The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
$282
$274
$254
  • Room Service
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
$204
$195
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$187
$220
$325
Official Hotel
  • Room Service
3,285 results
All reviewsgeorgian roomgeorgian restaurantpresident's clubshuckers restaurantan executive suitebeautiful hotelhealth clubroom servicefour seasonsconcierge desklobby barpike place marketcar servicefitness centercorner roomthe location is perfectstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2012

While noting this hotel is in a good location close to the Seattle convention centre and shopping. First favorable impressions upon entering a spacious lobby aren't enough to impress. The lobby isn't where you lay your head down. The king suite I stayed in on the third floor was noisy particularly as the single pane (read old) windows don't seem to close completely so the traffic noise never disappears. This contributed to a very poor sleep. Due to bar noise my colleague had to ask for a room change to a higher level and a "courtyard" room (read traffic circle to the front door). And then there are the thin walls - which led to a rude awakening with noisy neighbors having a room party last night. I found the bed adequate the room decor is fine although the carpets could use a clean. The bathroom is well appointed but the tub depth is well below knee height (no luxurious in room soak). I did not use any of the facilities in the hotel due to work schedule. Be forewarned $8.00 for a bottle of water, $20.00/night for internet and ++ parking costs. Ridiculous and better options.

Room Tip: higher floor may be better, would definitely not want to be by the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Hoop007
FairmontOlympic, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Hoop007
Thank you for taking the time to write and let us know about your stay. We take your feedback seriously and we wanted to let you know about planned improvements... we are currently in the process of planning a hotel wide window replacement (part of our committment to energy conservation) that will dramatically cut down on the noise you mentioned during your stay. We do offer complimentary internet access for President's Club members-- which is free and takes just a few moments to enroll. We hope you will consider us the next time you stay in Seattle.

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

The Fairmont Olympic is every thing we have come to expect from a luxury hotel. They have manged to retain the charm of the grand hotels and gracefully keep pace with the demands of modern life and travel.
The exec suits are very spacious with two rooms. The pool is a great size and was never too busy.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We just returned from a 3-day trip where we stayed at Fairmont Hotel. When we arrived, we were offered an upgrade to an executive suite for a modest price increase. The service was excellent. We were treated like royalty. The rooms were spacious with comfortable mattresses, lovely linens and all the bathroom accessories one could wish for. I used the swimming pool for laps and enjoyed the spa-like amenities of the health club. There were no extra fees for health club, wifi (had to sign up for president's club at no charge), or use of business center to print boarding passes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Nutlie,
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay. We truly appreciate the feedback and it is very rewarding to hear that our team exceeded your expectations! We hope to welcome you back to Seattle soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Enjoyed EXCELLENT service, the luxury bedding of Fairmont & amazing location. Paulo from the gym/spa was so friendly & accommodating. Can't wait for the next opportunity to visit this hotel & hopefully we'll have more time!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Fairmont from September 22-29, and believe me, it was one of the few times when I wished we could have stayed another two weeks.

We were treated with the utmost respect and courtesy from the the moment we entered the Hotel. The Bell Captain at the entrance was polite and very friendly. Everyone greeted us and were very friendly and helpful.

The person who received us at check-in was very friendly and informative.

Our room was incredible. Very spacious, very clean. The bedroom was separate from the living area, which was great.

I did not eat at the Georgian, which was the hotel restaurant, but I did eat at the Terrace, which was their patio bar. Pegge our server was excellent, as was the food.

I joined the Presidents Club for free and used the free high speed internet. Worked great.

Bedding was excellent. Firm but not hard, with perfect pillows. I am actually trying to find out what they used so I can buy some for home.

Easy access to all the sights - Pikes Market, Space Needle, etc. There is a very nice small grocery across the street, and an excellent little bistro - The Purple across the street too.

I did not have much of a view - basically it looked across to a parking garage. I suspect the only view you will have in any of the rooms is another building, as there are taller buildings all around. Maybe the penthouse.

I am trying to remember everything else that made this a spectacular experience, but I certain I am forgetting many things.

What I want to convey was that it was a top-notch, classy Hotel, and I will stay there anytime I return to Seattle.

A couple of very minor concerns.

I was a little concerned about being directly by the elevator. I had asked not to be near the elevator, as I am a very very light sleeper. I did not notice the ringing of the bell, but what at first I thought was the whooshing of the jets at the airport actually turned out to be the elevators. Not too bad, but just a comment.

I was on the 10th floor. The street noise was there, so the ghetto blasters, honking, and occasional rowdy drunks could be hears, but this isn't the fault of the hotel. I am a little surprised that Seattle is 10 years behind New York for enacting noise ordinances, but.

I paid $279 a night for the executive King Suite, AAA rate. Another $42 a night was added for taxes. My total bill came to be $2279. Expensive, but my wife and I agree it was worth it.

I did not use the valet parking which was $42 a night, as there was a National car rental about a block away, and I just rented that car as needed.

It was a wonderful stay for our combination birthday/anniversary get away.

Room Tip: I would go with the higher floors to avoid the street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple