“Great staff and great location”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #30 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The location of this hotel was great..Only 10 min. walk to the space needle and Monorail! Wonderful restaurants close by. There was a Safeway right across the street.(Had tables inside for you to sit and eat whatever you got from the deli.) Hotel was very clean and the staff super friendly.We checked out but still wanted to explore more of the bite of Seattle.For a minimal amount of money they let us stay parked there until 4 pm.(The new check in time for other guests) Starbucks in the lobby and Starbucks coffee in your room. Only downfall was no A.C. Not much of a problem most of the year in Wa. We went to a concert at Safeco and had a HUGE problem with transportation back...Just be aware what time the monorail quits running!!! Check out the rooftop views. Looking forward to visiting again...

Room Tip: Totally depends on what time of year you stay here to how important A.C. is to you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WaltDisney9
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am glad you found our location convenient for your time here - it definitely is a great neighborhood.
For your next stay with us, give us a call! Especially for requesting rooms with A/C, talking directly with the hotel is your best bet, in case you ever need it.

Best Regards,

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

With only a few days to explore we lucked into this wonderful property. Excellent staff, Starbucks attached, amazing rooftop views and convenient to all.major attractions. Nice kitchenette in every room, great laundry and free business suite, clean and accommodating. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jbla1951

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us back in the fall! We hope to see you next time you get a few more days to explore the Emerald City.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My best friend and I travelled to Seattle for 10 days and called this our home base. Everything was within walking distance and the staff were more than accommodating! The rooms were a little small, but that was not a big deal as we spent most of our time exploring. We were within walking distance to all the major attractions and the price was perfect. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank IreneNancy

Thanks so much for letting us know you enjoyed your time here! Our rooms aren't too large at all, so with that we definitely aim to be cozy and comfortable so I am glad you were able to successfully explore and rest.
We hope to see you next time your travels bring you down to Seattle!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here for a night to see the Pearl Jam concert at the Key Arena, which is only a block away. There is also a Safeway one block in the opposite direction. There are probably 12 locally owned restaurants within a 4 square block area around the Mediterranean. The Light rail from the airport drops you at Nordstrom's, downtown, and then the Monorail takes you to the Space Needle, and then its an easy 10 minute walk to the hotel - no taxi needed.
The hotel is clean, the staff was super friendly, and there is a Starbucks right inside! We will stay here again for another concert trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hartimage

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us for the concert! It's always fun for us to see everyone excited for their favorite bands in town. We are looking forward to the next one, too!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I bought a deal through Living Social that was good for two nights and included parking and wifi. I upgraded to a corner double queen on the 5th floor with a view of the Space Needle.

Pros: Location (you're literally 2 blocks from stores, supermarkets, great dining, coffee shops, the Space Needle, EMP, Chihuly Glass Garden, etc), friendly and efficient staff, super comfy beds, roof top observation deck, complimentary bottled water and popcorn in the room, quality bath products, bath sheets (not towels), secure onsight parking, onsite laundry room with new washers & dryers that are moderately priced, and a vending room that offers both Coke and Pepsi products.

Cons: The elevator is a bit slow but it is an older building, wifi was spotty on the 5th floor.

I would have been happy with the room and the experience if I'd paid full price, so to get it for a bargain made it that much better. I'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Yslandgyrl

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We are happy to have you back any time your plans bring you to our area.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I just loved this little hotel. I was there in December so not having air conditioning was not an issue for us. We did have 2 ceiling fans in our room and all of the windows could be opened, so there would only be a small period of time when that would be a problem.

The location is excellent as indicated in the other reviews. There are tons of places to eat very close by and the rest of the city is easily accessible. There is also a Safeway across the street and and a Metropolitan Market around the corner which is nice if you want to use the kitchenette.

Everyone at the hotel was so nice, even before we arrived. I spoke at length with the assistant manager about the best way to accommodate her wheelchair and stall have room for both my 92 year old mother and myself. We didn't get the handicapped accessible room because it only had one bed but the double queen room had ample room and, as a compromise, they gave us a really nice shower chair to use. Every single employee I came in contact with was friendly and courteous, from the maintenance people to the service staff. When they delivered something to my room I gave the lady a small tip and she tried to give it back!

I was a little surprised when, at check-in, the clerk asked me what 2 days (we were there a week) I wanted housekeeping, but I ended up rather liking that as I didn't have to worry about being out of the room so they could clean it. That was a plus for me so I didn't have to get my Mom up and out every day. I am pretty neat anyway, so that was not a problem. When I asked for extra trash bags they offered to clean the room more often if I wanted.

The rooms have a kitchenette with a sink, fridge, and microwave. I asked for dishes and utensils and also got a hot plate with a frying pan and small pot, a dish drainer, dish soap, and a sponge.

They provide complimentary coffee, tea, bottled water, and popcorn and replenished it when the room was cleaned.

The beds were really comfy and the had nice comforters. The towels are soft, fluffy and bath sheet size. Water pressure was good and hot water was plentiful.

$4.99/day for wi-fi at a nice hotel is very reasonable and they have a weekly rate of $25. I have paid much more at other hotels. If you don't want to pay the wi-fi fee, there is free computer use in the lobby.

For coffee lovers you can get to Starbucks through the lobby without going outside.

This may not have been the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed at but it made me feel comfortable and welcome and was very reasonably priced for this area. The only thing that would make it more perfect would be if they allowed dogs!

Room Tip: The double queen rooms are on the corner and have extra windows
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jane M
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Jane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such detailed feedback! I am glad to hear that all of our staff made your extended stay with us comfortable, especially with the additional challenge it can sometimes be traveling with family members that require extra care. Please come back to see us any time that you are in the area!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I'm leaving this place today and all I can say is that I've had a great stay in this hotel. The location is great but above all the staff and rooms are fantastic! I've stayed in 5 stars hotels and one of them wasn't as good as this one! So if you are looking for a great deal, friendly staff, cosy rooms and great location, you've found the perfect place to stay in! Just enjoy it!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nora C

Nora,

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us for your stay in Seattle. Please come and see us again!