“Very Clean, friendly customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #34 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Clean, friendly customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

The customer service was pretty good, we were able to get the room early in the morning, it was very clean, the bathroom is huge, the room has a kitchenette but no burner, it has a microwave, fridge and sink with garburator. There's no plates or glasses. There's free popcorn, coffee, tee, and 2 bottles of water. The location of the hotel it's pretty far from the market and shopping industry, but it's close to the EMP, science museum and space needle. Transportation is very easy, there's lots of busses running around the corner that can take you to the market and around. Printing services are also available, there's a gym, and a starbucks on the lobby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to hear that the Front Desk was swift and efficient with getting you checked in. Due to supply, we actually don't provide those automatically in our rooms but have a full stock downstairs ready to be brought upstairs upon request. We have recently experimented with signage in the room to help communicate this; we may need to keep experimenting. At any rate, I hope this wasn't too inconvenient for you.

We love our location and are pleased to hear you did as well! We very much appreciate your patronage and hope to see you with us again.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Hebrew first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel could not give us a room because of a black out. This was unfortunate but the worst thing was that getaroom.com provided no support at all to deal with the situation. The hotel personnel told me to go get another hotel. I had to find another hotel (of course more expensive), pay for a cab to take me there, and deal with all the sorts of problems, with absolutely no support at all either from the Mediterranean Inn nor from getaroom.com. I understand a blackout can happen, but why would one book an hotel through an intermediary if this intermediary is not capable to help in such unfortunate situations? Still they hold my money and I can't see any reimbursement to my credit card.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback. The power outage was an incredibly unfortunate situation to be in that we had no control over (making it all the more frustrating). We recognize the inconvenience, and that all of our guests expect to be staying in a hotel that has power; without it they simply aren't receiving the basic amenities they paid for.

Due to the chaos, I may have very well over-looked something regarding your cancellation. I apologize for any neglect on my part and can assure you it was not intentional. Please reach out to me at the hotel directly; I will make sure (if the process has not been started already) that I contact Getaroom on your behalf for this full refund.

I appreciate your patronage and look forward to helping resolve this issue.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had to book a last-minute trip to Seattle for a very sad occasion -- the memorial for a dear friend who had passed away. I really got gouged on the airfare, but luckily, I was able to find a room at the Mediterranean Inn for a very good price. The location was perfect for me, not far from the Space Needle or downtown Seattle, close to bus lines that can get you wherever you need to go. When I say "no frills," I mean it -- the rooms have no air conditioning, and the hotel charges for internet use (which is pretty unheard of these days). That said, all I really needed was a clean, safe, comfortable place to stay for a couple of days, and the Mediterranean was absolutely all of those things.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry to hear of the circumstances of your stay, but glad to know that we were able to have a comfortable place for you here. We do aim to be "no frills" so that we can pass our savings onto our guests and stay focused on great customer service. Though we are always looking for ways to improve, knowing we don't have it all figured out, and very much appreciate all feedback.

Air conditioning is something we currently only have to offer in some of our top floor units. Thanks to the mild Seattle climate we are in, it rarely is an issue.

We appreciate your patronage and feedback and hope to see you again!

Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Took a risk and booked this hotel for a 12 night stay, having never stayed there. Had read the reviews and I wanted a location in the North Queen Anne area which had a small kitchennette and off-street parking. The Mediterranean Inn met the criteria. Check in was smooth, with brief explanation of amenities. My room was on 4th floor facing Queen Anne Ave, king bed, window seat and small kitchennette area. I requested dishes and cooking items and the next day a large pack of an electric hot plate, pots and pans, dishes, cooking utensils, flatware and dish soap arrived with a drying rack. Worked perfect for me with the fridg, microwave and small sink. Many good restaurants within walking distance and I could bring home my leftovers too. A Safeway grocery store is across the street too. Underground parking was good. The wireless connection in my room was slow and I ended up using my mobile hotspot instead. The hotel credited me. The gym in the hotel is equipped well and I used it several times. They keep fruit and water bottles plus extra towels in the gym which appreciated, The housekeeping staff was wonderful. I worked in my room a couple of days and didn't use housekeeping and they were quiet and respectful. My last night there, we had a power outage. I always carry a flashlight and a whistle with me just in case and the light was needed, You can't believe how dark hallways, stairwells and an underground parking garage can be until you have no lights. All the power was off in the entire block so the hotel staff did their best, They came down and manually opened the garage door so I could get my car out. I will stay here again when the weather is cool, not hot. There is a ceiling fan in the room but no air conditioning so be aware of this when you book. Not a problem for me this time of year. All around great experience for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: I always prefer an upper floor and I would choose a room 4th floor or higher on the Queen Anne Ave s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank M B
Thank you again for your feedback. We are so glad to know that your extended stay here was pleasant and comfortable. The power outage definitely caught us all by surprise, and while it was unfortunately entirely out of our control, we find it has been an invaluable learning experience.

Regarding the air conditioning, we do have some of our top floor units that have air conditioning. Calling the property directly is the best way to guarantee one of those as needed. We are hoping to expand the number of units with A/C soon to continue to ensure comfort for our guests.

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had gone to the ballet and couldn't get home due to snow. We booked this place last minute. It was perfect! The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a 5th floor room with a view of Queen Anne. The room had a comfy window seat where we sat and watched the snow fall. They also have a rooftop terrace with great views of the city. There are tons of great places to eat within blocks. A local favorite, Dick's, is right across the street. There is also a Safeway in case you need anything. Our room had a kitchenette which would have been handy had we been there longer. The room was clean. Not a lot of city noise made its way in. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the space needle
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank backpackerjmk
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, as unexpected as it must have been! We really do have a great location and it seems like you took full advantage of it. Thank you again for your patronage - come and see us again the next time you head to the ballet, snow or not!

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have traveled all over the world and stayed at truly amazing hotels and resorts. But when push comes to shove, it is the people that count. Who'd have thought that right in my own back yard (when going through a nasty divorce) a group of people at the Mediterranean took me in as family! Don't miss the roof view and amazing restaurants, either!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and a view of the hill!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your patronage and gracious remarks! We wish you the best and will look forward to hosting you any time that you need a place to stay.

Best Wishes,
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

We only stayed here as we had a Groupon deal but was not disappointed; we checked in pretty swiftly and must say I didn't feel like the front desk staff were judging towards us like others have said, quite the opposite really, the chap that checked us in was very talkative and advised us where we could grab some late drinks and food.

The room was perfectly fine and great for the price that we paid; we would happily stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad to hear you found us on a deal and enjoyed your time. Personally I think we have a fabulous staff here, and I'm pleased to hear that the gentleman checking you in did everything we aim to do consistently: be friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient with everyone.

We look forward to having you back with us!