This is a great budget hotel in a nice neighborhood in Seattle. I was hoping for somewhere clean, safe, and in a good location for seeing Seattle. I believe it fufilled all those requirements.
What it is NOT is a luxury hotel. The rooms are plain, but pleasant and tidy. They provide free bottled water in the mini fridge, along with microwave popcorn, and starbucks coffee. They have basic cable tv, no pay-per-view options but a VCR (! uhm, how about a DVD player instead?) The beds are adequate but strangely hollow feeling, very springy. Still comfortable though. The bathroom is spacious and clean, though the tub is kind of on the small side and the shower water pressure isn't strong like I prefer. The bathroom has a large framed mirror, but it would have been nice to have a full length mirror available in the room. One noticible drawback is that it was a little bit noisy. We kept checking the windows because it sounded like one of them was open due to the audible traffic noises outside.
Staff is friendly and helpful. They have laundry facilities along with several vending machines for snacks and beverages. They also offer a free 24hour workout room that was very nice to have access to. (treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical machine, weight machine, they provide towels, apples, fans, and a small tv.)
There is a nearby 24hr grocery store, Dick's hamburgers across the street for late night munchies (open until 2am) and really delicious pizza by the slice at Pagliacci's one block down. Seattle Center (space needle, science center!) and Key Arena are both just a very short walk away.
The Mediterranean is : Clean, convenient, and friendly.
The Mediterranean is not: fancy or quiet.
I would recommend it for family or budget travellers, not so much for business or romantic trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are ideally located for business or pleasure in the vibrant Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle. The Space Needle, Key Arena and downtown Seattle are just moments away and for our coffee lovers we feature a Starbucks(R) Cafe off the lobby. The hotel is beautifully appointed with the look of the Mediterranean that embraces you with a comfortable and relaxed feeling. Each guest room features a kitchenette and the entire hotel is 100% non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mediterranean Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Seattle
- Mediterranean Inn Seattle