Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate
Mediterranean Inn(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$146
$139
  • Fitness center
All reviewspackaged muffinsown mealsmedical rateworking ordersmall kitchenettefull kitchenstay there againroom was spacious and cleanfollowing morningshower curtainthe staff was friendly and helpfuluniversity districtconvenient locationspace needleneighborhoodmaintenanceballard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed with this hotel back in 2011 & things were beginning to look a bit run down and stale. I stayed again in February and the place looked amazing! It was like I was in a brand new hotel compared to the way things used to look! I have to say that the staff also seem to be in better spirits with the new changes. The manager (I don't remember her name) is always very friendly & helpful. There aren't a whole lot of amenities, but I don't mind bringing some of my own toiletries in order to save about $50 a night on my room. The kitchens are also a nice touch since I like to eat organic & cook my own meals.

• Stayed: February 2013
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the updates we made during the remodel. We are truly proud of how the upgrades have turned out. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The rooms are nice, clean, big and provide tremendous value. Nice kitchennete area with reasonable equipment. Staff were nice, efficient and competent. Only complaints about the property could be:
1. Marijuana smells in the hallway - which I personally don't have a problem with
2. Rooms generally smell musty

However, this hotel is located in a questionable neighborhood. The people hanging around that area seemed sketchy. There seem to be quite a few 911 calls in that region.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fpjupiter
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and the competence of our staff. Regarding the marijuana odor, I will be addressing with staff to better keep an eye out and to address accordingly. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night in mid-March 2013. The staff was friendly and efficient, and the room was very clean and functional. The location is a bit out of the way from downtown, but parking is easy. What more do you really want?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the room and was pleased by the staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night in February, 2013. Room was good: nice kitchen area with cooktop, microwave, and full size refrigerator. Comfortable bed. No bathroom amenities except soap. Very friendly and helpful staff. Poor first impression of the hotel, however. Sketchy people standing around the entrance smoking and flicking the butts into the garden areas. Lots of hocking and spitting monster lugies on the walkways. Also, unfriendly aggressive dog in the elevator. Yikes!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed with the appearance of the halls and entry way. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is walking the hallway multiple times daily and strictly enforcing the 25 foot rule. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at NGT@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

An overnight stay for business here in Seattle...As I mention before not a fan of the extended Stay's, except in a few States and the DELUXE versions. Here goes: after an East coast flight, and trying to get adjusted to the 3hrs+. I was ready for some needed Zzzzzz's when I popped into bed and saw NAIL CLIPPINGS looking back at me. I thought I had broken a nail. So was NOT mine!!!. EWWW on all levels. On top of that the high scent of cigarette in the halls, gave me a severe headache. Thought this was non-smoking hotel-ummm???
On a positive note..the front desk guy did call to make sure all is well with my stay and if I needed anything....

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The toe nail and smoke smell you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personnally addressing with housekeeping staff and front desk personel. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ngt@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.