“fairmont olympic” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Durango, Colorado
“fairmont olympic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Rooms spacious, comfortable but a bit old with a musty feel (although there is no musty smell)

Food in hotel very expensive as is parking for hotel guests ($44)!

Front desk and concierge services friendly, helpful and efficient!

Room Tip: Some west side rooms have partial water view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Christmas for singles or couples,... Awe inspiring Lobby and immediate recognition of your name throughout your stay, you truly feel like a VIP...wonderful pool and workout room...The staff treatment of you = VIP.

Room Tip: Join the Presidents Club for more perks. (Canadian AMEX holders become Platinum in 5 nights, well wo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

Fairmont is located within walking distance to great dining, shopping, theatre's & markets. The staff is very attentive with the guest satisfaction top priority. The Hotel is beautiful and even though they are constantly busy with guests, the housekeeping and grounds are kept immaculate.

If you don't mind waiting 15-20 minutes for transportation they even offer a free shuttle service. For us the wait is worth it as we don't have to drive or pay for parking.

Tip: go for the Staycation package. The price includes breakfast and parking (which can be a hassle if you are traveling during peak season).

Room Tip: The Rooms on the north side offer a good view of the Macy's star during Holiday Season.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

The hotel is already delightfully ornate and grand. During November and December the Fairmont Seattle is utterly festive and extravagant in all the right ways! My husband and I love visiting Seattle and are happy to do so anytime of year; we have traveled there for business and for relaxing getaways. We always stay at the Fairmont during the holidays!

I also recommend, two places for dinner that are walking distance to the Fairmont Seattle. First, "The Brooklyn" is amazing and the chef table is great fun; it is located off 2nd and University. Next, I suggest, "The Purple Cafe and Wine Bar". It is right up the street from the Fairmont before the Capital Grille.

Room Tip: King Suites are very nice and worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Woodinville, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

We love Fairmont hotels, so it was not a surprise that we enjoyed our stay. We usually stay at the W for Valentine's Day weekend, but we decided to mix it up. The service was excellent, and we had fun sitting in their bar off the lobby. The interior kind of made me feel like I was in the Titanic, definitely a different time period. The hotel is centrally located and it is a close walk to the 5th Ave Theater.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed here twice - first time, we got a nice renovated room with marble bath at the end of a hallway (very quite). Second time I think I forgot to specify renovated room, or they interpreted "renovated" = "upgrade" because they upgraded us to a small suite. But it wasn't renovated, and boy did that room pale in comparison with the one we stayed in the first time we were here!

I called down to the front desk and asked if any renovated rooms were available. They told me there was one on a lower floor if that was OK, and I said that was no problem. The manager actually ran the keys to our new room up to us in about 2 minutes! THAT is service! Kudos to you, Fairmont Olympic. The new room was also a suite, and the renovated rooms are SO MUCH NICER. Nicer bedding, cleaner-looking lines, nice paint tones, newer finishings like light switch face plates, nice new marble bathroom. I would probably give this place 3 or 4 stars if I had stayed in the original room they gave me during that stay.

The hotel itself is in a good location - if you're heading out to I-5, you just go straight up the street a couple of blocks and you're there. Lots of restaurants, the SAM, and pike place market within blocks.

There's a hotel car that can take you around the downtown area. The first time I stayed, I was having dinner at Canlis as part of the "find a key and get free dinner at Canlis" thing in October (I was graciously invited for helping! :) and I mentioned that I needed a taxi to one of the valets. Well, he told me to hang on and that he'd see if he could get the hotel car to take me. It was free, so they gave me a free ride to Canlis, which I must say is not exactly in the "downtown core", either. You guys are the best! The second time we stayed, it was a busier night so we had to wait about 20 minutes for the car to take us somewhere, but the driver was great, again (different guy). We were going to Kneehigh Stocking company, which is a speakeasy-type place and purposefully difficult to find. Well, our driver was so thoughtful - he made sure that he knew exactly where this place was before he would drop us off, probably so he'd know where to pick us up later that night, but it was really nice of him.

The terrace lounge has some REALLY great drinks, if you like cocktails stop in and try a couple. All in all, I would definitely stay here again - great service, even if all the rooms aren't updated you could always try to ask for one that is.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

I enjoyed this hotel. It was so nice that our trip to Seattle really turned into our trip to Seattle and the Fairmont Olympic.

Just to start, my wife and I went to Seattle for a 3 day weekend to tour some wineries and eat fish. However after two excellent experiences with room service, we spent half our time sitting around in the comfortable room enjoying room service and the hotel pool.

Checkin - Quick n' Easy
Room - Took an upgrade to a suite, was totally worth it.
Cleanliness - Totally clean and well kept.
Location - Perfect - short walk to everything except the waterfront - and it was only a 10 minute walk to there.

Overall, great trip, will be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple