“Wow...#1 must do in Seattle”

Seattle Free Walking Tours
Ranked #3 of 162 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: No
Owner description: Seattle's only "Pay what you feel" tours! The Market Experience (1.25 hours, register online) Our whirlwind tour of Pike Place Market including samples and vender interaction. Seattle 101(2 hours, register online) Our world renowned city tour sharing all of our favorite ways to engage the Emerald City. You can do both tours the same day! Both tours meet at Victor Steinbrueck Park (2001 Western Ave) in between the 2 totem poles. Look for the guide with an SFWT flag. All tours run rain or shine, dress to impress Mother Nature. Contact us directly to book private group tours for your business, school, convention, or family gathering.
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I did both the free tours. Seattle 101...wonderful background/history and lots of great tips on how to get the most out of your visit to Seattle. We found ourselves sharing lots of interesting facts with family, all in Seattle for a wedding. My son recommended the one-hour Market Experience and I booked 9 family members on this tour, and Jason did not disappoint! Even my young nephews (6&9) enjoyed it. The nine-year-old got to catch a fish. I highly recommend both tours. Thanks Jason.

All reviews
"his knowledge"
in 15 reviews
"hour tour"
in 27 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 24 reviews
"informative tour"
in 15 reviews
"pike place"
in 35 reviews
"fun facts"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Yes, it's really free and our guide, Jake, was fabulous. Similar to free tours in Europe; at the end of the tour, you pay whatever you think it was worth. It starts near the Pike Place Market and includes most of the downtown area including Pioneer Square. Excellent way to learn about Seattle!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We did both the market and the Seattle 101 tour, both were very good the host was light hearted, interesting and entertaining but the market tour was my favourite as everything is close close by there are lots of stops and opportunities for the host to tell you about the place. And the food you taste is amazing! The city fish smoked salmon was like no smoked salmon I had ever tasted before the chili jams amazing and I loved the lavender ice cream. Go on this tour hungry and you will love it!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We did the Pike Place Market tour with Jake on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon. The Market is massive, with many levels, and hundreds of different kind of stores. Jake did a great job explaining the history of the market as well as the flavor of the current vendors. Jake's enthusiasm and goofy sense of humor were infectious, and he had my family of three teenagers as well as 10 or so other guests engaged and having fun. We stopped at two fish sellers, a few produce stands, a pickle place and more where we chatted with the staff, tried samples and learned about their business. Although Jake was using the tour to help promote these businesses, neither he nor the market sellers were pushy or off-putting. In fact, they were all amazingly cheery, fun loving and informative. The staff at the fish stand where they throw the fish were particularly entertaining. Jake does a great job and his model of pay what you feel was a nice way to run this tour. I was pleasantly surprised how much we all enjoyed the hour and a quarter, and paid what I thought 5 people would pay for a quality tour. I highly recommend this tour.