“Met but did not exceed expectations”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway
Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Met but did not exceed expectations”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This hotel is well kept and clean. It was chosen for me through Priceline. The reception I received when I arrived at the hotel was fine. Nothing out of the ordinary but it was the end of the shift so I am sure the woman was ready to be done. On the other hand, the reception when I checked out was fantastic. I think there was free wi-fi but I did not bring my computer. I used their business center. If you are techie I would bring your own computer because theirs are pretty old. The lobby was nice. They have nice beauty care products in the room (Aveda). It was a bit far from the train station but I am so glad I stayed there (and then moved downtown to another hotel) because it was a beautiful walk down Pike Street. I got a great deal on Priceline and it met but did not exceed my expectations.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank sarahalta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Hotel was one of two selected by wedding party for guests. Block rate was not much of a discount. Hotel staff is lovely and helpful. King room was good sized and comfortable. I was in handicapped room. No fancy amenities except bar sink plus personal sink. It's great to have microwave and tiny fridge - which didn't make any noise but which was not very cold inside. Soft drinks and ice maker on the floor, as well as one-machine laundry facility (washing is free, detergent sold in gift shop.) Bed was uncomfortably hard and slanted and room carpet was filthy but everything else appeared clean. Restaurant under construction. I never woke up early enough for complimentary continental breakfast but there's coffee and apples in the lobby all the time. Ihop located right around back. Location seems to be in questionable area but is actually right at the end of Capitol Hill, near major highways. Parking is $16/night. My key didn't work in garage entrance so I came in the front driveway which is easy to miss the first time. No bell service at all, transport your own luggage. Hotel provides shuttle service downtown and Pike St. I heard them offer someone taxi reimbursement when shuttle got delayed. Free pc use, but computers are pretty sluggish.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Utah
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My wife and I travled to Seattle for a week so we could watch my beloved Cubs play baseball against the Seattle Mariners. While the baseball games weren't pleasant, my experience with the hotel was great. We got a king size bed room at a great price. The room was just the right size and comfortable. We spent most of our time around town, but our room was a comfortable place to rest every day when we returned. The bed was nice and comfortable with really soft down pillows. The room was cleaned and made up every day when we returned. The TV was a nice sized flat screen mounted on the wall. We had a free tasty breakfast every morning downstairs. It was very carb intensive, but better than spending $15 every morning for breakfast. Having free wireless internet in my room was great too.

So the hotel was nice, that's not hard to find. My high point was the staff. They were great. I'll list some of my positive experiences with them. 1. On the day we checked in, it was earlier than what we could get into our room and they let us leave our baggage at the desk while we toured around town. I had taken my camera out as I was giving them the luggage and left it on the counter. After we had left to go back out, I remembered and we called. They found the camera it was waiting for me when we returned. That shows some honest employees. 2. The shuttle drivers were great. They were willing to go out during all hours of the day to pick up and drop off hotel guests around town. Traffic was bad and I was glad to not have to negotiate it. They were always friendly and chatted with us while we rode. They also gave helpful tips and information about town. I was most impressed with them. 3. When we would ask the front desk for something, they were always friendly and helpful. 4. The ladies did a great job keeping the continental breakfast stocked and would help guests with their food.

While the hotel is not in the middle of all the attractions, we were willing to accept that with the price we were paying. Also with the shuttles, you can be back in the downtown area in under 20 minutes. The fitness room was small and didn't offer much, but again, we were really happy with the price and it wasn't a concern.

We were very delighted with our stay and if we go back to Seattle, we will for sure stay here again. I wish this company offered hotels in other towns that we are going to in the future as we would happily use them.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Napa, Ca.
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Took Light rail from airport to Westlake Center, called hotel--shuttle within 10 min. Also picks up at Pioneer Square and Sport Arena area
Rooms were great : refrig., coffee pot with "Tullys" coffee PLUS microwave. Large floor to ceiling window with railing: "door' designed to open limited amount..,adequate for fresh air but very safe.( Could be opened farther if desired) Desk with free internet-also Business area in lobby with use of computers and printer. New restaurant under remodel and will have breakfast "free" for guests.Great exercise room and beautiful pool (inside)
Front desk people very helpful with directions and will print out maps to get to requested places. MY BIGGEST find --Elliott Bay Bookstore (formerly in Pioneer Square area) about 4-5 block away. Great bookstore,coffee shop and very helpful and friendly people..
2 blocks to supermarket (QFC) with good Deli and Starbucks. Cute bar and poolhall nextdoor,originally a garage. Several buses stop out front that goes up and down Broadway
P.S. I noted the shuttle would drop guests off at "other" places, i.e Convention Centers, medical buildings, Pikes Market,Cruise ship terminal.
Booked thru Orbitz at $115, my brother thru Priceline for $90
We will definitely stay there again..

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Lakewood, Washington
Reviewed June 14, 2010

This hotel was beautiful. It's in a great location, right on Broadway and Madison. I was there for my sister's graduation from Seattle University and this hotel is directly across the street from their campus.

The beds were very comfortable and everything looked new. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast had a good variety and was open for a good amount of time each morning.

The only negative was that you had to pay for parking ($19 per car per night!) and they did not inform my mother of this when she made our reservations. Between myself, my parents and two of my friends we had five cars, so that was almost $200 for parking for just a weekend. The parking lot is also small but we were always able to find spots. It seems very secure which is reassuring in Seattle.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Houston
Reviewed June 12, 2010

The hotel was nice, but I was traveling with my 91-year old mother prior to boarding an Alaska cruise. We pulled up in a Towncar svc vehicle and our driver unloaded our luggage and left. No one came out, no one offered to help with our luggage, and when it was time to go to our room they told me I could use one of their luggage carts! I was flabbergasted that no bell service was available. I tip nicely when I travel and I expect a normal level of service. This was unacceptable.

When we left to go to the cruise ship, there was no one to help us with the luggage again. I went downstairs, was given a luggage cart, and had to hustle all our luggage myself! Never again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Thank you for sharing the details of your stay. Unfortunately, our hotel does not have bellmen on staff but does provide bell carts for the convenience of our guests. I understand the inconvenience you experienced and apologize we were unable to accommodate your needs. We strive to assist guests with their luggage needs when requested if we have staff available. Your comments are appreciated as honest and direct feeback is an essential tool for our hotel to evaluate our service and amenities we provide as we strive to service our guests
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed April 30, 2010

I am currently staying at the Silver Cloud Broadway. The people to my east are arguing with their toddlers, the couple to my west just used the bathroom. Last night after a major room change that took an hour and involved screaming children running down the hall the couple to my east decided blocking the stairwell door open and yelling in that echo chamber was a good idea.
The room is incredible, the bed is plush, but the noise is insane! I'm going to be here with my sister until Monday (4 nights) and I could hear the people that moved into two rooms across the hall talk about a wedding they are going to/ members of. I can only imagine what the nights to come are going to be like! Luckily I have the 42" flat screen that I can turn up and drowned the chaos out! Neighbors might not like the noise, though.
I'm a bit upset that I'm paying the same amount people will be paying in July when the restaurant, pool and hot tub are back open, after renovation.
BTW excellent spread on the complimentary breakfast! All fresh, all tasty, and tables and real silverware, no plastic!
I would recommend it, but with warning to bring ear plugs!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ruthfacebk
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience during your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for challenges you encountered with noise from other guests. We generally do not encounter noise issues and will always do our best to quickly respond in an attempt to provide quiet and enjoyable accommodations for our guests.

I was happy you also shared your comments regarding your room and breakfast! Our hotel prides itself on our amenities and we look forward to our next opportunity to have you as our guest!