Mediterranean Inn
$199
$179
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

$271
  • Pool
Motif Seattle(Seattle)
$199
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $275/night.

$251
$206
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

$230
$251
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $295/night.

$230
$202
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

$283
$189
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

1,665 results
All reviewsrooftop deckseattle centerstarbucks attachedqueen annespace needlegreat locationtoulouse petitmetropolitan marketfree popcornacross the streetstarbucks coffeewalking distancesmall kitchenetteunderground parkingfridge and microwavebus stopfront desk staff
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We spent a night at the Mediterranean Inn at the conclusion of an Alaskan cruise. The hotel provided fair value for the cost. Close to Seattle Center and the Monorail to downtown. Actually, downtown is a nice walk for most people. The hotel had free access to the internet and two computer terminals with printers available. Nothing fancy here, but affordable and good (safe) location. Less than $7 taxi ride from cruise ship to hotel.

We jumped on the monorail, walked around the downtown, and walked back to the hotel. Enjoyed a night at the Jazz Alley (walking distance) and a train ride the next morning to Vancouver ($9 taxi ride to the train terminal).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2010

For the price and location of this hotel, it was a very excellent choice. This is my first visit to this hotel. As with all my reviews, I will go through as much as I can remember from the experience.

Initial Thoughts: After hearing some positive reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided on taking the chance and checking out this hotel. As an added perk, this hotel was eligible under my THANKYOU points from expedia, which gave me FREE nights at this hotel. How can I not pick it? ;) My girlfriend and I arrived on the red eye flight from Los Angeles. Thank goodness for GPS. There are a lot of one way streets in Seattle. Arriving after midnight, the hotel exterior looked exactly like the pictures I saw online. When you try to park though, you might get confused because you have to check in first to get access to the parking garage behind the building. Parking cost $15/day. I have some gripes about the whole parking issue. First, the parking garage is very TIGHT. I luckily had a Prius and was able to navigate that car in the super tight spots in the garage. Second, if I’m paying $15/day for parking, I should be able to find a spot easy, not having to HOPE or WISH for a spot to be open. Other then that, parking was fine. They have security camera’s watching the garage and I actually saw one employee checking for valid parking tags.

The Grounds: Not so much real estate here. Lobby is nice and simple. Clean. Nice to know that Starbucks is connected directly next to the lobby. There’s a gym also near the lobby. I didn’t have a chance to go to the upper balcony for a view, but I heard it was nice up there. Seattle Center was walking distance. You can see the space needle from the hotel.

The Room: Do not expect an extravagant room or anything. The room was good enough for two people. Standard size room. Everything was neat and tidy. Did not have any issues with the room being dirty. Bathroom was clean as well. The room we were assigned to was on the 2nd floor, facing the busy street. If you have a chance to get a room at the upper floors, I would say do so. Staying on this floor and location on a Friday night means hearing the intoxicated people walk just right outside your room. This can be very annoying if you’re trying to get a good night’s rest before you start your day the next morning. I was surprised to see a flat LCD TV in the room. That was a nice touch. The bed was ok, not too hard, not too soft. The room also didn’t come with AC, but I guess you wouldn’t need it that much because open your windows and you’ll feel that breeze come in. The little kitchenette in the room was convenient as well. You can buy some groceries by the near by SAFEWAY and keep some food in the fridge.

The Food: Did not get any food at the hotel. Go outside and visit Seattle. All the food will be out there waiting for you.

The Staff: Staff was friendly and attentive. Didn’t have too much contact with them. Only for checking in and out of the hotel.

Summary: For the super price of FREEDOLLARS and location, I would recommend this hotel if anyone is staying in Seattle. Just make you have a tiny car for the garage parking lot ;).

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and enjoyed it a great deal. The location is absolutely superb - 2 mins walk from Seattle Center, and the bus that goes downtown stops just outside the hotel and takes about 10 mins. The room was quiet and clean and excellent value. The staff were courteous but not particularly friendly compared to typical American customer service. (Check-in is stated as 4pm but I arrived at 10 am and was told if I returned at noon my room would be available. I returned at 1 to be told it was not ready and that "check-in is at 4". This was frustrating as I could have stayed out and returned at 4 if I hadn't been told to return at noon. The next day, I heard another guest having exactly the same frustrating conversation.) However, this is the only minor criticism I have of an excellent stay. Make sure you visit the roof terrace as the views are stunning.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank storey917
Reviewed April 21, 2010

My daughter and I went to Seattle for the weekend for a campus tour of University of Washington. We were visiting the Emerald city for the first time so sightseeing was also on our itinerary. I almost booked a room at a hotel by the U-District, but found the Mediterranean Inn; a mere 6 miles away from the school, and close to the city’s sights, the latter was a favorable choice. And with rates less than $100/night, it was also a practical one.

Located in the unassuming neighborhood of Queen Anne, the hotel is a 5- minute walk to the Needle; a 10-minute cab ride to Pike Place Market; and a 15 to 20 minute ride to the University. Though small, little touches like: wallpaper in the bathroom, a basket to hold toiletries, and a curtain in place of a closet door, created a homey feel to the room. The carpet’s a bit run-down but the bed is comfortable enough to give you a good night’s sleep. However, if you're a light sleeper, the occasional street noise could be a bit of a bother. The room also comes with a fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker- great amenities for those traveling with small children.

Wi-fi isn’t available in the room but there are 2 computers in the lobby that you can use. The Starbucks below is also an AT&T hotspot.

One reviewer mentioned that the staff seemed aloof. I did notice that, but don’t be put off; they can be quite accommodating when you ask for help. They can also arrange for transportation to the airport for a flat rate of $43. Probably the same amount for a cab ride, but a good option if you want a nicer car.

Restaurants in the area that are worth trying: Phuket Thai restaurant, Skycity in the Space Needle, and although we didn’t get a chance to try it, I heard that Dick’s across the street serves up good burgers.

For some quiet time with a view: check out the rooftop. There’s a row of deck chairs that you can use to take a load off.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank tntonthego01
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Lots of local "flavor" within walking distance. Hotel far exceeded my expectations and I will definitely stay there again as well as recommend it to anyone I know travelling to the Seattle area!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends