“Great movie-going experience”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great movie-going experience”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I'm lucky, this is my neighborhood movie theatre. Home of the largest Cinerama screen in the world, it's a treat when the 3-projector films are played.

Purchased and renovated by billionaire Paul Allen, the Cinerama sports the more most advanced digital projection and sound systems. Modern movies (2D, 3D) are a fully immersive experience - putting the multiplexes to shame.

Classic film buffs will appreciate the full 70mm projection capability. A remastered print of Lawrence of Arabia was so beautiful at the Cinerama, I almost cried.

Genre fans should check out the annual Sci-Fi film festival. Underwritten by uber-fan Paul, the festival shows films you will not likely see anywhere else.

2 Thank 444RayS

Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Iron Man 3 on the 'big screen'”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A self-described 'film nerd' friend of ours recommended that we see something at Cinerama while in Seattle, and it just so happened to be the opening week for 'Iron Man 3' in 3D. While it may seem kind of silly to travel hundreds of miles and go see a movie we could have seen at home, this was a wonderful experience and I'd definitely recommend this theatre to anyone, regardless of what's showing! We bought tickets online in advance in our hotel's business center and were able to walk there easily from our downtown hotel. The lobby was abuzz with people, and we decided to try the chocolate popcorn (definitely worth it) before finding our seats. We sat in the very back row of the top balcony and still couldn't fit the screen in our photo! When the curtain opened, it was a weirdly exciting moment as the audience cheered. The movie was great, and the audience reactions were half the fun. People clapped at the end of the film and stayed all through the credits for the final 'bonus scene' at the end of the film.

If you are in Seattle and can catch a movie here (or even two, since they only show one film at a time for a short period of time!), I'd strongly encourage you to do so. I think anyone of any age would enjoy this.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank rubybeth
Scottsdale, Arizona
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Memories”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I attended Cinerama after I learned it was still in Seattle because I used to go all of the time and at the risk of dating myself, saw "How the west was won" there in the 1960's. The theater has been completely renovated by its current owner
and paking is plentiful nearby. There are many good restaurants close by such as 13 Coins which an old favorite in Seattle. We enjoyed our
revisit and the memories were many.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Roger M
Vancouver
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great movie experience!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Came to Seattle for a Seahawks game and some sight seeing (Chihuly exhibit = awesome, space needle and rock music museum = average).. Had a night free and my bf surprised me by finding this place and going to see Skyfall. It was an awesome experience and a highlight of the trip! Cool balcony level, which we luckily got to sit front row and centre! Roomy, comfortable seats, old school vibe and chocolate popcorn! Still one of my favorite moments of the trip!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank TravelBugger83
Kansas City, Missouri
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great movie watching experience”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We saw the latest Bond movie at the Cinerama. I had heard that this theater was specifically built for the best movie watching experience ... and it was! I don't know how many hundreds of people it can hold but the screen is huge, the seating is very comfortable, video quality was excellent, and the audio acoustics and quality were also as good as I've heard anywhere else or better. And yes, the chocolate popcorn is not only very tasty but also quite affordable. Buy tickets online and avoid the ticket line.

Visited November 2012