“sufficient hotel worth it for the shuttle service”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway
Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The staff was uber nice & helpful. The shuttle service has four stops (though NOT the airport) you can easily get the light rail at the airport (2.75 pp) and ride to Westlake and they will pick you up there. The shuttle runs on the 1/2 hour and saves you lots of cab fares/walking. The rooms were tastefully decorated and super clean-even when you don't want them cleaned they get cleaned-even though I hung my towel on the rack as instructed on the "green" card, it got replaced (or worse refolded?), the next day I closed the bathroom and put the "do not disturb sign" on the bathroom door-still they went in and cleaned and changed towels. So I'm thinking they aren't that concerned with the environment or your wishes. We had the King Jacuzzi Room. I thought having a giant tub MOL in the bedroom was a bit odd, but my husband thought bathing and watching TV was the bomb. To each his own. Our room was right off the elevator, a little carpet outside the elevator instead of tile would help with shoe-stomping rolling-bag noise. We had a malfunctioning fireplace that would pop on all by itself. This was particularly annoying and a little scary to be awaken to flickering fire light when you just turned the fire off-nothing we or maintenance tried stopped this annoyance. Even so for the price and convenience the good certainly outweighed the other.

Room Tip: Enjoyed overlooking Seattle University on Madison and had a few glimpses of Mt Ranier
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alice2go
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear alice2go,
Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your comments about your stay. I was happy to read that our staff was nice and helpful and that you were pleased with the shuttle service and guest rooms. I appreciate you sharing the information regarding the housekeeping service and fireplace operation. I have shared your review with our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer for follow up with their staff. Your comments are appreciated! We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Away from downtown so pretty quite, very clean and a GREAT shuttle service drives happy to take you and pick you up at local hot spots downtown like Pike, International, Convention Center and Stadium. The price is a bit out of my league but what I saved in parking and the connivence was worth the price.

Room Tip: leave your car 24/7 and take the shuttle
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Enjoyed two nights here during October. Front desk staff is well-trained and professional. Entire facility is clean and modern. Our room was very comfortable and attractive. To get a good idea about this hotel (if you're considering booking there) view the TripAdvisor guest photos posted (there are 26 of them). They present an accurate impression of what awaits with your stay. This is a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Although our second floor room (246) was situated close to the street, the quality windows did an ex...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Basilico,
I appreciate you sharing your review from your recent stay. I am happy you found the staff friendly and professional and want to also thank you for suggesting other travelers check out our hotel images posted by previous guests. We strive to ensure our hotel is accurately represented and agree those are a great option to check us out. We hope you will be back soon!

Regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We arrived about 9:30p and front desk personell, especially Jason, were very welcoming. He assured me they were able to grant my request for a specific room location. Room very clean, bathroom great. I liked very much that they had a free shuttle van to take us to different locations and to pick us up also (a generous tip to the very courteous and friendly driver). Restaurant, Jimmy's, in hotel was great (one dinner, two breakfasts). Would stay there again. There are several locations in Seattle, so maybe try another one next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carl Y

Dear Carl Y,
We always love providing a great stay for our guests and am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to mention our team member by name - I will be sure to thank him personally for a job well done. We hope to have you back as a guest here at Broadway but know you will have a great stay with any of our Silver Cloud locations in the great Pacific Northwest.

Thank you again for sharing your review!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Consistently welcomed with a greeting and smile each time we entered the hotel, the staff of Silver Cloud Broardway is warmly professional. As visitors to Seattle from the Midwest, they never tired of our requests for directions or information. Over a period of four days, staff whom we encountered (front desk, cleaning, and maintenance) were unfailingly polite and attentive to our needs. Of special note is front desk employee (Jessica or Jennifer) who appeared to be genuinely distressed about our encounter with panhandlers in downtown Seattle one late evening when the hotel shuttle failed to pick us up at the location a driver had earlier indicated was the precise pick up location. Following our complaint to Jessica/Jennifer, we encountered no further miscommunication with shuttle drivers. The complimentary shuttle is a wonderful feature for visitors. Hotel property and rooms are clean, comfortable, and very well maintained. Staff is simply outstanding. Our stay was associated with an academic conference at Seattle University (directly across the street from the hotel), and we will gladly stay again on our next business or leisure visit to Seattle.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This served as 'home-base' hotel for our wedding weekend, as it is 2 blocks from the Sole Repair Shop event space. I think all of our crew was not only quite satisfied by the staff service, comfort of the rooms, cleanliness, etc. -- but the group rate we got was an excellent price/value for a busy Seattle weekend. The extra $20 overnight parking fee?? That's not so good, but Capital Hill is quite congested. Jimmy's restaurant has okay food, but too pricey for b-fast, so let me suggest walking a few blocks to eat at the Skillet Diner at Union and 14th.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice, once for a week while my husband had surgery at Swedish, and again for just one night. Both times I found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful, and the rooms to be clean and relatively spacious. My last stay I reserved one of the King Suites as I was there with my cousin and it afforded us both space and privacy (main room and bedroom both have TVs and there are two entrances to the bathroom). The shuttle was available to take us to dinner so the location, while a mile away from the waterfront restaurants, isn't an issue. Given the price of the room was more than $100 less than a much smaller room in the Pike Market area, I found it to be a great alternative. And if you are visiting the hospitals (First Hill or Cherry Hill), the location can't be beat. Jimmy's (the restaurant downstairs) has pretty good food and a great bar area to relax in. Self-parking is available in a secured underground garage which is well-lighted. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a corner room or suite -- lots of windows
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family