“So-so, depending on your preferences.”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate
Ranked #90 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed 2 nights while attending a workshop at the Community College. I can't imagine anyone staying here (or anywhere in North Seattle, for that matter) on just a pleasure trip. I write this review noting that there isn't anywhere 'nice' to stay in all of North Seattle so it's all relative. The best part is although it's tucked behind an abandoned mall and large parking lot, that means it's away from busy Aurora Avenue and fairly quiet. If you want/need groceries there is an Albertsons right across the street. Also a Starbucks just across Aurora (5 min walk). Beyond that I assume you won't be staying here for location.

Front Desk Staff: The girls that were there when I checked in were lovely. The girl that was there when I checked out was surly and very cold. The chambermaid was there and asked if she needed help assisting me with getting an item I'd left in my room and the desk staff rolled her eyes at her and was very rude. The chambermaid was so sweet and friendly (had an accent) so I felt very bad for her.

The room: I stayed on the first floor to be as far away as possible from the smoking rooms which are located on the 3rd floor. Unfortunately that plan failed because they gave me a room at the end of the hall and apparently there is a smoking area right outside the hallway door and my room really stunk. Very disappointing. They said I could move the next day but that would have been way too much hassle so I stayed put.

The windows have all these crazy things on them that make them IMPOSSIBLE to close. Everyone I knew staying on the First floor had to get maintenance or desk staff to help them close them - very annoying. I would recommend not staying on the first floor for this reason alone though I can't understand why they are made this way to begin with.

The bed was okay...too hard for me and the sheets were definitely not tight and smooth like you'd expect, but they were clean, as was the rest of the room. The water pressure was way too weak and the drains were very slow to drain. I was have a bath at the same time as my shower. Also, there was no hot water on the morning I left. Was nice to have the kitchen, it's a good size...would have been good to have a kettle. Not sure if this is an American thing, not to provide kettles? (I'm from Canada) The worst part was I was woken up to very, very loud banging around in the suite above me but after 2 hours of hoping it would go away I called and it was addressed in about 10 minutes.

Because it's an 'extended stay' type place, expect to see some long term residents.

In the end, for the price, it was fine and I would probably stay there again but not on the first floor and I would shower at night. Hopefully they will address some of these issues.

Room Tip: I'd say go with top (third) floor and just stay the opposite side of the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Angela F
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Hi there,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had to encounter the smell of smoke when you had requested to be away from smoking rooms. I am also sorry to hear that you had a slow drain and poor water pressure. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working together to make sure that our non-smoking rooms remain non-smoking and that our drains are draining properly before renting rooms to our valued guests. It is pleasing to hear you had enjoyable encounters with the staff. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at NGT@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I came to Seattle to attend a conference held in the Northgate area, so this hotel was very close to the conference sight.I wouldn't normally think this would be an area to stay in for sightseeing in general, but it actually worked out great for that too. I had a rental car and was able to zip downtown very easily (close to both an interstate access and side road route) or zip north to explore coastal towns. The hotel was perfect for me since I needed to be able to make my own breakfasts and pack a simple lunch to go each day. The room was spacious and clean. It had comfortable chairs and a desk to work at as well as a table to eat at. The pillows were great, but the bed could have been more comfortable (although I slept like a rock due to being busy all day). The staff were very accommodating, providing me with a list of grocery stores, restaurants, etc. in the area. For the money, this seemed to be a good deal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so ecstatic to know that we had everything you needed during your trip . Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My parents and I stayed here while visiting friends in Seattle. While a decent hotel, there were a few problems:

1) Stained linens
2) Very loud toilet (woke everyone up if flushed at night)
3) Squeaky, uncomfortable beds
4) No rooms available with three beds.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Rachel - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your room had stained linens and the beds were uncomfortable. Please accept my apology. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work hard to make sure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at NGT@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The customer service was excellent and when we had a problem they handled it and i was very impressed with there compassion and consideration. What brought me there was my medical condition and needing to be close to SCCA and the rooms were clean and comfortable i liked that there was a sort of closet where i could keep my luggage and not see it it had a home like feel and the rooms were peaceful and the service was exceptional my insurance moved me they were on top of things to make sure i got my medical orders that were already on there way to them even after i had checked out. It was a good week and a half and i would definitely stay there again. My favorite part was the grab and go breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Elise - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that the rooms were clean as well as comfortable and our customer service was excellent.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed 1 night at this Extended Stay. Check-in was a breeze. Kristina at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Grab-and-go breakfast was sufficient. Loved laminate flooring in kitchen and bathroom. Awesome deal on Priceline and I was able to upgrade from a Queen bed to 2 doubles for $15+tax more. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Nancy - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a superb review. We are so elated to hear that your check-in was so efficient. As well, it is great to know that our staff was friendly and helpful, especially Kristina.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The overall hotel experience was quite nice however i would not return to this hotel chain if the beds aren't changed. Whomever was in charge of the massive purchase of the mattresses has more than likely caused many would be return customers to go elsewhere. With this being an extended stay hotel I expected a comfortable place to sleep, the recliner and my camping gear on the floor, with all honesty, was more comfortable. It's really a shame because as I said, this hotel is good in all other aspects but my body just could not take sleeping in that bed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Nandez24
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about your overall stay with us; however, we apologize that you experienced such discomfort while sleeping during your stay. Our bedding has been chosen based on guests feedback, so we will definitely keep yours in mind as we continue to improve our offerings moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at NGT@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here when traveling for work and everything was nice I have no complaints but what I remember most was how helpful and friendly the staff was when I told them my luggage didn't arrive with me. He was great! Did everything he could to make sure I was comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank a f
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the staff here. In response to your feedback, I am going to make sure that your response is shared with the entire team. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at NGT@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we hope to see you soon!