“The Best Salted Caramels”
Review of Fran's Chocolates

Fran's Chocolates
Ranked #8 of 143 Dessert in Seattle
Description: Fran Bigelow's passion for chocolates began with her first taste of French confections in 1969. The rich and delicate flavors captivated her senses unlike anything she had experienced. In 1982, she opened Fran's Patisserie and Chocolate Specialties in Seattle, finding special satisfaction in sharing the pure joy of chocolates with her customers. Her pursuit of perfection led to intense, exquisite confections and earned Fran's a following that has never stopped frowning and has expanded to international recognition. Devotion to furthering the art of chocolate is reflected in every recipe and method, and each confection is made in small batches with meticulous care and skill. Dedicated to partnering with producers who have strong ethical, social, and environmental standards, Fran's proudly creates handcrafted, artisan confections using Fairtrade and Organic ingredients.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had bought these decadent chocolates while I was there in June staying at the Four Seasons. The shop was right down stairs from the hotel. It was so convenient for me to buy gifts to take home.
Months later, friends and my staff are craving these salted caramels so, I bought boxes of them to have shipped to California. The coconut bars and the macadamia bars are excellent.

I will definetly buy these as Christmas and holiday gifts this year for clients and everyone important on my list.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am not a chocaholic. I like chocolate but can pass it up. When my brother suggested visiting Fran's Chocolate in Seattle to buy a gift for a friend who is crazy about chocolate, I thought it was just another great chocolate store. And people who know native Seattleites know that they think everything in Seattle is the best. We entered the modern sleek Fran's Chocolate store on First Avenue and were greeted with a sales person offering us a salted caramel. And I was hooked. The combination of the chocolate, caramel and salt was heavenly. The shining glass shelves and cabinets showcase the chocolates an gift items beautifully wrapped in chocolate brown and lime green. I made my difficult decision for the gift and the receiver loved it. We sat in the shop and had a chocolate coffee latte which was so smooth and heavenly and of course served with a chocolate......wonderful. They say there really is a Fran and she has a special recipe. I heard that her chocolates were also a part of one of the gift bags for the stars at the Emmys or one of those Hollywood parties. A great stop.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a local store but with high-end and creative chocolate. A little on the pricey side but well worth it. My favorite was the chocolate thins with sea salt: there's nothing wrong with salty and sweet.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our Seattle by Foot coffee tour guide recommended them. One sample and we couldn't wait for more! Nice gift to bring home also.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Try the gold coconut bar and the hot chocolate. Expensive, but amazing.