would have given the property a higher rating except for the beds, My boyfriend and I are sleeping in "sink holes" in each side of the mattress.
I love the charm of this hotel but I need to SLEEP!
We will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lori W
Seattle, Wa
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night here for an anniversary overnight in downtown. We are from the North end, so enjoy coming to downtown for a night every once in a while. This property has always been on our list to try and it did not disappoint. Here is the break down of the mostly good!
The good:
Reservations were more professional than I have ever experience. My name was used, and was asked if I had a preference in room or if it was a special occasion.

The People that work here truly provide first class service. Again, names used, doors opened, greetings by each employee. Outstanding service.

The Hotel is classic and in great shape. The lobby is beautiful as are the other common areas.

We used the Pool and fitness center and it was in great shape. Not too often anymore are pools and fitness centers staffed by an employee...This one is. Hot Tub was huge and "HOT" and the pool was not "too cool" as often is the case. Great facility.

We ordered room service for a late evening snack. It arrived quickly and was outstanding in all regards. Again, quality service rules at this property!

My biggest pet peeve for large hotels are room doors that slam. I was pleased to not hear one door slam until after 8AM. Perhaps it is the quality of people that stay at The Fairmont that show class and respect to others, but I can't help but think the Fairmont figures out a way to help the doors not slam shut. Thank you for a good nights sleep!

A few not so good's:
Parking in downtown Seattle is expensive. Expensive anyplace you go. But 45 for valet parking was a bit on the high side. Great service, and outstanding people, but 45 was a bit much

I'm sure there are plenty of great rooms. Our room (1059) was not one of them. We had a comp certificate and used it for the overnight. I'm guessing this is why we were placed in one of the smallest rooms in the hotel. It was maybe 250 square feet and old school small. When I looked on the floor map on the back of the door, it was the smallest room on our wing, and only two other rooms appeared to be smaller. I was disappointed we were assigned such a small room and doubt that the entire property was sold out requiring the use of our assigned room. It was the only real bummer for our stay..The room bed, furnishings, and extras were fine, although the AC had a hard time keeping up (it was 90+ in Seattle so that was to be expected).

All in all, you should add this property to your bucket list for stays in Seattle. It is classic, elegant and all those things you would expect for this property. Don't let our room assignment discourage you from staying here. Book with confidence and enjoy your stay at this classic Seattle Property.

Room Tip: Make sure you are assigned a room big enough for your needs. It doesn't hurt I guess to ask the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donald D
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here two nights on business. This is a grand old hotel with architectural details you will not find in more modern Seattle fare. Very well kept, with good service, and in heart of downtown. I stayed in an executive suite on the tenth floor, which was more room than I needed, but very well appointed and comfortable. Only complaint were the windows, which were single pane and not very soundproof--they allowed street noise to invade even at that height. Suggest they invest in some soundproof double pane windows. Otherwise, the bed was very comfortable and I slept well. Had an excellent in-room breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a nice stay in an Executive Suite in this historic, beautiful hotel. Always make sure you sign up for the Fairmont's Presidents Club prior to your stay at least for the free WiFi you get. I appreciate that in this brand instead of the nickel-and-dime approach I experience with other high-end brands.

I was surprised that the valet/bellman mis-directed me to the bus terminal/underground tunnel for the Link...something so basic and so close. He directed me three blocks away when in fact the entrance was one block from the hotel. I knew the service here was supposed to be top notch, so that threw me off guard. On the other hand, I was impressed to see the concierge associate I dealt with is a Clefs d'Or, and she was very helpful and professional.

I only had breakfast here - one meal was good while the other featured overcooked ham.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
FairmontOlympic, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hello, and thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear there was a mishap with the directions you received from the bellman, but that your experience with the concierge was pleasent and efficient.

We hope to welcome you back to Seattle again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on night. Booked the cheapest room using a discounted government rate code. We checked in late, around midnight and were upgraded without even asking. Not only did we pay half price, but was upgraded for free. Not sure if I would pay $500-$600 for a night but at $175 it was a steal. Luxury, luxury, luxury!

• Stayed May 2013