“Always a great experience”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We've stayed here several times over the past few years (most recently last weekend) for overnights in Seattle, and always have a superb experience. The king-size bed is like sleeping on (or in) a cloud; the staff are always friendly and helpful, not snooty (as is sometimes the case at higher-end hotels). Best of all, we can travel with our dog (they welcome dogs up to 40 lbs.). The Fairmont costs more than other hotels, but in this case, it is definitely worth it,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
FairmontOlympic, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for commenting about your stay. Not many people realize we do allow furry friends (cats and dogs) up to 40 lbs..as well as offer room service for your pampered pooch or kitty. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,163)

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I've stayed in many Fairmonts from New Brunswick, Canada to LA, California and although they do have a very standardized atmosphere and a great many similarities they also retain a sense of individuality unique to the city that they are situated in. This particular Fairmont was centrally located - within a few minutes walk to Pike's Place (Farmer's Market), the Monorail (and thereby the Space Needle), the magnificant modern library, the shopping district, and other downtown easily accessable venues. The staff was pleasent, helpful, and attentive. The food was well prepared, and tasty. The overall lasting take away image is of was of a job well done. Thank you Fairmont, Seattle for a pleasent weekend stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here in June 2012, sorry it's late! I'm staying again in a couple of weeks and wanted to write this one as I'll write another after my next stay. All I can do is echo most of the other reviews here and say that this hotel is amazing. I usually prefer modern looking hotels but this place does old world charm so well you can't help but love it. Having a drink and happy hour appies in the lobby bar was one of our Seattle highlights, you must try the sliders with truffle bacon mayo, wow! My one negative is that the bathrooms are a little dated and o the small side, but in an older hotel you have to kind of expect that. All the staff are exceptional and go out of their way to say hello, and with a genuine smile. The concierge/helpdesk guys and girls were so great at helping us Seattle newies out with directions and recommendations.
I can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Olympic hotel in Seattle has always reminded me of the Waldorph in NY though a smaller version. Doorman greets you at the covered lobby entrance on University Street. Great lobby, elegant, large, comfortable. There are bars, restaurants, shops off of it and/or an escalator ride down one floor. I've eaten at two of the hotel's restaurants and they are a solid option. But in Seattle there are so many unique and wonderful restaurants unless the weather is bad I prefer to take advantage of being there. My wife joined me on this last business trip. We stayed in a mini suite which was very comfortable. There's a safe in the room. Desk with the e connections you'd expect and the hotel has free wifi throughout. (I note that other reviewers apparently had to pay for wifi. Perhaps because I've stayed there a number of times ours was free) Excellent and well equipped fitness center which includes an indoor pool. There are men’s’ and women’s shower change areas complete with lockers and all the amenities. I wanted to work out after the check out. No problem. I had full use of the facilities and my car was waiting for me when I headed out. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They arranged restaurant reservations at various locations around the city. The Olympic is located in the financial district of Seattle and is walking distance to Pike’s Place Market, the ferries, Nordstrom’s , plus many top restaurants. The only knock is that the hotel could use some updating in places. Not bad but not at its prime. Interestingly I would say the same thing about the Waldorph.

Room Tip: The rooms are the same and quiet throughout the hotel. It's possible to get a deal on the mini...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ron p

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay. I thought it would be helpful to note the hotel has been implementing a few important improvement projects-- 1) The health club-- which should be finished in early May. Includes refreshed locker room areas, new carpeting in the main workout room and all new equipment 2) The Georgian Restaurant was recently refreshed with new carpeting and paint, and updated seating. 3) Our Assembly Row meeting space has been completed remodeled and 4) guest rooms are awaiting a soft goods re fresh! As a historic property, we are very sensitive about maintaining the character of the hotel while still offering our guests every luxury and convenience. We hope to welcome you back to Seattle again soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here with my husband for the easter weekend. The hotel is gorgeous and in a great location. An "old" world feel with class. Staff was superberb and couldn´t do enough for us. We will definetly stay here again if in Seattle.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here twice, for one night each time in the span of one week so I'll combine my reviews. On both occasions I was upgraded to an executive suite and I enjoyed it both times. The suites have separate bedrooms and there is a small couch, an easy chair and a desk. For me the best features of the suite were the windows that opened (hard to find these days) and even better, a separate container for recycling. It's extremely rare to find this feature and I appreciated it.
We took advantage of the Terrace Lounge, room service and the Georgian Restaurant. All were very nice. The Terrace was very casual and had upscale bar food. (we had a late lunch there) The Georgian is a high class, expensive restaurant with great attention to detail (I was given a black napkin to go with my black pants!) and perfectly prepared food. (my wife said her omelette was the best she ever had!) Room service was on time, efficient and well prepared.
Finally, although I didn't have a car, I enquired and found out self parking is approximately $34, valet parking is about $10 more and to connect to the internet is about $15 but you can apply to the Presidents Club which offers free internet and once it's processed, the charge is refunded.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is clean; the rooms are spacious and the location is perfect for all-things downtown. You are a few blocks from Pike Place Market and downtown shopping. The hotel is remarkably quiet. I don't know if Seattle folks just don't honk their cars or if there is some serious sound-proofing in the windows! ; )

I would highly recommend ordering the omlettes with the crab and shrimp. Also, their bowl of fresh berries is the best. I am dreaming about their room service as we speak.

Room Tip: I had a room near the elevators and even that was super quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
FairmontOlympic, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your stay. We are very proud of the quality of our food- whether it is in our Terrace Bar lounge or in room dining. Pleased to hear that your stay was quiet, too! We look forward to welcoming you back to Seattle again soon.