Review Highlights
First taste of alpine climbing!

Reviewed October 2, 2018
Chloe M
via mobile
Beginners Mountaineering Class

Reviewed September 2, 2018
Joe D

All reviews rock climbing lead climbing north cascades skills instructor beginners safety outfit rocks techniques model knowledge insight washington
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Thank you, Mick! From starting off our trip not being able to complete our goal of summiting Shuksan due to weather restrictions, you really turned it around for all of us! We were bummed at first but after the experience you gave us, that attitude completely changed! It was a challenging and insanely rewarding summit we got to experience with Mick. Thank you for giving us the EXACT experience we hoped for and even more, and to keeping us safe and also making us feel safe in an early snow storm. KAF does it again!

Kaf A, Owner at Kaf Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thank you so much Chloe! You totally rocked it and pushed beyond your preconceived perception! A job well done!

Reviewed September 2, 2018

I got on here to write a 5 star review because I had such a great time with the class, and I was not surprised at all to see that all the reviews are 5 stars. The class really stood out for me because of a few reasons. First, it was a small class (3 people) so we each had plenty of time to interact with our guide. Secondly, it was interactive so we were asking questions and making things more like a conversation. Lastly, it was hands on so we were tying knots and walking around the parking lot as a roped team. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to get started with mountaineering.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

Our group of 13 and 14 year-old girls at She-Wolf Adventure Camp had an incredible time climbing with Anouk at Broughton Bluff near Portland, OR. Some of the girls were first time climbers and some were experienced--somehow Anouk figured out how to make the day fun and challenging for everyone, our guides included!

We will totally work with Kaf guides again in the future. Do it!

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I had the great privilege to visit the North Cascades with Todd as our guide. We came to this adventure with a variety of skill levels, and Todd kept us safe the whole time (maybe not the easiest job with our wild crew)! We learned so much, fell in love with the mountains, and can’t wait to come back for more. Thank you so much!

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

We are 5 friends from California who wanted to spend a weekend of backpacking in North Cascades Sahale Arms. Booking was easy and very flexible to how we want it. Although we didn't get the permit ( so full that weekend) , our awesome guide Todd was able to give us options. His alternative gave us epic views , safe exploration of the area and nonstop fun. It was indeed an epic experience. We plan to use the company again in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

If you want a 5-Star mountaineering experience, book a trip with Mick and his team at Kaf Adventures. From beginning to end they will help you build a memory that will last a lifetime. They will give you the instructions and tips you need to prepare yourself. They will work you hard, but not too hard and never beyond your limits. They will teach you the skills you need to be safe. They will feed you top-of-the-line food that will give you the fuel you need. And they will do their best to get you where you want to go, but never, never, never at the risk of your safety or others. And finally, they will make you laugh, reflect, relax (a bit), and do everything they can to make sure you keep your time with them in your 5-Star memory folder . . . forever. John Sullivan, 8/10/18

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

I joined kaf for a beginner and intermiadiate mountaineering course and it was a blast! I learned a lot and the guides were great! We spent three days on baker and had a successful summit day. I am now hooked on climbing and will be going back to kaf for the advanced course and learn to become proficient in the mountains! Oh and the food. Best backcountry meals I have ever had!

1  Thank Payton s
mick p, Owner at Kaf Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

thank you so much Payton! Such a pleasure to climb with you!

Reviewed May 14, 2018

We did a beginner/intermediate outdoor guided climb with a small 4 person group. Totally fun, totally safe, and well worth it! We went to the climbing gym for about a year as a group every 1-2 months and felt like this climb was a great experience! Beautiful short hike associated with it- went up two different rocks and felt like there was great variety in challenge and views. Lots of planning ahead of time and felt very looked after by our guide. Highly recommend.

mick p, Owner at Kaf Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Thanks for the review! So glad you joined us!

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Many thanks go to Kaf Adventures and our guide Archer for such an incredible experience climbing Mt. Baker earlier this month. A dream of mine for years finally became a reality that I was able to share with my daughter, Audrey. We got a little taste of mountaineering two years ago on a hike to Camp Muir and have been thinking of a return from Florida since to take on a bigger challenge. The two days we spend, guided by Archer, climbing in the Northern Cascades is something I’ll be thinking about for years to come with plans to return soon. The mountains are calling us. Archer was so patient, personable, and caring. My biggest concern going into this was safety for my 19 year old daughter and peace of mind for my wife, Josefina. He fit the bill ten times over. I feel I have made a trusted friend for life. We’ll be back with Archer as our guide, once again. I can’t wait for the day we can again enjoy the one of the most rewarding and inspiring activities of my lifetime. Thank you for the wonderful memories.

mick p, Owner at Kaf Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

We are so happy for the two of you. Thank you for trusting us with your family climb. We are honored to have shared the experience with you! Looking forward to your return!

Reviewed May 1, 2018

I recently participated in Kaf Adventures' Intermediate Climbing Class in Vantage, WA with a friend of mine. We were instructed by David Glissan, who was one-of-a-kind. David was exceptionally dialed with his technical skills and had the soft skills to match. The class was very informative, helpful, and a lot of fun. I would definitely take another class with Kaf Adventures and would especially recommend David Glissan.