“Great location”

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #31 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel has an excellent location. The staff was very helpful and they gave us some good recommendations on places to eat. The rooftop is awesome and it has an excellent view of the city. Be aware though that hotel does not have air conditioning.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you for your review, and I hope that your stay with us was comfortable and pleasant. Yes, most of our rooms are currently non-A/C. We are excited to announce, however, that we will be starting a project this fall to convert the rest of our units to also have A/C. We know this will only increase our hotel's ability to create a comfortable place for guests to stay, and so we are looking forward to the change. We hope you will come back to see us to see the finished project!

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was looking for a hotel in the Queen Anne area for long weekend with my wife. We wanted to stay somewhere that was updated, but affordable. Lots of the hotels in the area only fulfilled one of our two requirements but the Mediterranean Inn accomplished both. The room was up-to-date, had a small kitchenette with fridge, and was cozy. Not huge, but definitely served its purpose. The location was great though. It had a Starbucks connected to the lobby (don't even have to go outside into the rain), and there are lots of great restaurants in the area. The Space Needle is an easy walk away and Kerry Park is just up Queen Anne hill. And when we wanted to come back for a glass of wine, the Mediterranean had a spectacular rooftop deck. Could see the whole Puget Sound and downtown Seattle. I would definitely recommend the Mediterranean Inn for families and for business.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room on any side other than the east side. That side faces Queen Anne Ave, and ca...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you and your wife had a great time away on your long weekend. Your suggestion of requesting a room away from Queen Anne Ave is a great one for those lighter sleepers. Our interior courtyard rooms may be a good alternative for anyone looking for a room that is entirely away from street noise. I hope that the pair of you were well-rested, wherever you were at the property during your stay!

We hope to see you back with us soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was impressed with this hotel for several reasons - excellent location, we walked to the Space Needle and the Chiluly museum. Delicious restaurants within walking distance. The staff was very knowledgeable about the area. Recommended excellent restaurants in the area. The rooftop had a fabulous view. We were able to sit up there in the evening and enjoy the beautiful views. The only problem we had was there is no air conditioning. We did have a breeze but at one point in the evening it was hot. We also heard that the area we were in, they really did not have air conditioning because it never gets that hot or humid. Considering we would have liked air conditioning, we do not regret staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! I'm happy to read that you found us so enjoyable and that the staff's knowledge only helped to bolster your positive experience. The location is definitely wonderful as well.

This summer has been hotter than I've seen in a long time, and so I completely understand many of the discomforts felt with our current accommodations. We are pleased to announce that the rest of our rooms will be converted to include A/C, beginning this fall. Even though you managed without it, I hope that you (and many others) will come back to see us again when the project is complete! It should only serve to heighten our guests' comfort in any season, and we are excited for the change.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

My family and I stayed for 2 nights at this location last month and were dismayed that our rooms had no air- conditioning! The site read some rooms had this, I had not thought that it would be so hot inside. The lobby was cool- the room was so hot we used a box fan to try to cool off.
The price was expensive for the type of room and it's age.
The only positive was the location.
I would not recommend this place- although the staff was quite nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank beschroder

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that it wasn't the stay we would have hoped for, and that you didn't consider our rooms to be at a good value. The months of June-August see rates that skyrocket in this city due to high demand. We aim to fall at an appropriate place within that: to be affordable, but competitive with similar properties. I'm sorry that wasn't your experience.

We are pleased to announce that we will be starting a project this fall to convert the rest of our rooms to also have A/C. It is unfortunate that it couldn't come a few months sooner; the summer Seattle has had this year has been one of the hottest on record in the last three decades. I completely understand the discomfort many of our guests have felt on those record high days.

I am glad that the staff took care of you as best they could given the circumstances. I would hope that if you return to Seattle you'd look us up once that project is completed. We'd love to have you back with us.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed at the Mediterranean during the PAC-12 women's basketball tournament so we got a special rate that I doubt can be matched otherwise. I can honestly say the rate made me expect much less than what the hotel delivered.

Don't judge a book by its cover; nothing about the outside of the hotel screams exceptional. Yet, the lobby is pleasant , the staff friendly, and the rooms clean and comfortable. When it poured, the front desk staff loaned us an umbrella. They do that a lot. Our room was quiet with a window that opened (so rare these days!). We had a kitchenette with a fridge (so handy to keep those water bottles cold), sink, microwave, and coffee pot. The hotel furniture came was made by a company in Oregon (i.e., it was not imported). We had a safe for the electronics - THANK YOU!

The hotel's location is near perfection. There are at least a half dozen terrific restaurants within a couple of blocks, a Starbucks just off the lobby, bus service to/from downtown & the Amtrak station within a block; an impressive gourmet grocery store for stocking up on provisions for your journey home (or a local picnic) is also nearby. Key Arena, the Space Needle, monorail, the Pacific Science Center, the Chihuly Garden and Glass museum, the Gates Foundation, and many other iconic Seattle sites are within EASY walking distance.

I hope the PAC-12 goes back to Seattle again next year. I really enjoyed staying at the Mediterranean.

Room Tip: We had no view (it was a wall) but our room was really quiet even with the window open.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anon5471

Thank you for your detailed feedback! We loved having so many people stay with us this past spring for the PAC-12 tournament. We hope we are able to have everyone back next year too! We definitely boast a great location, as well as a fabulous team of people that want to take care of our customers. It seems you enjoyed both while you were here, and we certainly are pleased to hear it.

Thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We enjoyed our stay. It was convenient to many local attractions, along with the monorail towards pike place (Westlake) if you didn't want to walk it. The staff was friendly. You must visit the rooftop deck to watch the sunset! Parking on site is $18/day and there is a fee for Wifi. There is a kitchenette...mini fridge, microwave, sink, coffee pot with Starbucks coffee. Nice amenities in the bathroom with large towels, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion. My only complaint is that there is no A/C...yes the rooms stay fairly cool with the windows open and a fan on but the noise from the streets below was somewhat bothersome.

1  Thank mrb415

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I definitely would agree and reiterate to anyone else: our rooftop deck is a must-see while here.

I'm sorry that you were bothered (even slightly) by any street noise from needing to leave windows open. It is true that currently we have many rooms that are non-A/C, but we are excited to announce that we will be moving forward this fall to converting the rest of our rooms to also have A/C. Hopefully this only increases the level of great service we are able to bring to all of our guests. We hope you return to see the finished project!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

PROS: I wish I had had more time to explore this area - looks very cool. I loved the rooftop deck; great views and comfy Adirondack chairs to relax in. Clean, all needs accommodated in the room. LOVE that the towels are actually nice and big enough to actually get around your body!

CONS: No aircon in my room. Was a bit warm the night I was there and I prefer a cold room to sleep in. With windows open it was okay but was woken early by street noise etc.

NOTES: Parking and internet are NOT included in the price so do the math when comparing prices to other properties.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TheSportsPaige

Thank you for your feedback! The area is very quaint and interesting; some amazing restaurants, historical buildings, and other hidden spots. Hopefully the next time you are in Seattle you are able to spend more time exploring.

We are excited to announce that we will be starting a project to add A/C to all our rooms this fall. We hope that will continue to help to add to our guests having a comfortable stay with us in any season. Thank you again and hopefully we'll see you back at the Mediterranean Inn soon.