“This is a SUPERB property - with wonderful, attentive staff”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We had the great pleasure of staying at this property last weekend. It is a beautiful heritage hotel in a great location downtown. We were upgraded to a suite (because I am a frequent guest at Fairmont properties). It was absolutely lovely and perfect for two couples. The staff were charming and incredibly helpful. Not at all fussy - just kind and welcoming. They gave us great info on things to do (including the Seattle Art Museum which has a great show on at the moment) . Great recommendations on meals as well. There were a couple of errors on the bill which they apologized for profusely and fixed immediately. I would HIGHLY recommend this property.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Durodeb

Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights before flying out of SeaTac on vacation. We ended up with a corner room with classy decorations and a ton of space (i would estimate 400sq ft. in these rooms although they are not technically an upgrade). The check-in process was smooth and efficient. As well, they were later quite helpful in getting my boarding passes printed. The lobby is very spacious and classy and had wonderful piano music playing both nights in the open lounge. I used the fitness facility one day and found it to be fairly well equipped and the hot tub and pool quiet and relaxing. We would defiantly pick this location again as it is very close to Pike place market (10 min. walk) and Pacific Centre shopping (10 min.) as well as many great restaurants (we ate at Elliotts Oyster 4 blocks away and Purple Wine Bar across the street).

Room Tip: As for a corner room without the upgrade.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andyfromcanada
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Just came back from a great stay at the Fairmont in Seattle. We got a deal through hotels.com and it was great value for the money.
We got upgraded to a suite and they provided us with a cot and toiletries for our baby. We had a fabulous room service dinner - the lamb rack 3 course meal was very good. The service is superb - all the staff were very friendly, helpful and curteous. The hotel is very close to all the shops and is very central. They have an indoor pool which my husband used with the baby while I was out shopping. We got milk and cookies in our car when we picked it up which was a nice surprise for the journey home.
Overall this was a 5 star stay for a 3 star price.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank collmm
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed over at the Fairmont Seattle last night and my company hosted a lunch there this afternoon. The room was wonderful, especially large and very comfortable with all of the necessary amenities. I used the gym this morning which had more than enough workout equipment all of which was very up to date. I ordered room-service for breakfast and the food was of excellent quality. Wifi worked perfectly so that I could spend the morning getting some work done (it was free because I'm a President's Club member, not sure how affordable it was to pay for). Before noon, I went down to the luncheon and found that the room was set up very well. We have had roadshows across the country and this was one of the best spaces. I had to leave early and the kitchen was able to provide a boxed lunch. An excellent stay!
My only complaint was that the heat/ac was fairly dated and it was somewhat difficult to change the temp.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ahartmann1980
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a one day visit to Seattle. I found it to be very grand and luxurious. We checked in on a Saturday and did not have reservations for dinner. The staff suggested Elliott's Oyster House and made reservations for us for an early dinner. After a long day of walking all over Seattle we didn't have the energy to walk even though it was close. The hotel offered a car to take us to and from Elliotts. It was perfect. Our room was very nice and our beds had crisp white linens. I was able to print our boarding passes in the business lounge and enjoyed great coffee in the morning after a visit to the one of the best gym & swimming pool I've ever seen at a hotel. Albeit pricey, I thought the service, beds, room/bathroom and location were superb and worth it. It was a wonderful overall experience. I plan to return with my husband to stay more than 1 night!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this elegant established hotel. Booking thru AmEx we got a fantastic upgrade to a suite and comps for dinner and breakfast. We enjoyed the meals in the both of the nice restaurants. Service was great.

Close to the museum where we saw the Gauguin Exhibit and to Pikes Market, the hotel is located perfectly. We didn't do too much exploring because of the weather, but we will definitely stay there again on our next trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed one night for a business meeting. Nice room, good food, and convenient location. This is a grand hotel from the gilded age. Staff were helpful, friendly, and good service. It reminds me of a smaller version of the Waldorf Astoria in New York. Noisy room next to traffic on a low floor. Next time I will ask for a quieter one. I would definitely come back again, though.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business