I basically chose to stay here because all the hotels in downtown Seattle were quoting ridiculous rates, and having been to Seattle before I was not too bothered about the out-of-the-way location. If I begin with this first, the Mediterranean Inn is convenient if you want to visit the Seattle Center (i.e. Space Needle, EMP, Key Arena) or Belltown, but unless you have a car or take a cab, it is either a 30 to 40 minute walk to downtown or a 5 to 10 minute walk to the monorial terminal for the monorail to downtown (which is worth the fare). I wouldn't necessarily say this is a show-stopper, but it can be an inconvenience if you are in Seattle as a tourist or are a first-time visitor. Having said that, there are quite a few dining options in the area, especially if you go towards Belltown, and there is a Starbucks on the premises. This is just as well, since the hotel has no restaurant.
The hotel itself has the ambience of a motel. Nothing special (definitely not boutique-style if that is what you want), but it is comfortable enough and clean enough and the rooms are a resonable size. They include a little kitchenette area with a microwave, fridge, sink and coffee maker which makes it handy, especially given the lack of a hotel restaurant or bar. There is no air con, just ceiling fans. This was not an issue for me - Seattle is hardly Phoenix when it comes to temperatures, but I might imagine it being an irritation for some people. Wifi is not free, but the $5 per day is not as exorbitant as some other hotels at least. My biggest complaint was about the miniscule shampoo and soap quantities they provide.
Overall, the big difference in room rates (on this particular occasion) between downtown hotels and this one was enough for me to feel justified in choosing the Mediterranean Inn. However, if I was to come to Seattle again, and money was not tight or the room rate differential was not too high, I would definitely try to get a hotel in downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are ideally located for business or pleasure in the vibrant Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle. The Space Needle, Key Arena and downtown Seattle are just moments away and for our coffee lovers we feature a Starbucks(R) Cafe off the lobby. The hotel is beautifully appointed with the look of the Mediterranean that embraces you with a comfortable and relaxed feeling. Each guest room features a kitchenette and the entire hotel is 100% non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mediterranean Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Seattle
- Mediterranean Inn Seattle