“Get the Brussels sprouts”
Review of Trace Seattle

Trace Seattle
Reserve with OpenTable
Trace Seattle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #451 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Seneca
Description: Trace, lead by Executive Chef Steven Ariel, is a must-try for foodies, where a “localist” focus means a menu filled with contemporary, inventive dishes using regional specialties including farm fresh produce, sustainably caught seafood. Trace offers dynamic hand-crafted cocktails and liquor from regional distilleries, a wine list featuring notable Washington State wineries in addition to choice domestic and international selections from California, Oregon, France, and Italy.
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We came in at 12:20 on a Thursday night. Quite a lot of people still there. The Brussels sprouts were amazing so yummy. My drink was good too. A little expensive for after 12 midnight and very confusing menu. But the gentlemen running the bar accommodated me with the sprouts even though it was after the cut off midnight. They were a little hoyty toyty but you know I'm very casual so that stuff doesn't impress. In fact it comes off a little snobby. All in all okay experience. Atmosphere great

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We ate here during Seattle’s Restaurant Week. The interior space is decorated in a lovely fashion. However, the space is noisy making conversation a little challenging.
The service is very attentive.
Three courses for $28.00. It was an excellent deal.
The menu was an eclectic mix of choices. I started with a salad that had four pieces of sashimi on it. The fish was unexpected and excellent.
Next was a flank steak. Very tough. On the side were garlic fries. The fries had too much garlic.
Desert was a cobbler. I can’t remember what type. I only know I needed the ice cream off the top to put out the fire from the garlic fries.
It was a fun dining adventure but I’m not sure I’d go back.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We enjoyed our meal very much--unique items, carefully prepared. Service was excellent. And the room is interesting, full of W touches.
However, the dining room flows directly into the bar, and on a Friday at around 9, the restaurant was sparsely populated, the bar wasn't full yet, and the music was incongruously loud. The staff kindly turned it down for us, however. I'm sure by 11:30 the whole environment would have made sense.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've never eaten in an indoor restaurant with gnats. Killed about. 30 and 4 drowned in the wine before I could catch them. Yuk.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We ate breakfast 2 mornings in a row and thought the food was really good and the presentation was fantastic! The service was also very good but the meal was very pricey. $50 for 2 for breakfast.