“Fantastic hotel - great free breakfast”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway
Ranked #4 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Liverpool, UK
“Fantastic hotel - great free breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2008

We stayed here on our way back to
Vancouver from Portland before flying back to the UK. We had previously stayed at the Seattle Sheraton the week before which was really nice but almost twice the price of the Silver Cloud and very corporate.

The room was very nice - quite contemporary in style, parking was easy and inexpensive, it has a pool and very friendly staff. The room was very comfortable with great beds and linens. Only problem with the bed is that it was so comfortable we nearly missed the complimentary breakfast! This would have been a disaster as this was exceptionally good!! Not a single other hotel we stayed at over the two week trip had a complimentary breakfast.

The neighbourhood is pretty interesting. There's some cool stores and restaurants very nearby and we walked downtown in less than 10 minutes.

• Liked — Quality, price and breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2007

We booked this hotel via an auction site and while it was represented as a 3.5 star (out of possible 4 stars for Seattle), I feel that is being overly generous. While the place is very clean and the front desk staff are lovely and helpful, it really is geared to the very budget-concious traveller and I would barely give it 3 stars.

The location is the most remote of all downtown hotels on the city map (it's on the other side of the highway where most other hotels are situated between I-5 and the waterfront) and there was really nothing of interest to us in the vicinity of the hotel since we don't hang out at hospitals. This really brings down the value of the hotel, to my mind.

The included breakfast was headache-inducing as there are not nearly enough staff to service the area. We, and many other people, ended up spending the majority of our time in the restaurant standing around waiting for things like cutlery, coffee, etc.

The rooms are clean and our room was relatively quiet and the huge flatscreen tvs are great. We also appreciated the shuttle service to the actual downtown area.

We would not stay here again (or ever use an auction site to book a room again to avoid this situation) but I would definitely recommend this to budget concious travellers.

• Liked — Flatscreen tvs, lovely front desk staff
  • Disliked — Location, breakfast
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzanne&Laine
Crested Butte, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2007

This hotel is a great value in Seattle. My husband and I were there for a wedding in June of 2007. We had original plans to stay at the Warwick. We were meeting my in laws and they had already checked into the Warwick and hated it. They found the Silver Cloud in Capital Hill. The public transportation (bus stop) is right at the corner of the hotel so it was really easy to get to shopping and Pike Place. When we checked in, the hotel did not have a standard room with a king bed so they upgraded us at no charge to the corner suite. It had a jacuzzi tub with a fireplace! Wonderful! The staff was very nice and helpful. They even called to place our dinner reservations. There is a complimentary breakfast every morning in the restaurant- delicious!
Highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again in the future.

• Liked — Great value!
  • Disliked — nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cbcotraveler
Washington State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2007

A GREAT bang for the buck! We paid $159/nt. [I say mini-W because the lobby was pretty cool like the W's - complete w/a dark wood bowl of granny smiths to munch on, and mod-decor (albeit lighter than the W).]

We were in town for my sister's wedding a whopping 1/2 mi. away - very convenient for us. Also close to Trader Joe's - a must-visit novelty for us when we come to Seattle - we're not blessed w/one where we live.

FAB front desk staff - I mean ON it! CLEAN (!!) rooms w/comfy beds/bedding! Rooms were a bit small, but sufficient. Breakfast was tasty and just right - not to mention a wise use of their night-time restaurant/bar, which looked like it would be fun in the evening.

Pool was clean, lovely and secluded (no gawking, or feeling like you were on display - I swim to exercise) - NICE! Parking was convenient, safe and well-concealed (not an eyesore).

A little bit o' bad: Stayed in room on 5th floor facing front door / main entrance / street / courtyard. All I'm going to say is that the builder pulled a fast one on these folks when they purchased those super-duper cool slider/window things. They look double-paned and noise-proof-esque, but holy cow.... I could hear (literally) a man's whistling as he was walking down the sidewalk in front of the hotel... on the other side of the street! Suffice to say, you could hear everything else too. Got woken up often during the nights that we stayed.

Would definitely stay here again, but will request room in different location to see if the noise situation would be improved. I hope so, because everything else was great!!

Stayed September 2007
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2007

Silver Cloud had a fantastic front desk staff - very welcoming, friendlly, and humorous. The hotel itself is what you'd expect from a 3 star hotel -- no incredible amenities, but everything was clean and in working order. It was fairly accessible to most Settle sites and provided a good central location for walking points around the city.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Chicago,IL.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

I just came back from a week in Seattle and I stayed at the Silver Cloud. I feel my stay at the hotel was the best ever!! The front desk staff was very helpful in arranging my Seattle and Mt. Rainer Tours. They called in my request and made sure the pick up times were accurate. My room was very clean and quiet. Overall the stay was very pleasant. It was nice to use the free washer and dryer the last day of vacation. The location of the hotel was great as there is a major grocery store about two blocks away and a Walgreens a block further. The complimentary breakfast was a nice feature!! I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel and had no problems or complaints. I highly recommend this hotel.

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2007

My fiance and I have stayed at this hotel every time we visit Seattle. It is close to our favorite shops and restaurants on Broadway. Not to mention hip bars up and down the cross streets. The hotel itself is clean, comfy and the staff is always pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to just about anyone looking for a decent hotel in a fun area. Downtown is a short walk or bus ride down the hill.

• Liked — Proximity to everything, cleanliness
  • Disliked — price is sometimes very steep certain times of the year
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple