Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed 6 days ago
kohkoh
Paradise Point, Australia

1,110 results
All reviews market tour market experience great tour free samples insider tips guide jake great introduction free tour pike market his passion food samples pioneer square hour tour highly recommend this tour his knowledge interesting facts great information
Reviewed 5 days ago

Free and fabulous. Joe our guide promised accuracy and delivered - samples of smoked salmon, samples of crispy apple - tips on Dungeness Crab deals - chats with fish throwers - tips on clean restrooms - and a wonderful history of the Pike Place Market. We gave Joe a big tip and would recommend him to locals and tourists alike.

Reviewed 6 days ago

We took this tour with Jake. He was very knowledgeable about Seattle as well as funny. He told lots of jokes and we were polite and laughed, only kidding he was great.

We met at Pikes Market and the tour lasted about two hours. We learned a lot about Seattle and based on his info we took the ferry next day to Bainbridge. We would not have known about this ferry so very useful info for us.

We enjoyed this tour very much and I certainly recommend it.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

He underhandedly insulted his audience. He bashed Starbucks (which let’s be honest, employees hundreds of thousands of people globally). He told us to go to Brisbane... nothing was there and that was a waste of a trip. He kept bashing the city itself and talking about the nature outside the city, which is cool, but we came here to see Seattle. He also said he wasn’t going to enfuse his personal opinion, and then gave it. It was my 25th walking tour and the only one I regretted.

Jake S, Owner at Seattle Free Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

This is not a review for Seattle Free Walking Tours. This review has been posted on behalf of one of our competitors and is intended harm to our organization. There is nothing honest or accurate about the information provided in this review. I encourage everyone to read our many other reviews as those have been posted by real attendees giving their honest opinion.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This “introductory lecture” on Seattle given by Shawn covered all the famous places of Downtown Seattle. It was a lovely and entertaining Sunday morning with hilarious stories about local superheroes, the great fire of 1889, the totem poll and many more. After taking this tour you know Downtown Seattle by heart and have some nice recommendations for food, drinks, and further explorations of the city. Strongly recommended!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Loved the way Joe delivered lots of information on his hometown; he was both fun and informative, he had the same enthousiasm as if he had been giving the tour for the first time!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great tour - entertaining and informative. Learned a good deal of Seattle history including the the Great Seattle Fire of 1889 and Chief Seattle. The walk should be easy enough for most and the online free ticketing is easy as well. Should be interesting for all ages.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My friend I was travelling with convinced me to do the market and Seattle 101 tour. It's not usually my sort of thing being that I work in tourism and periodically guide excursions myself. All I can say is I'm so glad we did them. Our guide Joe was in a league of his own, very entertaining, fun, knowlegable and a genuine likeable guy, I cannot praise him enough. Thoughrally enjoyed both tours and would say they were the high points of our 3 days in Seattle. This is a must if visiting the city.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Jake was our guide. He was really knowledgeable, had a good sense of humour, was engaging, and very happy to answer any and all questions. We couldn’t have asked for more. You will have seen that participants determine their contribution and technically don’t have to pay anything for this tour. I hope everyone did the right thing and contributed a sensible amount. Top shelf.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It's pay what you feel, so you can't really go wrong, but trust me this is one of the best walking tours of nearly 20 I've been on. Information on the history of Seattle, the geography of the area, the native people the current landscape and the future, plus any tangents you might want to take it on, with plenty of humour thrown in, an easy 5/5

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my walking tour with Joe, who was a knowledgeable local with a great sense of humour. The tour gives you a nice background into Seattle's history and gives you great nuggets of information you wouldn't normally learn visiting on your own. I'd definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting Seattle. It's definitely worth your time and donation!