“Wheeeee!!!!!! This One is Worth Your Time!!!”

Seattle Pinball Museum
Ranked #6 of 68 Fun & Games in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come enjoy a truly unique Seattle experience. Play the largest public pinball collection in the Pacific Northwest. 50 plus games on free play with your paid admission. Located in the heart of Chinatown/International District. Also available vintage soda, bottled craft beer, ciders and snacks. Children 6 years and under are always welcome to observe.
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

When I was a kid, my parents considered arcade games the ultimate waste of money. I would look longingly at the games at the local Pizza Hut but the answer, if I dared to ask, was always a resounding NO!!! I've been pinball deprived my whole life til now. :-(

So what a thrill to give the nice lady my ten bucks, and play to my heart's content.

Pinball machines are lined up along two walls of a small storefront. Once you get your wristband, you can play any game, as often as you like, although there are notes reminding players to be courteous if there's a line. Small placards give a brief history of older machines. The museum is in an older building but is clean and well lit, somewhat noisy from competing machines, and the few other players there when we were , were just nice folks, not some kind of arcade rats.

I have long wanted to play Stern's Lord of the Rings game (massive Tolkien fan, hence the user ID) and they had one there, which I was able to stake out while my husband circulated playing other games. I may have had an embarrassing top score of 12,000,000, but I just thoroughly enjoyed myself. Getting to play the game for a couple of hours straight was well worth $10, and my husband enjoyed himself, too. He particularly liked the AC/DC game.

Light snacks and canned drinks are available at the counter. The museum was hard for us to find for some reason. I guess the neon sign in the window was washed out due to the bright sunshine. It is immediately to the right of Gossip Tea, in a narrow space, so it's easy to overlook.

On another note, for the reviewers who have commented on panhandlers and homeless in Chinatown and that it is a "bad area", I felt exactly the reverse. Pioneer square, about six or seven blocks away is a sea of sketchy characters, but the numbers dropped off the closer we got to Chinatown, and disappeared once we got in it (Chinatown itself appears to consist of a bazillion little restaurants, some Chinese gates, and some nift dragons atop phone poles. Otherwise, it looks like the rest of Seattle we've seen. )

If you're looking for a fun, different thing to do, the Seattle Pinball Museum is a blast.

3  Thank springlering

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This museum was a lot of fun. You can play some of the very first pinball machines and some of the very latest. Above each machine there are facts about it such as the number manufactures and the fun scale rating. However, not all of the machines work. Other than that, this museum was a great deal.

2  Thank NorthAmericaReviews
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Well Seattle is known for many things, and now we have another awesome venue. Pinball machines dating back to the 60's and into the 90's!

A hands on interactive museum full of pin ball machines. Play as long as you like, the staff is kind and helpful, the games are varied all that and a cold beer!.

and when you are hungry? there are literally 500 restaurants within a 4 block walking distance.

2  Thank rk4040
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Many classic old pinball machines here and for $10 you can play until your wrists are sore or longer. A fantastic value and lots of fun.
Check it out.

9  Thank k3see5
Reviewed January 27, 2013

What a fantastic place. Our family (dad, mom, 13 and 9 year olds) loved spending a couple of hours here playing pinball. It is $10 for adults and I think $6 for kids, to play as long as you want. Very nice couple running the place. The machines are lined up by year with a brief history of each. You just go from machine to machine playing pinball. Notice the point inflation as we move to the present. My favorite was the Rolling Stones, trying to avoid Mick Jagger moving all over. We loved this place so much more than Gameworks. Grab yourself a bottle of coke or orange soda (or beer) and start playing. Since it is right in the international district, don't forget the Dim Sum afterwords.

5  Thank ProfLonghair