“Feel like you are in Japan.”
Review of Uwajimaya

Uwajimaya
Ranked #7 of 188 Shopping in Seattle
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Feel like you are in Japan.”
Reviewed November 18, 2003

If you want to feel like you have just landed in another country, take a trip to Uwajimaya. It is a very large Japanese supermarket with excellent and unusual produce and all kinds of food from Japan and other parts of Asia, as well as some staple items from the US. Since taking a trip to Japan, my husband and I shop there at least once a week to buy our food, especially for our daily Japanese breakfasts. And my favorite green tea is from there - "My Green Tea" Kukicha. They also have several restaurants within the store as well as wonderful household items and gifts including tea bowls, cups and pots, chop sticks, rice cookers, Hello Kitty galour, origami paper (my new love) cards, kimonos, slippers, etc. And there is a wonderful bookstore nextstore which has an enormous variety of books in Japanese as well as English. So if you want to take a trip to Japan, you only need to come to Seattle.

6 Thank robinreich