“Great value, great location.”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 5, 2006

I found the Mediterranean Inn on Trip Advisor and stayed there in the spring of 05. I was there in August of this year and was once again very happy with the hotel. As others have mentioned the Queen Anne area is terrific. Lots of good restaurants close by like the Melting Pot and the Five Spot Diner. We drove into downtown but you could easily take the transit just a block away. It's a nice comfortable area to come home to. The hotel itself is basic and you definitely need to request AC if you want it as all rooms don't have it. The bathrooms are small but livable. The rooftop deck is outstanding. I could have spent a day there just reading and ejoying the view. Starbucks downstairs is a nice attraction and convenient.

All in all I'd highly recommend the Mediterranean. Great rates in off season. Quite a bit higher as all hotels are in summer. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kim C

Reviewed October 3, 2006

I enjoyed my stay here, and would definitely both recommend it and stay here again. While not in downtown, it was easy to get around with the bus (stop a block away, 4-5 lines) and free transfers. The surrounding area (Lower Queene Anne) had good restaurants (Racha, Pesos, Caffe Ladro) and stores (music, books, safeway, drug store). The hotel decor was fine (nothing special and nothing mediterranean about it, a bit dated) and everything was clean. Rooftop view was amazing, free bottled water in the room was great, free internet in the lobby also was helpful. Front desk was extremely helpful with directions, getting messages, extra keys, etc. Not necessarily a place to stay for a romantic weekend getaway, but for anything else, it works.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank AD_WDC
Reviewed September 11, 2006

Great location, clean rooms, good amenities, great rooftop view. Only a few rooms have AC so beware when you book if it's summer. Easy to get downtown with the bus schedule and stop a block away. Good, safe parking garage below the hotel, although you would not park your large SUV there. I would definitely book again, specifying a room with AC if in warm months. The only thing that would have made the stay better was a slightly more comfortable bed, thicker pillows, and free internet ($5 daily or $15 weekly).

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pastry_Princess
Reviewed September 3, 2006

We just returned from a 3 night stay (over Labor Day weekend) in Seattle at the Mediterranean Inn. I will definitely stay there again the next time I find myself in Seattle. I thought the rates were reasonable, the location is fantastic, and the rooms are great. As for location...it is right in the heart of the Queen Anne district. There are several restaurants, pubs, and coffee shops within a couple of blocks. There is a Safeway just across the street as well as a movie theater. It is also just a couple of blocks from the Seattle Center (the Space Needle, Key Arena, as well as other venues/sights.) If you are going to the Bumbershoot festival, you can't get a better location. We did walk to Pike Place Market. It took us around 20 minutes, so I know that won't be for everyone. There is a city bus stop a block up the street and the front desk staff were very helpful with public transportation instructions. The Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel is very convenient. We got our morning coffee at Starbucks and went straight up to the deck to enjoy the view & the gorgeous weather. As for the room...our room was on the 3rd floor of the hotel, not facing the street. It was clean except for a couple of stains on the carpet. The bed was comfortable and the shower was excellent. The room had a fridge and microwave. They provided 2 bottles of water, coffee, and a bag of microwave popcorn. We did not have air conditioning, but there was a ceiling fan and I noticed that some rooms had oscillating fans so I guess you can ask for one. Our room stayed comfortable since it didn't really get any sun and the nights were cool. We slept with the window open; it was quiet since we didn't face a street. I guess if I had to come up with one complaint, it would be that the parking spaces were really small. I have a compact car, so it wasn't a problem but I would have a hard time parking a big car. Parking was $12 per night, under the hotel in a very secure garage. All in all, it was a great stay and I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Darylemad
Reviewed August 20, 2006

After searching for an affordable hotel in Seattle for 2 nights, I decided on the Mediterranean Inn. I had read the reviews on this site, so I somewhat knew what to expect. First the good: The location is great....a quick walk to Seattle Center and short drive to Pike Place Market and the waterfront. The view from the top desk was fantastic as well! The bad: Having the windows open because of no A/C would have been fine if the traffic didn't continue to be loud all night! There is a stand up fan and a ceiling fan in the room, but our ceiling fan had so much dust on it we were sneezing when we turned it on. The bathroom doesn't have much room to put your toiletries out. The shower was not bad though. The first morning we were there we went to leave our room and our door would not latch shut. Then both of our key cards stopped working the second day. The people at the front desk seemed like they wanted to be anywhere but there. The beds weren't all the great either. We were in a queen room, but my 6'4" fiance swears the bed was only a double! If you're not looking for frills this place is ok.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shaznatiger
Reviewed August 20, 2006

We typically stay in downtown Seattle and chose the Med. Inn basedon avaiability and price. It is not close enough to downtown to make it convenient to walk to the shops but you can still see the area from the small rooftop patio. The room was tired and there was nothing "Mediterranean" about it. Small room issues were addressed quickly and the neighbourhood was full of good restaurant/food choices and was very close to Seattle Centre. Would not stay there again as I prefer the dynamic of the city, but it was acceptable for a 2 night getaway stay, so long as you factor in the cost of the transporation or the time it takes to get to where you want to be.

2  Thank The Great Debalina
Reviewed August 13, 2006

We stayed at the Mediterranean Inn for three nights. Our room was on the sixth floor, it had a great view of Elliot Bay and downtown. Yes, our room had air conditioning, though weather was great and we did not use it. Nice touches to the room included bottled waters in the refrigerator, and a pack of microwave popcorn. The business center and lobby have free internet access, which came in quite handy to check in for our flights prior to going to the airport. They also have a nice laundry area, fitness room and the rooftop deck which offers a great view!
If you are hungry there are many restaurants nearby, grocery and drugstore if you forget something-open 24 hours. Also a short walk to Seattle Center, the Monorail is open, $4.00 roundtrip ride to downtown. Waterfront area is a little longer, but you can catch the free route 99 bus at Pier 70 which makes many stops along the waterfront and Pioneer Square/Chinatown. You can walk a few long blocks from Pioneer Square area to take in a tour of Safeco Field or Qwest Field on non-game days.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Mediterranean Inn and would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple