“Its 4 circles if you want an extended stay type and not full service”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #30 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Its less if you expect room service and a feeling like your in a "nice" hotel.
Didnt know it was more of an extended stay place until stayed there,they have monthly rates
etc. It is in an OK lower Queen Anne neighborhood close to the Seattle Center and places to eat.
Also, , but our room happened to be right by a Noisy Generator or something and as Ive been told alot of the rooms dont have AC It would have been REALLY loud ifwe had to open the windows in the summer.

Room Tip: I believe there is limited rooms w/ AC and we paid extra for a view which Id recommend
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I needed to stay in lower Queen Anne and I was becoming dismayed about the hotel options until I discovered the Mediterranean Inn. I was really impressed with this hotel. The staff was really courteous and helpful. When I arrived from a long flight, the receptionist didn't bat an eye when I asked if I could microwave some food I had brought with me on the plane because I was famished. Another staff member printed out the bus schedule when I needed to go downtown. The room itself was great. The bed was comfortable and the heating system was good. I loved the rooftop view. The only drawbacks were a high surcharge for Wifi ($5/day are you kidding?!) but the Business Center with multiple computers and printers were helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed two nights before traveling to Vancouver for an Alaskan cruise. First of all I looked everywhere trying to get transportation from the airport, finally I called the Inn for suggestions, they have a private driver (Maru) with a Limo, who meet us at the airport, and brought us straight to the Hotel, great service and cheaper that a cab! So our trip started off on a good foot, as a side note do not jay walk in Seattle and obey the walk/no walk signals, as we were getting out of the limo a pedestrian was getting a ticket! we stayed in a room on the third floor, everything you would need, small ref., microwave, coffee pot. The room didn't have air conditioning, but I understand they have some rooms with, this didn't effect us, the weather was nice. A block down from the Inn is a Safeway food store, you can literally eat all your meals right there! A few blocks east is the space needle and Monorail, we rode the monorail downtown and back, easy access, if you don't mind walking a little bit. We wanted to take a tour since my wife had never been here, went down to the front desk and they arranged a tour with Northwest for us, also helped us get to a baseball game that evening, very friendly and helpful. We did the #1 Seattle City Tour, I recommend this tour (3 Hr +) .
One of the reasons we flew into Seattle was because its cheaper than Vancouver, and we wanted to see the city. There are several ways to get to Vancouver, but we rode the Amtrak Cascades, it left Seattle at 7:40 am. make online reservations in advance, this was a great way to travel, scenic and not stressful. Arrives in Vancouver @ 11:40 am. If I did this trip again I would stay at the Mediterranean Inn again, I almost forgot the roof view was voted one of the top 10 Hotel Views in the country, got some really good pictures from there, and met some fine folks there too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Having lived in Seattle for 29 years, I never had a personal need to stay at a hotel. Since we have moved away, I stayed at the Inn recently on a trip back to Seattle. For $84/night, you really can't beat that rate!

The hotel is located on lower Queen Anne. Queen Anne is the neighborhood next to downtown Seattle, so a great, vibrant neighborhood close to everything. Easy access to I-5, a quick bus ride/walk/cab to downtown Seattle (less than 2 miles), a block from Key Area, and maybe only a mile to the Seattle waterfront. Queen Anne is divided into 2 neighborhoods - upper and lower Queen Anne. Both parts of "the hill" have great restaurants and cute shops, but lower Queen Anne has a younger, more urban vibe while upper Queen Anne is more residential.

The hotel room was clean, service was friendly, but the hotel is relatively no frills. I may have a different opinion if I had visited the rooftop deck, which looks pretty amazing from the pictures on Trip Advisor. The window in my room looked into other rooms. It was a little disappointing that wi-fi was not free, as I feel like so many hotels offer free wi-fi now. I did really love the Starbucks access from the lobby - a true sign you're in Seattle!

I believe parking was $15, and I recommend it, as parking is scarce since this hotel is so close to Key Arena and downtown.

Some great places in the neighborhood are Peso's or Laredo's (both are Mexican restaurants with fun bars), The Great Nabob for a neighborhood bar with good local beer on tap, The Sitting Room for a cozy glass of wine and European-style hors d'oeuvres, and don't forget 2 Seattle institutions for casual dining - Pagliacci's Pizza and Dick's Drive-In hamburgers... both within a block of the Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank EmilyandSam
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We arrived a little early but they went out of their way to let us check in early,parking in alley behind with secure gates and you use a card key to gain entry.The rooms are smaller but very clean and they have nice beds with Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea in the room and pop corn with bottled water.This hotel is decorated very nice and is very clean with a Starbucks adjacent to the lobby, Hey that must mean it is Seattle!!!!But the location is great to sight see and the bus system is available and lots of taxis everywhere so do not hesitate this place is GREAT.You can grab the monorail also but parking downtown can add up pretty fast so taking transit is a great option

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank misharpittman
Mediterranean-Sea206, Director of Sales at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in Seattle, thank you for all the nice compliments!! We love the smell of freshly brewed coffee wafting up into the Lobby from Starbucks® - it’s a Seattle original for sure. Isn’t having a kitchenette in the room great? We have them in every room and there are a lot of nice grocery stores nearby so it’s easy to grab some snacks to stash in the fridge. On getting around - We have a Walk Score of 89 and a Transit Score of 76 which is excellent! You can walk to many restaurants, shopping and there is a wonderful neighborhood movie theatre right next door. As you mentioned it’s very easy to grab a cab, bus or the monorail and you can even check out one of our bikes to head downtown for more fun. Come back and see us again soon – it’s all in the neighborhood!
Stephanie

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Two blocks away from Key Arena was the selling point for us to stay here. Having a Starbucks in the lobby and a Dick's restaurant across the street were both a bonus. Modern room was very small with built in seating but having a kitchenette with a grocery store nearby helped to suit our needs. Rooftop patio had a good view of the water. Staff was very helpful and nice with the free use of computers. Parking was expensive but worth it to not have to leave our vehicle on the street overnight.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NorthwestCoaster
Mediterranean-Sea206, Director of Sales at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Thanks for all your great information for other travelers and the nice comments, we really like it! The rooftop has such a great view, we love watching all the water traffic sail across that pure blue water and on days when Mt. Rainier decides to reveal her beauty through the clouds it’s an amazing sight. We will be sure to pass your compliments along to our staff, they are terrific. It’s great that you were able to make use of our Business Center, we are constantly updating it, and in fact we just added an air printer in the Lobby so you can print from various wireless devices! Very cool! Come back and see us again soon, we appreciate your business!
Stephanie

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed four days in this charming, well placed hotel. We easily walked every day to Seattle Center, where the Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, EMP Museum, and the monorail are. To get to Pike Place Market downtown, we just took the monorail. Also close to several delicious restaurants - go down two blocks to Toulouse Petit; it was amazing creole breakfast, just delicious, and such a fun atmosphere!
The hotel itself was well-kept, clean, comfortable, and the staff was super friendly and helpful. Our teenage daughters were completely charmed with the place and now insist that this be our hotel every time we visit Seattle. :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DanielleDes

Thanks so much for all your nice comments! We appreciate it! Breakfast at Toulouse is so yummy and then you can walk it off over at the Seattle Center - it’s so close by and so much to see. The Monorail is great fun for all ages, it was part of the Seattle World’s Fair – and the city is kicking off “The Next Fifty” celebration starting in April. So come back and see us for some of those celebrations and be sure to bring the girls!
Sincerely, Stephanie