“Old world charm with modern conveniences” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairmont Olympic Seattle

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #21 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Old world charm with modern conveniences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Nicely appointed room. We paid a small amount for an upgrade and it was worth it. We moved into a charming spacious suite with lovely decor including french doors that divided the sitting room from the bedroom. Amenities we especially enjoyed were; slippers, robes, great bathroom 'condiments', Keurig coffee system, great selection of teas. We had a dripping faucet and when I mentioned it at the front desk it was rectified by the time we returned to the room. We loved the volume and water pressure of the shower.
We wanted information, tickets and reservations, and the concierge, William, was really helpful and clearly loved his job. Another concierge, a woman, not so much...but all the other staff were 110%. Ask for William.
We were lucky and stayed when the hotel had their Christmas tree display which was stunning. Great inhouse pub, which I already reviewed.

Room Tip: Don't worry about being close to the elevator. We were located right next to it and didn't...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SabineK1
FairmontOlympic, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Sabine, Thank you for taking time to write to us about your stay. We will pass along your compliments to William, who truly loves his job and sharing his knowledge of Seattle. We are also pleased to hear that your request was promptly attended to. We hope you come back to see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My buddies and I did a weekend trip to Seattle to watch NFL and the Seattle Seahawks. The Fairmont Hotel in downtown Seattle was our choice to stay for the weekend. The main reason was that I received a discounted price as I am a Fairmont's President Club Member. Having said that the value I received was far in excess of even the regular room rate. The service was attentive and the staff was friendly.

The rooms are exquisite decorated.

Only two issues were noted. One was minor but the other was not so minor.

The first one was the room I stayed in had an issue with the room safe. The locking bolt was extended out and the safe was not reset and therefore I could not lock my valuables in the safe. I called for service and a hotel engineer came to my room in a reasonable time and attended to the issue and apologize for the inconvenience.

The second issue was my buddy complained (albeit to me and not to the hotel) that he noticed that there was slight blood stains on the bed sheets. He noticed the stains the morning after the stay. However as mentioned he did not report it to the hotel.

Based on my past experiences staying at Fairmont operated hotels, had he reported it to the hotel staff, it would have been attended to promptly.

I enjoyed staying at the hotel and would do so again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Shoreline, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Brought my wife here for an overnight staycation. We love Seattle around the holidays - the streets and stores all lit up - and the hotel lobby was a beautiful compliment to the town. There was a gorgeous tree in the lobby, and many well-dressed families were posing for pictures in front of it before heading out for their evenings on the town. We booked a suite, and we had plenty of room for our needs, including room service breakfast in the morning. When we stopped in for drinks at the end of the night, the bartender was a little short with us, but that was probably because he was mixing drinks at a rate of approximately a million a minute. The maple old fashioned was worth it, though...

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy C
Nantwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stereotypical English like hotel set close to a major shopping area but a 5 minute walk to waterfront. Generously sized rooms full of the mod cons ypu would expect and polite and efficient staff. As a base to explore Seattle this is ideally located. Not spectacular but very nice nonetheless.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank iainricho
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a grand old historic hotel which makes you just feel rich staying there. When we went in November the Christmas tree was already up which added to charm. There was a mixup with the room and they upgraded us which certainly helped with our impression. The concierge got us into the restaurant when i couldn't. We loved the location close to shopping, Pike Market, Purple for great wine and food across the street and the Red Room for music closeby. The only downside was the old small bathtub.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jennybobenny
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Fairmont Olympic is one of those grand old hotels that you can't help but enjoy. On my visit, I had a suite. It was quite spacious, but the furnishings and decor of the room was a bit too outdated for my taste.

That's pretty much the only negative thing I could say about this place. The rest of my stay was excellent. The food was always wonderful, and the service was second to none. A nice surprise was when I first arrived. As a Fairmont President's Club member, I was already checked in the moment I arrived. The bellman who opened my door handed me my key and let me know I could go right up. Super convenient!

It's also well-situated, closed to shopping and tourist attractions.

Room Tip: President's Club members get free wifi and other perks. It's free to sign up, so take advant...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Corey Q
FairmontOlympic, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad you enjoyed the perks of curbside check in and complimentary wi-fi with your President's Club membership. We hope you'll come back and visit us again soon...
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel exceeds expectations in all areas. Rooms are beautiful, clean and quiet. Staff is extremely friendly and work to insure a great experience. Restaurant will compete with any of Seattle's finest. I choose this one every time I'm in Seattle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business