“Great Location, Comfortable Rooms, nice restaurant”

Seattle Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #49 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 26, 2006

We stayed at this hotel 6/21-6/24 2006. This hotel is down on the waterfront, near everything. Our room included 2 doubles with that fabulous Marriott bedding, including a small terrace. The view of the harbor was spectacular. No refrigerator in the room, but one was sent up at no charge. The small pool is "indoor outdoor", partly in the building and partly outside. My eight year old daughter loved it. The Fish Club restaurant was excellent, if a bit pricey. We used Marriott flex anytime awards, which were 25,000 miles per day from American Express. These awards included a great breakfast buffet including smoked salmon and huge prawns. The room rate was about $330 per night, plus about $30.00 worth of breakfast, so the award was very good value. The free #99 bus/streetcar runs in front of the hotel and will take you up to within 3 blocks of the Seattle Center, which includes the Pacific Science Center and Space Needle, and direcly up to Pioneer Square. You can walk to the aquarium, and to the argosy cruise dock. An elevator immediately adjacent to the hotel whisks you up to the Pike Street market area. As another person wrote, park in the Wall street garage, near the World Trade Center East elevator. It takes you up to a walkway and then to an elevator down to street level, a few hundred feet from the hotel. This is $12.00 per day, vs $28 at the hotel. The bell people wil give directions if you ask.

6  Thank takelson
Write a ReviewReviews (1,782)

Reviewed June 20, 2006

We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront -- received a free upgrade (from a waterfront view) to a room with panoramic views (from windows on 2 walls) of Mt. Ranier & the waterfront. The room & bathroom were nice & typical Marriott. Our only issue was with the curtains. They were thin, more like liners. There were no other drapes to darken the room, so with all the city & harbor lights, the room stayed pretty lit all night.

The location was great -- we walked down to Pike's Market and along the waterfront. I would take the other reviewer's idea about alternative parking as the parking fees were pretty high here. We were here just part of 1 day, so we didn't have time to venture too much further out to see other sights.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank Bryan_Traveller
Reviewed May 21, 2006

Great bartender! Thanks Shari for the fresh squeezed Cosmos.

Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank telleaux
Reviewed May 15, 2006

My sister and I recently stayed at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront. It was the most enjoyable experience. We stayed on the conceige level, paid abit more for this room but well worth the money. When we called the conceige line, it was answered prompty and were great with directions and bus schedules. Located along the waterfront it is within walking distance to all pier activities and Pike's Market. We felt very safe walking home from finner cruise at 11 pm. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank transcona
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas Fort Worth
Reviewed April 4, 2006

My husband and I spent 4 days at the Marriott Waterfront. We were there to visit my daughter who is in the Coast Guard. The service was perfect. Our room was clean and the maids went out of their way to please us in every way. The management made a point to speak to us and inquire about our visit. The resturant associated with the hotel had very good food. It was a little pricey but we expected that from Seattle. The only downer I would mention is the parking. Even though we didn't bring a car, our guests had to pay to park in order to visit us in the hotel. The parking was pricey $30.00 daily. Other than that I look forward to a second visit in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2006
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 13, 2006

Drop dead views of the Bay, easy walk to Pike's Place and any number of great restaurants and 4 star service.

I attended a Microsoft conference held in the hotel. Decided that the $279 was justified as I would have paid any difference in cab fees or parking for a cheaper hotel and spent time in transit.

Beautiful 4 star facility. Lobby is lovely. Bathrooms are well appointed - think marble counters and lots of space.

Highly recommended if your budget allows, or if it is a business travel expense.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed February 25, 2006

I'm reading some of the lavish reviews of the Marriott Waterfront and I'm wondering if the people who wrote them and I stayed in the same hotel. Yes, the Waterfront has a terrific view location and it's near the Pike Place Market. It's a relatively new hotel and the rooms are nice. But I'd never stay there again. Two reasons: Some significant flaws in the service delivery, and second, and more importantly, their utter indifference to my polite complaints about those problems.

First, the flaws:
A room heating system so loud I had trouble sleeping.
No hot water for a morning shower.
No shower caps or bathrobe in a premium hotel
A big hole in the middle of a bath towel.

Second, their reaction.
When I went to the desk to check out ($379 for room, taxes, parking and a meal for one.), I politely mentioned to the clerk the issues above. Her only response was that I should have called down to get a shower cap. No apology. No promise to look into the situation and certainly no offer of even the smallest compensation. All the empathy I got from her was "Sign here."

I'm not a flagrant complainer, so I waited until the next day to call the hotel. I talked with the operations manager. He listened and promised to take up my issues with the manager. Its now been 10 days with no follow-up. No call. No letter. No expression of concern.
I don't enjoy writing negative reviews, but I feel the disparity between the price I paid (in mid-winter) and the response I got merits recounting my experience. I hope yours is better.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business