“Lovely Atmosphere, but Weird Seating”
Review of Cinerama

Cinerama
Ranked #5 of 76 Fun & Games in Seattle
Reviewed October 27, 2017

I'm too used to AMC and Regal seating to really enjoy this cinema. You get a nice view of the big screen, but also a nice view of everyone else's head in front of you. The people are more mature than the typical movie-goers you encounter at AMC/Regal. Parking as usually is a challenge in Seattle, so I recommend coming early to find good street parking.

All reviews
"chocolate popcorn"
in 54 reviews
"huge screen"
in 11 reviews
"reserved seating"
"paul allen"
in 8 reviews
"great place to watch a movie"
in 6 reviews
in 4 reviews
"auditorium"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 20, 2017

This is a great cinema, where a movie screening as an event ....to be enjoyed comfortably, at its best, in sumptuous surroundings. It's not just an excuse to sell pop-corn. (Pop-corn is available of course, and is very good).

Reviewed August 4, 2017

We stopped here for an afternoon movie and it was great! The sweet smell of fresh, chocolatey popcorn greets you at the door. The auditorium is huge, including a balcony, which is where we sat and had no problem seeing the large screen. My kids had never experienced a 70mm movie and on a such a large screen (that wasn't IMAX)... Definitely a walk down memory lane. You can choose your seats at purchase, we leaves you time to check out the costumes and grab a bag of delicious, chocolate popcorn.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Living in New York we have the opportunity to go to great movie theaters but none are as amazing as Cinerama! Such a great experience! It has one theater and the concession stand is amazing!! All I have to say is beer and chocolate covered popcorn! Must go!!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 24, 2017

Come here to dwell in the art of the cinema. It's all about a large screen (however - not too large. It doesn't make one sick like I have felt at IMAX theaters before). The surround sound is optimal, and I am sure there is another name for it, some tradmarked term, but for me, it surrounded me, and brought me all the way inside the movie.

I heard they removed seats, to enable one to have enough leg room AND for people to walk by. It's slanted enough to be able to see even if you're short and seated behind an NBA player (well maybe Steph Curry, but not Kevin Durant).

Upscale eats and drinks cap off a super enjoyable evening that had me wanting to return to drop the top $$ for ticket, since it is SOOOO much more worth it than any of the chain theaters.

FYI - just try to be ok with a small popcorn bag. The large looks like you just went to QFC and filled a full sized shopping bag. The mixed regular & chocolate popcorn is delish, but it's a bit over the top. Next time I'll go savory and try a beer and pretzel!