“On the water in Seattle”

Seattle Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #46 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Kailua
“On the water in Seattle”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Generally enjoyed my stay here. Room was clean and quiet, I requested a bathrobe from the desk and they brought it up right away. I requested a high floor and an early checkin and all were ready for me. View from the 7th floor is of the marina across alaska way (hotel is across the street from the water).
The gym was small but effective and I could say the same of the pool. My criticism is that at dinner my waitress claimed to be giving me something gluten free that had cake on the bottom (clearly no gluten free) but I spotted it first so happily I was not sick. The fee for parking there is expensive but it is a city so that's what you get.
Lance at the front desk was wonderful.

Room Tip: High floor, so you can see the water I was in 750 and loved it
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank inowreview

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Korean first
Edgewood, Washington
Reviewed April 15, 2013

1. not actually waterfront....train tracks and road infront.
2.no robes in room
3.concerige room closed on weekend
4.pool closed at 11pm....but the pool did have perfect temp....and very clean.
5.i am a platimum member, which gives upgrades.....i don't think upgrage was anything.
6. neighbors were noisy...
7.work out room, had 4 treadmills, only one worked perfect, one if you are taler than 5'6" you will hit head on celing, one complety out of order, one tv didn't work.
8. elevators worked very well, and very fast.
9.vallet service was horrable, rude, and super slow no matter how long you gave them notice to get your car, and way over priced $100 for two days...
i will not stay there again, it was the worst marriott service i have ever had, complete dissapointment.

Room Tip: use other marriott up the hill, in down town, much better everything...i have staye there a few time...
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 11, 2013

For being a more "upscale" Marriott, I was not all that impressed. It was located on the water, but there werent any real good views. I had a "balcony" which you could fit about a foot on. I had an omelet made in the morning and it was SOAKING in oil. Absolutely gross and I had to send it back. My TV wouldn't work and they werent able to fix it. It is a fair walking distance from restaurants, but not too far. I received my bill via email a few days after checking out and it had local and long distance phone charges on it....would would use a hotel phone in the age of cell phones?! I called to have them removed and did not have a very pleasant person assisting me. She was questioning if I actually stayed there!? It was crazy. I recommend finding another hotel that will value you more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travelnut5613
Napa, California
Reviewed April 11, 2013

First stay in this property was very impressive. Fantastic views, great location w/elevator up to Pike's Market area and waterfront walking distance to ferries. Rooms are small but very well appointed w/upscale details and furnishings. Beds very comfy, but ask for extra pillows as they are small. One of the best Concierge full breakfasts I've had anywhere (for Elite members). Staff is friendly, professional and accommodating. Can be a bit pricey ($179-$219), but a great choice if its in your budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water w/floor to ceiling windows, some of them have small "decks"...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The service was excellent and the response to concerns were immediate and very positive. Our room was spacious, the bed extremely comfortable and the water view although limited was a real asset.
The room rate was on the high side but the inclusion of the buffet breakfast (fabulous selection and very courteous servers) along with the overall ammenties and service proved the extra cost was more than worth it.
It was our 36th anniversary and the management/staff provided a wonderful Wine & cheese plate which made our stay that much more memorable. Thank you Alysha.

Room Tip: Hotel is adjacent to rail line (freight) and even numbered rooms ending above 60 (on south end) you...
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a business trip and decided to add a couple of days to enjoy a state I love! This hotel provided everything we needed for both a mini vacation and a business trip. As a Platinum Elite with Marriott we were upgraded to a balcony over looking the waterfront. Our room was nice and had all the amenities expected.
The restaurant was very good, we were craving clam chowder the day we arrived but didn't want to walk anywhere, since it was late. Turns out the clam chowder here was award winning, seriously. We ate chowder elsewhere on our trip and no where even compared! Definitely try it if you stay here and like clam chowder!
With the recent construction our GPS was confused a few times getting to and from the hotel but it was a great location for walking the waterfront!
Not a WOW hotel but a very nice one and perfect for what we needed! I just wish Marriott would change their stupid tiny pillows!

Room Tip: Room 822 is on the top floor with the Concierge kitchen close but not too close. Wonderful straight...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
St. Louis Missouri
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the Marriot waterfront in Seattle for two evenings and it was fantastic! They went above and beyond to make our stay a great one. They were so kind to send a sweet gift for a birthday celebration. The rooms were lovely, the beds fabulous, and the view exceptional. The hike to Pikes Market is a small one - just 5 minutes and close to all other downtown activities. We ate in the resort restaurant and it was good - although rather pricey. The workout gym is great - and they provide complimentary head sets for the gym equipment and apples. The on site store is nice - but VERY expensive. The parking too is outrageous - at $48 dollars per night (with tax) - and forced valet. However, beyond that we would recommend to all and stay again when visiting Seattle.