“Excellent location, spectacular views, perfect calm chowder” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seattle Marriott Waterfront

Seattle Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Chicago, United States
“Excellent location, spectacular views, perfect calm chowder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I randomly booked this hotel through a Hotels.com sale and was thrilled at my luck. It's located steps away from Pike Street and the Wharf. The hotel itself is very nice, well kept, quiet, and efficient. My room was great, but I barely noticed it with such amazing views. I kept the door to my balcony open all night so that I could enjoy the view and sounds of the water. They aren't exaggerating when they say their clam chowder is deserving of the honors it's been awarded. It has some bacon in it that gives it a unique flavor and makes it the best chowder I've ever had!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kelly W
Jenn S, Executive Assistant at Seattle Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind words Kelly! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and all the amenities we are able to offer. Being right below the Pike’s Market is a huge plus for us and our guest. I am glad you were able to try our award winning chowder, I believe it is the best I’ve ever had as well. If your travels ever bring you back to Seattle, it is my hope we are able to host you again.

Jenn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Korean first
Mantorville, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is not the cheapest hotel option, but we found this hotel to be very nice. The view from most of the rooms looks out over the Puget Sound. The hotel is centrally located with easy access to many of Seattle's top sights. The check-in process went very smoothly with helpful staff at both the curb and at the front desk. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The pool and spa are nicely equipped and well-kept. The attached restaurant was pricey...we ate there two mornings, choosing their made-to-order buffet. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing Puget Sound.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and also glad that you experienced our caring service and great hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and were greeted by an extremely helpful staff. We were traveling with my 3 month old son and had a bit of baggage and miscellaneous items to get to our room. The process from the valet to our room was seamless, check in probably took a total of 3 minutes. Our room waterfront room was clean nicely furnished and had an amazing view. We will be back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ccombes44
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at The Seattle Marriott Waterfront! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Robinson, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice, clean hotel. Right across the street from where the cruise ships pick you up. Good location if you are taking a cruise.

Its a bit pricey. There are no perks at this hotel. We had a bottle of water left in our room, thought it was for us until I got the bill. Parking is very expensive. My husband and I aren't big people, but we found the beds were very small. Thought because we paid extra that we would have a good view, didn't happen, the view was the hotel next door.

Room Tip: Don't pay for a view, its not worth it. There are only a few rooms with balconies and you can n...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review on July 29, 2013. I am sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction, and we failed you on that. I will address your concerns with my team. We hope you will consider staying with us again and allow us the opportunity to turn your negative experience into a positive one.

Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here during a company conference at the Bell Harbor Center just across the street. If I were a tourist, this would be a great location, just across from the Puget Sound waterfront attractions, a short walk to Pikes Market and downtown shopping. Since I wasn't a tourist, my evaluation is based on a business-type stay.
Everything was in order. The rooms are very sunny and well furnished, lots of plugs for the laptop/tablet etal. Bathrooms were well-lit and roomy, good towels, quiet ventilation. Very polite front desk personnel. There is a Starbucks right across the driveway in the next building.
The one thing that was missing? An in-room safe. No place to store my valuables during meetings. I thought this was strange that there was no in-room safe because it is pretty standard now at most reputable hotels.
The other thing was that the hotel work-out room was fairly uninspiring, so I went walking instead.
But, if my company has the same venue for the conference next year, you can bet I will stay at the Marriott again.

Room Tip: Ask for a West-facing room with a balcony to get the view of the Puget Sound.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jenn S, Executive Assistant at Seattle Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are actively looking for ways to improve our guest's experience in our hotel rooms. I will be sharing your comments with our team.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Towson, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

This experience follows on the heels of a disappointing experience at the Essex House in NYC. I'm only happy we used our Marriott points (may have to change rewards card!).

Room: Average for the location and cost. Clean and a good room for business.
Bath: Towels were subpar -- thin and small.
Breakfast and/or buffet: Best part of the hotel, but $$

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! I will be sharing this feedback with our team, we are committed to providing our guest with a relaxing and restful experience.

Bavaria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We are Marriott Platinum Members and whenever possible stay in hotels of the Marriott family. We are usually very happy with our stay. This property, however, was disappointing.
First the good points: great location at the waterfront, near to Pike Place Market and the Space Needle. Nice room, very clean, and housekeeping was good.
We had reserved our room months before arrival. However, only after arrival we learned that the pool was closed, and that it had been closed for some time. With an internet reservation, the hotel has an email adress, so could have told people before. No refund was offered - they offer free soft drinks and free internet in a converted room, but for rewards members with lounge access that is not really a compensation. They also offer a lift to a sister property with a pool - but what if you arrive there and find the pool crowded?
The executive lounge is in a nice location, but the staff there is hardly professional. For some days, two of the options on the coffee machine were out of order. Food is good, but is not refilled promptly.
At check-in we showed our platinum card but the front desk person did not ask if we preferred points or a gift. Instead, she wanted to sell us an internet package. Obviously, she did not know that free internet comes with platinum status. Needless to say, our reward points were not credited in time and we had to deal with a missing stay request.
All things considered it seems to me the hotel gets a lot of customers due to its great location and does not really care about guests. We were not asked at check-out if our stay had been good.
We understand that sometimes an inconvenience cannot be avoided, but considering the extremely high rates at this hotel, we felt that the performance was, indeed, poor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LizBavaria
Jenn S, Executive Assistance at Seattle Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that there were few enjoyable moments while on your trip. I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience of our pool closure, I know how frustrating that may have been. We appreciate your understanding as our pool underwent emergency maintenance.

Thank you for bringing the concierge lounge and front desk issues to my attention, I will be sharing your concerns of the quality of service you experienced with our team. Please know this is not the image we would like to have portrayed.

Again, I’d like to thank you for your feedback. If your travels bring you back to Seattle, it is our hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again.