Seattle Marriott Waterfront
$461
$423
  • Pool
1,855 results
All reviewsacross the streethook plowthe concierge loungepike place marketgreat locationsmall balconyspace needletrain tracksferris wheelcruise shipwithin walking distancewater viewbay viewgreat wheelelliott baylobby barstreet level
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Picked this hotel for convenience. We flew into Seattle and rented a car from Hertz located right in the lobby of the hotel. Half the price of renting from the airport and since we stayed our last few nights at the hotel we turned the car back in and saved enough from expensive parking to more then pay for transportation to and from the airport. (Note: the hotel has it's own towncar service that's the same price as cab fare and a much nicer ride). The rooms were clean, comfortable, well attended and a decent size for the money. You can walk anywhere in downtown Seattle with ease from the hotel. The staff was the most courteous and helpful I have ever seen at a hotel and we have stayed in some pretty swank places.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TomT127
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip, but the ideal waterfront location allowed me to explore Seattle in my free time. It's just a short walk to the Public Market, the original Starbucks and Nordstrom's. There's an outdoor elevator that takes you up and down the steepest part, but you have to be okay with going up and down hills to walk the neighborhood. Ferry piers and numerous seafood restaurants also within short walk. The downside is that it's not cheap. It's a typical friendly Marriott where the room is nice but everything else is pay as you go. Breakfast and internet are extra. Parking is valet and expensive so it helps if you don't bring a car. There's a Starbucks next door if you need quick breakfast and a free connection. I needed a late checkout, which should be a benefit of my status with Marriott, but there was a charge of almost $60 dollars.

Room Tip: I was a little worried about the noise level because of a large group of Green Bay football fans near my room on the 3rd floor, but with the door closed it was QUIET.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This property has a terrific location along the Seattle waterfront. It is an easy 5 minutes walk to Pike Place Market, arguably the soul of Seattle. It is also a close walk to the piers to take harbor cruises, numerous restaurants serving great seafood and the Seattle Aquarium. We had a room facing the Elliot Bay and waterfront, which was very nice. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful, which helped make our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here for a week while visiting family.
Location is great, close to Pike Market and across the street from the sound.
Parking at the hotel is an expensive rip off. Sadly I needed a car to get about in Seattle.
The gym is adequate, cardio machines and a rack of weights. Why don't these hotels put in a cable rack and a few weight machines.
Pool is clean and was quiet.
Free laundry facilities were a nice bonus. Although I asked a maid to take some clothes out the drier and put them in my room when they were dry as we were then heading out. I gave her 5 dollars for this but when we got back that afternoon there were no clothes in the room and I found them all creased still in the drier. Never saw the maid again. I assume she was a maid and not a guest :-)
The shop in the hotel was well stocked with drinks, snacks and magazines and also do Danish and coffee but there is a Starbucks across the entrance drive from the hotel.
Internet was also expensive.
I booked his room a couple of months ago and asked for a water view room but was told on checking in this wasn't available but no compensation or rebate was offered.
It's a decent hotel, friendly staff, basic gym, nice pool.

Rooms were clean

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave P
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I recently took a great trip to the Pacific Northwest. The Seattle Marriott Waterfront is in a terrific location. The hotel is very nice, but honestly, it lacks amenities. The lobby bar is okay, has about 10 seats at it and 2 TVs. Aside from that the hotel does have good restaurant. We had dinner there and the food was great but service was average. It was 9:30pm and the staff was trying to clear everyone out. The cut the bartender after we sat at the bar. Just seemed really odd. The hostess was no where to be found as we watched several other people come in and try to be seated for dinner. It was a Friday night, should have been better staffed. The rooms were comfortable, although we were in a corner room facing the train tracks - trains didn't run over night but started very early for a Saturday morning. They are located on the waterfront just down from Pike's Market so it was easy to walk to many attractions. We will stay there again. We will just be prepared to find a better spot to watch games and eat our meals.

Room Tip: Ask to be farther away from train tracks.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple