“Precisely as expected.”

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #30 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 16, 2007

This is a great budget hotel in a nice neighborhood in Seattle. I was hoping for somewhere clean, safe, and in a good location for seeing Seattle. I believe it fufilled all those requirements.

What it is NOT is a luxury hotel. The rooms are plain, but pleasant and tidy. They provide free bottled water in the mini fridge, along with microwave popcorn, and starbucks coffee. They have basic cable tv, no pay-per-view options but a VCR (! uhm, how about a DVD player instead?) The beds are adequate but strangely hollow feeling, very springy. Still comfortable though. The bathroom is spacious and clean, though the tub is kind of on the small side and the shower water pressure isn't strong like I prefer. The bathroom has a large framed mirror, but it would have been nice to have a full length mirror available in the room. One noticible drawback is that it was a little bit noisy. We kept checking the windows because it sounded like one of them was open due to the audible traffic noises outside.

Staff is friendly and helpful. They have laundry facilities along with several vending machines for snacks and beverages. They also offer a free 24hour workout room that was very nice to have access to. (treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical machine, weight machine, they provide towels, apples, fans, and a small tv.)

There is a nearby 24hr grocery store, Dick's hamburgers across the street for late night munchies (open until 2am) and really delicious pizza by the slice at Pagliacci's one block down. Seattle Center (space needle, science center!) and Key Arena are both just a very short walk away.

The Mediterranean is : Clean, convenient, and friendly.
The Mediterranean is not: fancy or quiet.

I would recommend it for family or budget travellers, not so much for business or romantic trips.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank frankfurtermadchen
Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed March 5, 2007

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Mediterranean Inn in Seattle in March of 2007. I found the hotel through this site and I have to say it exceeded my expectations. It was clean and extremely comfortable. We had a view of the space needle from our fourth floor room with a comfy window seat. The location couldn't be beat. It is within walking distance of the space needle and Seattle Center. One of the best breakfasts in Seattle is just a block up at the Mecca Cafe. And the monorail from Seattle Center takes you right downtown in minutes. Internet access in the rooms was only a $5 surcharge. Thanks to this website and to the Mediterranean for such a great trip!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank kdaisy
Reviewed February 27, 2007

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights from February 21-23, 2007. We decided to book in this Hotel based from the Internet reviews made by Expedia/Trip Advisor travellers! Personally speaking, we both are quite impressed with the hotel in terms of cleanliness, customer service, amenities, and the location of the hotel!

Hotel staff are very helpful, friendly and accommodating, the one complaint I have is that we didn't get the Space Needle view in our window, although my husband and I enjoyed the Hotel's roof- top view of Seattle during the night!

The location of the hotel is just walking distance to Seattle Center, as well as downtown Seattle! Apart from the Hotel, I highly recommend the Argosy cruise tours--Harbor and Lake Seattle...it was such a treat that we saw Bill Gates' mansion along Lake Washington via Argosy Lake Seattle cruise! Anyhow, a definite "A" rating for the Meditteranean Hotel, for sure!

Stayed: February 2007
7  Thank Tinskie143
Reviewed February 18, 2007

I learned about Mediterranean inn through this website. I was very happy with my stay. They have internet in the lobby so that is nice. The room was pretty nice, had a nice sink/microwave/refrigerator with complimentary water/popcorn/starbucks coffee. Nice touch. TV full of stations. The roof deck has a beautiful view as well.

Overall nice place. Will stay again for sure. Pretty central, lots of restaurants around. not to mention Safeway grocery store across store, very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank pdxswing
Reviewed February 14, 2007

My husband and I stayed here over a long weekend while attending a wedding. We loved it. The room was very clean and functional (although there was not a lot of space to put toiletries in the bathroom). If you have more than one person to a bed, make sure you get a room with a queen size bed, because some of them have full size. The "kitchenette" was a bit overrated in the hotel website's description. It was really just a microwave, minifridge, and sink - but it did the job for our purposes. There was no air conditioning, but the ceiling fan worked just fine for us - even in August. Location was great - right across from Seattle Center where the Space Needle is. We were able to take buses to other points, such as Pike Place Market (though this is walkable if you like long walks). Free internet access in the lobby helped us plan our sightseeing. If you stay here don't miss the beautiful view from the roofdeck!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank homebody00
Reviewed February 7, 2007

This hotel is a true gem! Very bright and cheery even on the most overcast days. Located in a A vibrant, hip neighborhood at the foot of Queen Anne hill. Everything is within walking distance. The rooms are nicely furnished and comfortable. Check out the newly opened Metropolitan Market just a few blocks away for an unforgettable culinary mecca of a market! Lots of good restaurants and shops within a 3 block radius. Just a few block away from the Seattle Center and Bell Town. A nice walk to the Pike Place Market. All in all, a great little hotel in a fantastic location. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank Libbety
Reviewed January 27, 2007

Well this place was a total surprise for Seattle. Close proximity to EVERYTHING. My daughter had told us about the place. Totally affordable, across the street from all the Seattle Center stuff, and downtown just a short hop.

We had GREAT views of Elliot Bay. Ask for the 6th floor, western exposure.

For some extra cash, the underground parking was truly exceptional. Spend the money.

Staff was VERY nice and VERY helpful.

The only negative was the truly crappy bed. Thin, lumpy, and if someone coughed, you got thrown out the other side.

Not too bad for around a C note per night.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple