I'm an english, 40-something professional guy who travels a reasonable amount for work and for pleasure. Stayed here with a friend for 7 or so nights over a 2 week period in June / July 2011. We both REALLY enjoyed our stay here. The Silver Cloud broadway is a great mid-price hotel. Things we liked about it :
- the rooms are quiet and large, v comfortable with good beds, bathrooms, flat screen and free wifi
- really excellent service. The staff here - particularly front-of-house - were consistently v helpful in answering all our questions on seattle stuff from restaurants, making calls overseas, even where would be the best place from which to view the 4th July fireworks
- location. it is one of the few ( only ? ) hotel in the fun and diverse capitol hill area. most other hotels are in the busy downtown area which is more full-on urban.
- the frequent shuttle to downtown was great and saves a lot of money on cabs
- no laundry service but high quality washer and driers on each floor made laundry v easy if needed
A couple of small quibbles :
- the hotel restaurant Jimmy's was a little bit soul-less and quiet. we only had breakfast there so maybe dinner would be busier. The service was sometimes a bit slow
- add a ' clean me now' tag to the doors so rooms can be cleaned promptly. rooms were sometimes cleaned a bit late in the day
- maybe add an ipod dock in each room ?
Overall : a really excellent mid-priced hotel that punches above its weight
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the trendy Capitol Hill neighborhood, the Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Broadway is directly across the street from Seattle University and Swedish Medical Center. Our hotel near downtown Seattle is designed with both the business and leisure traveler in mind; all rooms include complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, and refrigerators. Our Capitol Hill hotel also features an indoor pool as well as fitness and business centers. With downtown Seattle only nine blocks away, the local area shuttle can take you to some of the city's finest restaurants, shopping and theaters in just minutes. In addition, be sure to stop by the city's bustling Pike Place Market during your stay. The Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Broadway is proud to present our new restaurant Jimmy's on Broadway. Building on the success of Jimmy's on First at our Stadium property, Jimmy's on Broadway will offer the same energetic atmosphere and culinary experience featuring full-service breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Hotel Broadway