“Nice place away from home...”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I came to Seattle for a conference that was being held at the Seattle Center. This was the perfect location for all of my events. I was able to walk a couple of blocks to the conference, and never had to take my car out of the garage. This is an older hotel, but nice and clean. The first room I was given had flags hanging just outside of the window. Unfortunately I noticed that they made loud scraping and moaning noises right away, so I asked if there were any other options. The receptionist immediately gave me a key to another room, and asked that I go and check it out to see if I felt it would be better for me. It was much better - so I moved into that room. I was very happy that the staff was so understanding and accommodating. My stay was very nice and uneventful. The staff was always friendly and greeted me with a smile.

The only down side was the noise from outside. There must be a bar down the block. One of the nights I heard drunk people arguing and making quite a racket. Later that night, when the bar was closing (2am), there was a lot of outside noise for about 30 minutes while loud drunk people must have been leaving the bar... Obviously this was no fault of the hotel, but it was difficult to sleep.

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting a room on the high floors to lessen the street noise. Also - make sure t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DEBRA L

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Nice rooms, good location shame about the wifi.
It was a great stay rooms are nice and roomy, nice to get a fridge and a coffee machine.
Head up to the roof for an amazing view over Seattle.
The only down sides were the lack of free wifi and no milk to have with my tea or coffee. It would have been nicer to be closer to the centre of the city but the bus service was good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Fun-beer-fan
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was a little skeptical with the name "inn" in its name but hubby made a good choice. The hotel is close to a few restaurants and there is a Starbucks next to it. Safeway is a couple of minutes' walk around the corner if you need a midnight snack. The hotel is also within walking distance to Seattle Centre and we can take a monorail to the city from there besides the bus service in front of the hotel.

Its staff at the reception are friendly and helpful and could provide us with lots of advise as we are first time tourists in the area.

Definitely will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YongCF
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just stayed at the Mediterranean Inn in Queen Anne district Seattle. GREAT price for the location. Parking underground was only $15 which was a value in itself. Once you park you can walk anywhere! The Hotel was clean, friendly staff, a Starbucks in the lobby and in the rooms!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank babsbrister
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was skeptical to stay here, given the low star count. However what a find! The location is perfect. A nice walk to EVERYTHING! There are resturants and bars literally within a block of this hotel. Also, I have NEVER stayed anywhere so quiet....actually got good rest!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the top floor,it was so quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed March 5, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Robert C
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had two adults and two children in a room with two full size beds. We were in town for the Hot Chocolate 5K and needed a room for only one night, Saturday.

The room was spacious enough for all of us and very clean. Complimentary amenities included Starbucks coffee for the maker, tea, bottled water, and microwave popcorn. Parking was provided for $15 a night with in/out privileges. The beds weren't that comfortable but I have slept on worse in other budget hotels. We were on the second floor and light sleepers could hear the traffic below but the heavy sleepers slept well.

The entire front desk staff was personable and helpful in answering questions. We were missing our HDMI cable to connect the DVD to the TV. Staff was up within 5 minutes to put in a cable. Check out was a breeze.

The hotel is very close to Key Arena and the entire Seattle Center and can be walked there within a few minutes. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family