“An amazing experience - great location and staff!”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #12 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Wow, right from our arrival at the Fairmont it wa top notch. The location is great for down town Seattle. The valet parking was great and these guys are first class. The rooms are spacious and very clean and comfortable. All the bedding and toiletries are good. This is a place where every attention has been paid to detail. All the staff act like they own a piece of the hotel, they were friendly and helpful. The gym was very good with good equipment. There was a nice pool, hot tub and sauna and the change rooms had were stocked with everything you'd need. Nice touch in the gym with all the towels and bottled water. The breakfast was superb. The buffet had lots of fresh fruit, blackberries, blueberries, mango, raspberries, papaya and cereals, yogurts and hot breakfast. The ambience and elegance of this hotel is worth experiencing. I can't say enough about the staff who are exceptionally well trained and attentive. Very serene, classy and elegant without being stuffy. Congrats fairmont Seattle! I'd defintely recommend this hotel as a great place to stay to visit Seattle, or have a great getaway. Shuckers restaurant was also good. Well prepared food and good ambience!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I am a frequent business traveler and stayed at the Fairmont Olympic 2 nights Feb 29 and Mar 1. The rooms were very big with a superbly comfortable bed. My view wasn't great, but I wasn't there for that (view of buildings across the way, no water from my room at least). The work desk was okay - not huge, but decent with one plug nearby. The room had an armchair with a little table as well, a minibar, coffee and such, a big closet with hooks and a small safe (in which I couldn't fit my big laptop). The bathroom was a big size with a separate room/door for shower and toilet. The toiletries were nice and there was a bathrobe, and a nice extra of two sets of slippers - that's very rare.

Room service was quick and good - I had a turkey club with fries and all was hot/cold where supposed to be; it came delivered on a rolling table instead of a tray, which I always think is a nice touch.

Everyone was extremely helpful - fast check-in, email my check-out folio, called a cab quickly, directed me on the walk to my business meeting, etc. Capitol Grille is right across the street for finer dining, and there seemed to be some places nearby for quicker and less expensive meals.

All in all, I thought it was a great hotel and I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Oahulady
Reviewed February 29, 2012

we stayed and enjoyed, service was above and beyond. if you are a novice traveler, it's nice to have know that that some places are just outstanding, when we travel back to seattle, it's the only place we will stay

Room Tip: all the rooms seemed to be very quiet great for sleeping
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2012

All was perfect for our overnight musical get-away! The hotel is so lovely! The dessert in the restaurant was over the top! The thermostat/heat made sleep tough for me but all else was PERFECT!

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor. Elevators are speedy & many!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary here this weekend. The hotel propertyis beautiful & grand and on the National Historic Registry. It's also very centrally located in Seattle, where you can walk to many of the attactions and shopping. The price was very fair and comparable to the Sheraton (where we usually stay). The service was top notch. There is even a hotel car to take you where you need to go. On the downside, there is no view, because all the buildings around it are much taller and block and view that there maybe was when it was built. The rooms and suites are small, the windows are very old and leaky, the paint was even peeling off on our window sills. There was no coffee maker in our room, or mirowave, so we had to order up coffee service, which was over $22!!!! The flat screen tv's in the rooms were fine, but they only basic cable, and the pictures was snowy. Also, there is no wireless internet, at least in the rooms. It's the old plug in cable type. I used the signal from Starbucks across the street. The brunch buffet in the main restaurant, The Georgian Room, was very expensive ($25.00) for the limited selection they offerred. We expected perhaps a carving station, omeletes, some seafood choices, etc. There was none of that. Just eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruits and pastries and assorted cereals.
All and all, It is an elegant hotel with top of the line everything, and we would definitely stay there again. But seriously, get those windows replaced!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
DennisClark, General Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Marguerite M, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your observations. We are constantly evaluating our guest priorities as we invest in our product and service. Your input is very valuable. In fact, on your next visit you will find coffee makers in all our rooms as part of our guest room plan. Also I'd like you to know that if you choose to sign up as a Presidents Club member, you are entitled to some very nice benefits including free wireless connection in your guest room. We hope to see you again. Safe Travels.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

It was my moms 60th Birthday and I flew her out from Brazil to Vancouver, and took a trip to Seattle. We decided to stay at the Fairmont as they have great service ( I stayed in other Fairmont Hotels and it was amazing)

The service starting from the Vallet to the front desk and room service is just amazing. You feel like home and I didn't want to leave the place.. They called me by my name and that is HUGE for me ; ) The concierge was so pleased and happy to help. Thanks to William and Mario you guys made a HUGE difference on my trip...

I can't thank you enough!

Room Tip: Follow William's advice and go to Metropolitan Grill for an amazing steak.. then Cafe Camganha f...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Eduardo. Thank you very much for the kind words. Our goal is to provide our guest with fond and memorable experiences; especially on special occasions. We are please that you enjoyed yourself and will pass your comments on to our staff. Safe travels!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

My cousin and stayed here to celebrate our 50th Birthdays and the hotel service was above and beyond my expectations (and I stay in Fairmonts frequently)!. The front desk staff were incredible in helping us select the perfect executive suite and even sent us a tray of chocolate dipped strawberries to mark the occasion! We enjoyed riding in the chauffeur driven Jaguar and the professional chauffeurs and doormen who consistently made us feel like royalty. We went swimming and enjoyed a pool long enough to swim lengths as well as a fantastic hot tub. The locker rooms were very nicely appointed and clean. Our room was very pretty with a pretty light green colour scheme and crystal lamps. Joining the President's Club provides you with many benefits including complementary internet and the loan of work out runners and clothes. Lovely stay - we'll definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends