“Beautiful and welcoming”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Beautiful and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Fairmont Olympic is to be congratulated on assembling a perfect staff. Everyone I dealt with the three days I was there for committee meetings was perfect. It was as if they stepped out of a manual for perfect hotel staff. I interacted with doormen, the concierge staff, the reception desk staff, the sandwich shop staff, tech support staff, and banquet hall staff. I even asked one woman at the concierge desk if she enjoyed working there as much as it appeared she and everyone did. She assured me she really enjoyed working at the beautiful hotel as she handed me an interesting pamphlet about the history of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
FairmontOlympic, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you Donna for sharing comments about your stay, and how each of our staff contributed to you having a great experience at our hotel and an overall positive experience in Seattle. We appreciate this feedback and I will share it with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice for conferences, and had great experiences both times. Nothing will top my first stay, several years ago. I arrived in the early morning hours after a grueling, 20 hours long terrible travel day from the east coast which featured not one, but TWO cancelled flights. The receptionist must have felt sorry for me, because even though I was booked in a regular conference-rate room, she gave me THE best suite in the hotel! It was truly amazing. I just returned from another 4-night stay, this time with a roommate and a request for a room with 2 beds. We were upgraded to a very spacious deluxe room and had a large dressing room with two large closets. Beds were very comfortable and the room was spotless. The only problems we encountered were a TV that didn't always get an HD signal, and some problems with splitting our bill between two cards, which were remedied quickly. The location was wonderful, between the conference center and the Market. The Light Rail station is only a block away. Definitely join the Fairmont President's Club before you stay at any Fairmont hotel (free to join), since you get free internet access as part of your membership.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The Fairmont Olympic is a first-class hotel in downtown Seattle. The property is maintained beautifully and has excellent amenities. Shuckers restaurant has a wide-selection of local seafood, wine, and beer with good service. Check-in and check-out were very efficient. Would definitely recommend this property.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chetwynd, BC Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in January. Just like other Fairmont's, this hotel doesn't disappoint. We stayed in suite 1026 and it is up to Fairmont expectations. The architecture of the building is very beautiful. Our bed was a little hard for me, I prefer a softer bed. A couple of things that I found strange were that there was no air conditioning and at night it could get very hot, but you can open the windows. The air registers are on the window sills, and at night when you close the curtains it blocked off the air flow, thus getting hot at night. Another thing I was very surprised by was the amount of siren noise. We were here for 4 nights and 3 days and the sirens from fire trucks, ambulances and police never seemed to stop. One of the doormen told me this was not the norm, but they never stopped the whole time we were here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We come to Seattle a few times a year and haven't stayed here since the early 80s thought we should give it a try once again , was a great idea from the moment we arrived fast friendly greeting from the valet right through to front desk . Rooms are comfortable and very clean . Great location close to every thing Seattle has to offer . This was a fantastic hotel to stay at and will return soon !!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bravewest
FairmontOlympic, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thanks for writing about your experience at our hotel. We hope you come back in 6 months (vs. 20 years!) when the sun is shining in Seattle. :)
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My company had their annual sales meeting here this week. I was added as a last minute guest to the hotel list. However, you would have never known I was a late addition. I was treated extremely well at all points of my stay. The room was well-appointed: a sitting room with a separate bedroom. The king bed was nice and firm, the nicest bed I have had in a hotel in years. The bathroom was very spacious. Hot water pressure was never a problem. Two flat screen TVs (1 in each room!).
The only thing missing was a clock radio. Most of the hotels I stay at have the MP3 compatible docking station. This room didn't even have a radio at all! I didn't miss it much, but sometimes it is nice to fall asleep to music.
I didn't have a chance to use the health club but it looked really great. Maybe next time. I woudl definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you are doing business mid-downtown.

Room Tip: Probably a better view from a higher floor.